DC Options? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DC Options?

Boyer actually has changed between his scheme and the Fangio cover 6 multiple times this season. The defense has not lived up to expectations and we deserve an upgrade, however, the D has closed out several wins for us in 2nd halves this year and could have won us the Chargers game had the offense been able to perform.

This last game they weren't the issue besides Boyer's boneheaded call before the half.
They wouldn't need to close out games if they did their job the whole game.
The reason i think we're doomed come playoff time is because he isn't going to be afforded a Kyle Allen or Kenny Pickett to bully around.
Besides the Lamar Jackson game last year (and there's a ton of dispute who is responsible for that defensive performance), he hasn't been able to effectively stop a talented QB in his three years.

Boyer actually has changed between his scheme and the Fangio cover 6 multiple times this season. The defense has not lived up to expectations and we deserve an upgrade, however, the D has closed out several wins for us in 2nd halves this year and could have won us the Chargers game had the offense been able to perform.
Yeah, when we started getting killed early on we were playing the heavy blitzing 5-2 then we switched to the cover 6 and after the Chubb signing we went back to the heavy blitzing 5-2. Those who say he doesn't adjust personnel haven't noticed the switches from Roberts to Riley and back.

It's early but we are definitely dialing in on the fact that Boyer isn't the guy. Hope he flips that script. If he doesn't, who are the best options to replace him with that have ties to McD? The guy from The Mummy movies that runs the Jets is good but I don't think he's going to get fired. He's done as well as he can given the whacky QB carousel up there.
Why would the Jets DC be on the cutting block? From what I've read, their defense has been playing lights out this season.

I think it will be fangio or someone that runs more of the quarters, zone match concepts. I think we’ll see less of an emphasis on elite corners going forwards. More about the pass rush with the front 4.

Is Patterson the 9ers LB coach? The name rings a bell and I remember wishing for the 9ers LB coach after checking their coaching roster a few weeks ago but I can't be bothered to look his name up now.

He was the TCU HC from 2000-2021 - currently at Texas. But, when mentioning defensive innovation over the last 20 years, he's right near, if not at, the top.

The wife and I went to Maui before we got married. Absolutely beautiful and we had a great time! They treat tourists like family. We can’t wait to take our son there one day, especially once he’s out of the theme park phase.

Have a wonderful time, and Happy Holidays! Go Dolphins.
… what is this in response to?

I also wouldn't mind seeing the same scheme Pete Carroll used w/ the Legion of Boom

Idk how viable that approach is in 2022, and I love Holland, and he has excellent range, but he's not a 0.01%'er like Earl Thomas. Thomas and Ed Reed have the most range of any Safeties I've ever seen.

Generally speaking, good offenses eat Cover 3 alive.

I understand. I just didn't understand why he was being thought of as having the possibility of being fired. To my knowledge, there had been no rumors to that effect at all.
They discussed his close friendship wth McD during the Jets game. his d has been pretty good. As such, I thought it was good to reference him with the caveat being that he probably would be safe job wise.

Back
Top Bottom