Day Two Joint Practice Dolphins-Honey Guzzlers Tweets HERE! | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Day Two Joint Practice Dolphins-Honey Guzzlers Tweets HERE!

I'm one who rags on his arm a little, but damn Chad Pennington? I hope he at least means early career Chad, before his already iffy arm lost strength.

Even I'd never say Tua has a Chad Pennington arm.

The question specifically says COMPARE HIS ARM TO not other attributes so I assume that's what Omar meant.

...and Waddle

ELIJAH MOOREWR, NEW YORK JETS
Elijah Moore

Jets coach Robert Saleh said second-round rookie WR Elijah Moore (quad) will receive an MRI following Thursday's practice.​

He fortunately walked back to the locker room (with a trainer) under his own power following a hard landing in practice Thursday. Moore has destroyed Jets camp as the universal standout to this point of the summer. Fantasy managers and the organization are collectively holding their breaths awaiting the results of his MRI.

Bateman is having groin surgery also...injury bug has been rough.

If Eich doesn’t earn the starting RT spot by week one it’s not the end of the world. Remember last year when everyone was clamoring for us to cut Hunt because he was the only rookie OL we drafted who wasn’t a starter by week 4?
For some reason they’ve been eerily silent as Holland, Waddle, Kindley and Tua are showing great promise

Last edited by a moderator:
We have to keep in mind how high of an opinion Omar has for Pennington. Having him compare Tua to Chad is like some other people comparing Tua to Steve Young. Pennington was the love of Omar's life in terms of qbs.
I also love me some Pennington.

We have to keep in mind how high of an opinion Omar has for Pennington. Having him compare Tua to Chad is like some other people comparing Tua to Steve Young. Pennington was the love of Omar's life in terms of

I loved Pennington, but I wouldn't have drafted him @5 overall, we have Tua now and I hope he does turn into Pennington, but I would have preferred Herbert if I had the choice.

I loved Pennington, but I wouldn't have drafted him @5 overall, we have Tua now and I hope he does turn into Pennington, but I would have preferred Herbert if I had the choice.
As a prospect Tua was light-years ahead of Herbert coming out of college. Yes, the hip injury was a question mark. However, the only area Herbert beat out Tua in was arm strength. He was statistically not even a top 5 QB in his class in most categories when you broke down throws by distance and routes. Guys like Hurts and Love were ahead of him on the accuracy of numerous throws. Herbert might end up being a phenomenal NFL QB, but I feel like 95% of the people here would have been furious if we drafted him 5th overall. As a guy who enjoys “scouting” QB prospects his success last season was one of the bigger surprises I have had; I 100% didn’t think it would come together for him so fast.

Yeah I guess for some when they see a QB compared to Pennington all they can think of is a weak arm, but comparing a QB to Pennington is really supposed to mean that a guy just knows how to deliver the football accurately all around the field with catchable balls. When I was thinking of an actualized Tua in this league I was pretty much imagining a guy with Pennington's acumen at delivering the football but with better physical ability.

Pennington even with a shot arm was pretty darn good. If Tua is Pennington with a better arm (and he does have a better arm than Dolphins Pennington), we can call that pick a success.

As a prospect Tua was light-years ahead of Herbert coming out of college. Yes, the hip injury was a question mark. However, the only area Herbert beat out Tua in was arm strength. He was statistically not even a top 5 QB in his class in most categories when you broke down throws by distance and routes. Guys like Hurts and Love were ahead of him on the accuracy of numerous throws. Herbert might end up being a phenomenal NFL QB, but I feel like 95% of the people here would have been furious if we drafted him 5th overall. As a guy who enjoys “scouting” QB prospects his success last season was one of the bigger surprises I have had; I 100% didn’t think it would come together for him so fast.
I don't think many would have predicted what the kid could do right out of the box.

Seems the college program he played in held him back quite a lot.

But the kid is also near the perfect prototype (athletically / physically) for a Pro QB.

That said, if Tua develops into one other top NFL QBs then who cares about Herbert.

Back
Top Bottom