Dave to resign today? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dave to resign today?

Originally posted by inFINSible

I hate to agree with you but, that was one of the most pitiful press conferences I have ever seen. He is totally lost.

I agree. I didn't even see it, but I knew what you were gonna hear. "Aww, we'll keep working at it..a 5-4 team can still go to the SB, blah blah blah...hey guys, check out my new rose-colored glasses" It's a joke. I live and die with this team and I'm tired of the incomeptence.

As an amateur who only played high school football, and has absolutely NO experience in game planning, etc., it's completely inexcusable that I'm mentioning the same things THAT THE PLAYERS ARE SAYING regarding protection, 1st down play selection, and overall playcalling. Second guessing is one thing, but if you're screaming at the TV that Wade Smith needs help, and he gets dogged AGAIN RIGHT AFTER THE WORDS LEAVE YOUR MOUTH. Or you're wondering why the hell Sam friggin' Madison is playing 10-15 yards off of a receiver, or it's 2nd & 17 and you're running the ball....I can go on and on...My opinion before was that the firedavewannstedt.com guy was a little over the top before, but I have now seen the light finally. Like he said.."I'm sick of you. Get the hell out of Miami"
:fire:

Last edited by a moderator:
This team has personel problems. A new HC right now would do no better than Wanny is doing. Unless Wayne H can hire a new Head Coach who comes with his own LT, I don't see there being any difference. Next year, absofreakinglutely, but mid-season, it wouldn't help.

It couldn't help this season... but it could help next season. Pulling the trigger now would allow the coach some real game time evaluation of his players. Do that and FA becomes much more productive... rather than making FA decisions without having seen his men in action, he could make informed decisions. Like inFin said... could it really hurt this season any more than Wanny?

Firing Dave Mid Season would be a

Originally posted by phinphanphrommi
It couldn't help this season... but it could help next season. Pulling the trigger now would allow the coach some real game time evaluation of his players. Do that and FA becomes much more productive... rather than making FA decisions without having seen his men in action, he could make informed decisions. Like inFin said... could it really hurt this season any more than Wanny?
A big Mistake. This isn't baseball, where you have a 180+ game season. There's not enough time to find a proper coach, especailly outside the organization, so the most logical step would be to promote Norv as Interim HC. The problem with that is if the team shows modest improvement, Norv would most likely get the interim changed to permanent HC. That would suck just as bad as Wanny. Then, it would hinder us from getting a good HC coach who might get the axe this year...

Mike Holmgren
Bill Cowher
Herm Edwards (Dreaming)

or lure a college HC like Bob Stoops to the NFL.

Why couldn't we find a coach who would come in here and let the current staff (minus wanny of course) take care of their respective teams, and just act as more of a motivator and evaluator?. At this point, maybe if the players knew someone wasn't going to cover their a$$ everytime they screw up and they were being evaluated for possible termination, it would light enough of a fire under their a$$ to get the most out of our talent.

:pray: Do SOMETHING, please!!!

Last edited:
Because no caoch

Originally posted by inFINSible
Why couldn't we find a coach who would come in here and let the current staff (minus wanny of course) take care of their respective teams, and just act as more of a motivator and evaluator?. At this point, maybe if the players knew someone wasn't going to cover their a$$ everytime they screw up and they were being evaluated for possible termination, it would light enough of a fire under their a$$ to get the most out of our talent.

:pray: Do SOMETHING, please!!!

In their right mind would want to be a lame duck coach.

Re: Because no caoch

Originally posted by rhadaddy

In their right mind would want to be a lame duck coach.

No, Wanny is the lame duck coach NOW.....the new one would be completely blameless the rest of the way, and powerfull too considering he's going to be deciding who stays and who goes through the rest of the season.

And when I said what could it hurt, if we are going to play out this season at a mediocre level, is it really going to hurt to lose a few more games? Heck, the higher draft pick alone, may be worth it.

Re: Not only has the ****sucker

not resigned, he's still tap dancing around. This guy has no fire at all. He went on to say that Sage is not an option, so basically we're screwed...Man why can't we have Herm Edwards, Bill Bellicheck, Dick Vermeil, The Tuna, Chucky or Jeff Fisher, hell even Brian Billick.

Totally inappropriate post. The name calling is immature and inexcusable.

Re: Re: Not only has the ****sucker

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

Totally inappropriate post. The name calling is immature and inexcusable.
sorry if I affended u or anyone else. It's just How I feel about the bum. Has nothing to do with his sexual orientation, just a figure of speech

Re: Re: Re: Not only has the ****sucker

sorry if I affended u or anyone else. It's just How I feel about the bum. Has nothing to do with his sexual orientation, just a figure of speech

Nothing wrong with wanting a change at HC. But this message board right now is being over-ran by FINGER POINTERS. Dave doesn't deserve getting ran out of here any more than the players do.

Anyone ever consider we actually may lower our chances of getting a quality HC in Miami by some of the actions that are taking place. The booing, the "for sale sign" in Dave's yard, the Message Board personal attacks.

Yes, we are really making this an attractive job for a great coach.

LOL, someone planted a FOR SALE sign in Dave's yard?

Classic, classic stuff.

When Dave said that the problem was more then just one man, the first thoughts that went through my head were "Yea, Dave, but by replacing one man (you), the Dolphins could at least get started in the right direction again. Also, if I were Sage, I would be more then a little pissed that Dave just easily dismissed me as a chance to play.

Back
Top Bottom