Defending Our Offense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defending Our Offense

2 high like TB and other teams have played KC /w Hill and Kelce.

Our season is going to come down to if we can run the ball.
More like 2 intermediate

Take away shorter passes and the middle of the field
It depends on whether our Oline can give Tua time for routes to develop.

If he has time, 2 high will leave a lot of soft spots underneath. 2 intermediate, and Hill/Waddle will get behind them.

I do agree an effective run game will open things up. If we can run the ball at all, play action and a small amount of RPO will freeze the LBs for an instant and be devastating to opposing defenses.

Key is line play if we have designs on a postseason run.

And leave the opportunity for T.Hill or Waddle to blow past your top? No!
No. The corners play off and make sure they aren't beaten deep. Force Tua to throw the passes to the sidelines, if our receivers pull up. The safety probably cheats that way once the receiver stops.

If you can stop the run you force the flex to beat ya situationally or Cedric Wilson

Pretty simple really status quo in terms of what you should do based on our personnel

I assume stopping the run with 7 men is necessary. If you have to put 8 up in the box, the passing game will kill you?

No. The corners play off and make sure they aren't beaten deep. Force Tua to throw the passes to the sidelines, if our receivers pull up. The safety probably cheats that way once the receiver stops.

Forcing Tua to throw to the sidelines is a bad idea. He can get the ball there when his man is open with no problem.

What you want to do is take away the sidelines and force Tua to throw to the intermediate middle of the field where he has struggled and his arm strength becomes a bigger issue if it doesn't improve.

If you force Tua to throw with accuracy, precision and solid velocity to the intermediate level over the LB and in front of the safeties you are setting yourself up for your best chance at success as a defense.

You never start with "How do I take the WR away"

You start with "what throws does the QB struggle with and how do i force him to throw to those spots"

The entire rpo offense is over the lb level and in front of the safeties

Tuas bread and butter. You need to stop the run portion of the rpo then you can sit on the pass options routes built into it

Here’s hoping we see less rpo and more actual pocket read this year but I have my doubts. Sarks o had pro concepts but it also had a ton of rpo and predetermined primarys in the pass game

What offense?
Flo is a moron
DVP is our only receiver of any worth.
We have no running backs.
Our O line is more like 5 revolving doors.
We’ll be lucky to win one game in the first half of the season.

Bugger
Sorry
I’m in a time space continuum vortex, welcome to 2021

Back
Top Bottom