DC Options? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DC Options?

Lol. I will always see Saleh differently now! That is funny.

I hope Boyer can make some adjustments. It's obvious that teams have adjusted to Miami's defense. The Chargers had answers all game long, settling for the check downs etc. The ball was consistently getting out of Herbert's hand quickly.

I don't think Boyer has been as bad as some fans tend to say. The defense has been bend, but don't break. In an uneven performance against the Chargers, this defense kept the Dolphins in it.

That said, I do think the stretch run is important for Boyer.

As far as replacements, i haven't thought that far ahead. Maybe a DC, who can be successful without linebackers! Lol.
the mummy GIF

Sam Madison would be a pretty big jump from Secondary coach to DC but, if McD believes in him, who knows? Obviously, we all love the guy and the secondary play has been good considering....I liked Madison so much we named our dog after the guy.

I have #29 jerseys in white, aqua, and navy! He was my favorite player as a kid.

Nonetheless, Fangio would be a huge get and would show big ambition.

Fangio would be my first choice, but I'd be happy with Patterson.

The biggest benefactor from Fangio i think would be Holland. His system turned Dashon Goldson, Eddie Jackson, and Justin Simons into All Pros for three different teams.

Boyer's inability to use Holland properly is incompetent and borderline criminal.

The defensive call at the end of the first against the Chargers should be enough to get him fired! That was terrible!
yup, that was insane and the previous game against SF, on the td pass to mcaffrey they were playing about 8 yds off him from about the 3 yard line. i mean if i can see it (and my wife, lol) why can't he

The biggest benefactor from Fangio i think would be Holland. His system turned Dashon Goldson, Eddie Jackson, and Justin Simons into All Pros for three different teams.

Boyer's inability to use Holland properly is incompetent and borderline criminal.

Holland is being misused probably more than any single player on this team right now on either side of the ball, alongside Gesicki. I’ve been hard on Boyer and I absolutely want him gone, but I think a lot of that has to do with Brandon Jones being out.

Refresh my memory on that one. All I can remember is the Chargers consistently getting the short gains to keep the chains moving. Plus, that fantastic third down throw on the final drive where Kohou had perfect coverage.
Most of the defenders played way back towards the end zone and allowed Ekeler to catch it underneath and he almost scored. Then they scored a TD on the 4th and goal play from the 1 yard line the very next play.

Most of the defenders played way back towards the end zone and allowed Ekeler to catch it underneath and he almost scored. Then they scored a TD on the 4th and goal play from the 1 yard line the very next play.
Right. I also thought that was odd. The pursuit by the defense was slow on that play as well. Just a really bad play overall.

I really want to see Boyer change things up. Against Josh Allen, Miami needs something different. Maybe rush 3 or 4 and cover with 7 and 8 the majority of the time? I still think the Dolphins should employ a spy and keep Allen in the pocket as much as possible. That's where he's killed Miami. More so than his passing.

The Bills have absolutely destroyed the zeo coverage. I'd maybe send 5 or 6 rushers on third and long, or on obvious passing downs. Keep Buffalo constantly guessing.

The wife and I went to Maui before we got married. Absolutely beautiful and we had a great time! They treat tourists like family. We can’t wait to take our son there one day, especially once he’s out of the theme park phase.

Have a wonderful time, and Happy Holidays! Go Dolphins.

Holland is being misused probably more than any single player on this team right now on either side of the ball, alongside Gesicki. I’ve been hard on Boyer and I absolutely want him gone, but I think a lot of that has to do with Brandon Jones being out.

I think Boyer has his system and that's that. He makes no delineation for who is on the field and their strengths.
For example, I've lost count of how many times i've seen the $100 million pass rusher we just signed drop back into coverage over the last few games.
I'm also not sure how many more times i have to see Erick Rowe miss on a blitz before Boyer decides he's not Brandon Jones and adjusts the scheme.

Boyer actually has changed between his scheme and the Fangio cover 6 multiple times this season. The defense has not lived up to expectations and we deserve an upgrade, however, the D has closed out several wins for us in 2nd halves this year and could have won us the Chargers game had the offense been able to perform.

Back
Top Bottom