Dave to resign today? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dave to resign today?

Wanny took down the ship in Chicago and he'll not leave till the job is done here. I hope it doesn't go down this way because the season is far from over.

i guess you might be right...but cower popped into my mind as a coach who can motivate...maybe time has passed him buy...i don't no. but everyone here sees to want the OK hc or the LSU hc...the college coaches usually don't work out either.

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
Coach Cowher, sure he can fire up a team, but he has been in Pitt longer than a coach should be with any team (besides Don Shula ;) ) he wouldve been fired by Wayne a long time ago...he doesnt know how to get it done either...

Doesn't know how to get it done? Four AFC Championship Game appearances and a Super Bowl appearance, and play-offs in 8 of 11 seasons (not counting this year). Okay, so he hasn't WON the Super Bowl, but he's gotten a lot closer than the Dolphins have over the same time frame, and (assuming he's available) would there be a coach with a better track record available?

I'm the first to admit this might not be accurate...

...but isn't the Monday PC normally at 3:00? Why the change this week?

This is not good, anyhow you spin it

Norv T sucks as a Head Caoch, hell he sucks as an OC. So if DW resigns, fellas you can write off this season. Not even Don Shula can help us at this point.

Resign, after 4 losses? Highly dubious. I doubt the season will get any better by changing head coaches at mid point.

Cowher has to get rid of his talent every other year and still fields good teams usually. I would love him here. He would be a perfect fit. He needs a change and I really believe he will be here next year.

hey..at least someone else agrees with me that cower would be a good fit here in miami. thanks!!!

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
hey..at least someone else agrees with me that cower would be a good fit here in miami. thanks!!!

I'm with you on Cowher as well.

Originally posted by xiidaen
I'm the first to admit this might not be accurate...

...but isn't the Monday PC normally at 3:00? Why the change this week?

The Monday PC is usually at 12:00 I believe.

The key to Cowher's success is his front office. DW making personnel is a Major part of the problem. I like Speilmand and think he can do an awesome job, IMO DW's sackless ways have eaten away at this teams core. We have needed depth at LB for three years now and not done a thing about it, we need help for the OL desperately this year and he did nothing!

Loyality is DW's weakeness he demands it even though he hasn't earned it. IMO the players don't trust him which means that they aren't going to respond to him. This team needs a ball breaker, Cowher would be a good choice, as would Coughlin.

Put another softy in place and we are doomed for another 3 years.

Originally posted by xiidaen
WFOR Channel 4 in MIami is reporting that Dave W will step down as Head Coach of the Dolphins on Monday, and that Norv Turner will be name intern Head Coach.

(from e-mail discussion group)

Muck, that is about the ONLY thing that could salvage any of this season. I'll have to see it to really believe it and if Norv becomes the interim, i hope that it is JUST interim.

Another classic rumor site: profootballtalk.com, has picked up the same story, but it's still unconfirmed.

NORV TURNER IS NOT THE ANSWER

I hate to break the truth to some of you, as much as I wish Norv was the answer, he's not.

Understand this: If Norv would become head coach either now or at the end of the season, that would be the same thing as when Dave took over. Jimmy Johnson brought in a friend, Dave Wannstedt. Dave brought in a friend, Norv Turner. 'Bringing in a friend' to be an assistant coach is a move that has backfired on many NFL coaches in the past. Do you really want to have another saga with a head coach brought in from the bottom? Hell no. Also keep in mind that Norv has already displayed all his football knowledge with this team. Norv and Wann is almost the same product. Bring in a COMPLETELY NEW FACE as head coach. He will see the voids on this team and MAKE THE NEW CHANGES that are necessary, he will motivate, he will lead, he will inspire.

Oh yeah, Cowher, there's a choice. Maybe Cordell Slash Stewart will be our QB next year. Can't wait for that....

Back
Top Bottom