Day TWO Joint Practice Phins/Dirty South Pigeons Tweets HERE! | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Day TWO Joint Practice Phins/Dirty South Pigeons Tweets HERE!

A lot of these corner of the end zone plays that I really hate because they're drive killers and game losers. We need a higher percentage pass when you have the whole end zone rather than putting the game on the line in such a tight window that the QB, WR and DB/S have to all align perfectly. I really hope this isn't what we get in the red zone when the games count but it seems like it's all they've come up with.
It seems like Tua is crazy accurate on those. I hated when we ran those with Tannehill. I like Tannehill, but with him that was a low percentage throw. I'm not sure that's the case with Tua.

This defense is getting me all hot and bothered under the collar.

Consider this: We were a statistical top 10 defense (I forget the exact number, so don't be the "well akshually" guy) last season, but IMO, still had two glaring deficiencies.
-Consistent run defense
-Playmaking at the safety position.

Not only do we return everyone who contributed to the top 10 ranking last year, we shored up those two deficiencies in a big way. As far as the run defense goes, the development of Raekwon Davis and Wilkins, the addition of a thumper like McKinney and added depth on the line with Adam Butler and Jon Jenkins are all huge. So far, we've faced two teams in scrimmage/game settings and neither are *reportedly* getting any traction on the ground vs. our two deep front 7. That is extremely encouraging.

As far as the safety position, this one is short and sweet. Holland looks like he's going to be a pro-bowler. Also seems like Eric Rowe is improving.

I honestly cannot find a glaring weakness on paper when looking at this unit right now. If Jaelen Phillips gets healthy and becomes a factor, then forget it.
I would also add some inconsistency in slot coverage. But the addition of Coleman and continuing development of Needham are really solidifying that concern for me.

From the small remarks made by some media and our own fans, are we rating Tua's pocket presence, awareness and shiftiness better than we've had for some time?

I've not seen it celebrated loudly, but I do see several comments being made about his pocket-ability.

Imo I did not see Liam starting the year.

I see him having to win that job first, and Jesse is a vet leader, it’s gonna take a little bit to make that happen, so in the mean time they crossed trained him.

Imo I did not see Liam starting the year.

I see him having to win that job first, and Jesse is a vet leader, it’s gonna take a little bit to make that happen, so in the mean time they crossed trained him.

Agree. Just like boxing - you don't 'decision' a champ. Have to beat them outright. Maybe Eich can do it, but he won't do it by being 'a little better.' Vets on the OL are important. Whether he starts this year or next, I expect good things.

What's the record for team ints in a year. I think these two guys can get it on thier own.
i have the weirdest hunch that Byron is going to get in on the act and have more interceptions than last year (in addition to stellar coverage).

Back
Top Bottom