Dave to resign today? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dave to resign today?

If this rumor is true, wouldn't Norv just be interim until the end of the season, and then we'd go out and get a new coach in the offseason?

Originally posted by DolphinzD

I'm with you on Cowher as well.

Then its settled.
The Crimson Chin comes to Miami, but who will be his sidekick boywonder Cleft?
:confused:

Possibly the Texas Tech coach or something. One of his good friends probably. Head coach matters the most though. Defensively whoever he picks will be his to "inspire".

The rumor is pure BS....Wanny is having his Press Conference now and it the same ole rhetoric. The guy isn't going anywhere.

He will never resign. He doesn't have the balls to do it. He's mister excuse. He just said that there isn't one guy who is the problem (talking about Griese). I disagree, there is just one guy holding the Dolphins back and he is speaking to the press right now.

He said that he will decide on the QB on Wednesday based on Fiedler's health. He said Sage has no chance of starting.

Not only has the ****sucker

not resigned, he's still tap dancing around. This guy has no fire at all. He went on to say that Sage is not an option, so basically we're screwed...Man why can't we have Herm Edwards, Bill Bellicheck, Dick Vermeil, The Tuna, Chucky or Jeff Fisher, hell even Brian Billick.

878_photo.jpg

she says "Me love you long time"

Sorry couldn't resist.:D

Re: Not only has the ****sucker

Originally posted by rhadaddy
not resigned, he's still tap dancing around. This guy has no fire at all. He went on to say that Sage is not an option, so basically we're screwed...Man why can't we have Herm Edwards, Bill Bellicheck, Dick Vermeil, The Tuna, Chucky or Jeff Fisher, hell even Brian Billick.

I laughed my *** off when I heard earlier this season that the Jets owner was thinking of firing Herm Edwards at the end of the season. He is one of the top coaches in the league and would be snatched up by another team in about 3 seconds. Maybe the Jets would like to have Wanny or Williams for a year and then we will see what they think about Herm.

Nope, looks like Dave Wannabe is going to wait for H. Wayne to fire his ***.

Re: Re: Not only has the ****sucker

Originally posted by TKO

I laughed my *** off when I heard earlier this season that the Jets owner was thinking of firing Herm Edwards at the end of the season. He is one of the top coaches in the league and would be snatched up by another team in about 3 seconds. Maybe the Jets would like to have Wanny or Williams for a year and then we will see what they think about Herm.

I love Herm as a coach. Unfortunately, he coaches the stinkin' Jets so I have to hate him by birthright. :lol:

"Hello!?!? You play to WIN the GAME!" One of the best lines by him EVER.

It hurts to say it, but there's NO way he turns this team around. He's better off cutting his losses now and saving himself further embarassment, but of course he'll be stubborn and wait for wayne to can him.

Sorry for the bad info. Who knew that not everything you read online was true? :)

Originally posted by ILOVETHEMADDOG
It hurts to say it, but there's NO way he turns this team around. He's better off cutting his losses now and saving himself further embarassment, but of course he'll be stubborn and wait for wayne to can him.

I hate to agree with you but, that was one of the most pitiful press conferences I have ever seen. He is totally lost.

Re: Re: Re: Not only has the ****sucker

Originally posted by ILOVETHEMADDOG

I love Herm as a coach. Unfortunately, he coaches the stinkin' Jets so I have to hate him by birthright. :lol:

"Hello!?!? You play to WIN the GAME!" One of the best lines by him EVER.

That's what I love about him. His no nonsense FU attitude. What coach in this league would bench John Abraham becasue he got stopped for a DUI. Only Herm Would do it. Living in NJ I get to hear alot about him and he's extremely impressive.

He told the reporters over at WFAN the sports radio station in NY/NJ, that the reason why he banched John Abraham is because being an NFL player, you get a "hall pass" (his term for slap on the wrist) more times than not. Well You arent going to be an NFL player all your life, and I some point after your NFL career is over, if you make a mistake there wont be any more hall passes to hand out, and you'll be basically screwed. You see it happen all the time.

So basically he's preparing them to be accountable now and after their NFL tenure. And not being an enabler

He went on to say that, John Abraham came into the office right after the story broke about his DUI and He asked Coach Edwards what his punishment was going to be.

This guy is the star defensive player on your team, the team is losing and you bench him. That takes balls.

Ultimately what really impressed me, is how his players respect his judgement and how Herm went on to say how he's a man of prinicple and if he lets Abraham off the hook what does that say about his character. At that point it's not about foootball, it's about your goals, and morals and character. And he's not willing to compromise that for nobody...

That's how you earn respect

When your star player knows he can get benched for F'ing up, and he's totally in complaince and in agreement with you, That's unbeleivable in the NFL or any professional sport.

Back
Top Bottom