Day TWO Joint Practice Phins/Dirty South Pigeons Tweets HERE! | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Day TWO Joint Practice Phins/Dirty South Pigeons Tweets HERE!

We don't know how Tua will turn out this season or for his career. But the talk about giving up on him and taking on all the craziness that comes with trading for Watson is still mind-blowing to me.
Some people have nothing better to do. Unfortunately until they see Watson in an Eagles uniform or a prison uniform, they will continue to clamor for something that is never going to happen. Personally I don’t even take the idea of the Dolphins having any interest in Watson seriously anymore.

Tua is the Dolphins QB now and will be for years to come, IMO.

Dead serious.
Not base on one tweet. Base on he was penciled in as starter at draft, and how he was bounced around 3rd and 2nd team all thur the camp.
Come on Dan. You can’t really be serious that you have already given up on a rookie after just a few days of practice. I have no idea what type of career Eichenberg will have but I certainly haven’t given up on him being a valuable member of the OL this year and for years to come.

I assume based on how little patience you have for football players. You must have excelled on your job from day one and expected everyone else you work with to excel on their job the day they start the job. Your expectations just don’t seem realistic to me.

Come on Dan. You can’t really be serious that you have already given up on a rookie after just a few days of practice. I have no idea what type of career Eichenberg will have but I certainly haven’t given up on him being a valuable member of the OL this year and for years to come.

I assume based on how little patience you have for football players. You must have excelled on your job from day one and expected everyone else you work with to excel on their job the day they start the job. Your expectations just don’t seem realistic to me.
I did not say give up. I said he has been a disappointment so far.

I did not say give up. I said he has been a disappointment so far.
The problem is it was the fans and the media that penciled him in to be a starter immediately. The coaching staff never stated he would be an immediate starter and there was no way they could determine if he was ready to start until training camp began.

He was the last rookie to sign his contract and he was out with an injury at the beginning of camp. He is also learning a new position which he has never played at any level. If he doesn’t earn a starting position sometime during the season, that will be disappointing to me. Him not being listed as a starter at this time is no big issue for me.

The problem is it was the fans and the media that penciled him in to be a starter immediately. The coaching staff never stated he would be an immediate starter and there was no way they could determine if he was ready to start until training camp began.

He was the last rookie to sign his contract and he was out with an injury at the beginning of camp. He is also learning a new position which he has never played at any level. If he doesn’t earn a starting position sometime during the season, that will be disappointing to me. Him not being listed as a starter at this time is no big issue for me.
I see your point and I agreed.
Side note, I don't like coaches move players away from their nature position. Its like you try to solve one problem by creating two new problems. That's how we lost Minkah, he is a nature safety, and Gase wanted him to be something else. Trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

I see your point and I agreed.
Side note, I don't like coaches move players away from their nature position. Its like you try to solve one problem by creating two new problems. That's how we lost Minkah, he is a nature safety, and Gase wanted him to be something else. Trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.
Eichenberg was a LT at ND. So that appears to be his natural position. Yet he never was projected to be the Dolphins LT because they already had Jackson there.

I played safety in high school. So I have never played on the OL and I have no idea how difficult it is to go from LT to RT or LT to guard. Obviously Eichenberg is not only having to adjust to playing in the NFL but also he is being asked to play a position on the OL that is completely new to him.

That is why I am not concerned with him at this time. Give him a chance to develop in the NFL and hopefully he will be productive player for the Dolphins. Just look at how far Deiter has come since he was drafted by the Dolphins and many fans including me were questioning if he would ever be more than a backup in the NFL.

Last edited:
Eichenberg was a LT at ND. So that appears to be his natural position. Yet he never was projected to be the Dolphins LT because they already had Jackson there.

I played safety in high school. So I have never played played on the OL and I have no idea how difficult it is to go from LT to RT or LT to guard. Obviously Eichenberg is not only having to adjust to playing in the NFL but also he is being asked to play a position on the OL that is completely new to him.

That is why I am not concerned with him at this time. Give him a chance to develop in the NFL and hopefully he will be productive player for the Dolphins. Just look at how far Deiter has come since he was drafted by the Dolphins and many fans including me were questioning if he would ever be more than a backup in the NFL.
Never play OL my life. I was told switching side is like learning a new skill. Imagine you always shooting the rifle right handed, and now you try to shoot left handed.

Never play OL my life. I was told switching side is like learning a new skill. Imagine you always shooting the rifle right handed, and now you try to shoot left handed.
Exactly and that is why I am not concerned that he isn’t listed as a starter at this time. He seems to be intelligent and a tough player. So I will be surprised if he doesn’t eventually get comfortable at whichever position they decide they want him to play. That is why I think he will be a starter sometime this season, even if he isn’t starting when the regular season begins.

That isn’t as surprising as the fact a Dolphin fan would actually wear it to a practice session. At least I assume he is a Dolphin fan. Perhaps he had nothing else to wear and he grabbed the only clean shirt he had left.
Yeah, this seems like an impulse buy when we drafted Henne, and he couldn't bring himself to buy another Dolphins Jersey after that debacle, so he wore the only Dolphins jersey he owned to the practice session. Explains his hostility 🤣

Back
Top Bottom