Defending Our Offense | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defending Our Offense

No! After Mostert, I don’t trust the other backs to carry the load and be effective while equally threatening. Mostert as we all know has a long injury history and is more likely than not to finish on IR. M

We need another piece back there. The effectiveness of the run is crucial to the offense succeeding this season.
Agree. I view Mostert the same way as Parker in that I hope for eight or more starts.

I would like to see Miami add another back on the draft.

Dolphins are a fringe playoff team if everyone stays healthy, which is a big if with Armstead and a bit with Tua.

Armstead has averaged missing 1/3rd of games over his 9 year career, which means we’ll be starting Jackson and Eichberg at tackles for 5-6 games. Eww.

Dolphins are a fringe playoff team if everyone stays healthy, which is a big if with Armstead and a bit with Tua.

Armstead has averaged missing 1/3rd of games over his 9 year career, which means we’ll be starting Jackson and Eichberg at tackles for 5-6 games. Eww.
Or Robert Jones, who played fine vs the Patriots in our last game. We'll be fine now that we have a real scheme and some great OL Coaching between Smith and Apples.

If your oline is poor enough where I can consistently rush 4 and drop 7 (🚨 bracket waddle and hill for example which teams are absolutely gonna try to do) situationally and still get to the qb in a nanosecond cause your tackle play your screwed.

We fixed left tackle assuming armstead can shift the trend of games missed every year (🙏) right tackle is still very much an unknown.

Want no parts of eich as a plan a tackle anymore I know that much. 🤮
I agree. Miami did NOTHING to improve the right side of the line, so you know where the defense is going to attack. This means that Miami will be forced to keep a RB, WR, or TE Smythe in to block (because we know that Gesicki can't block), so there will be one or two less skill position players to get the ball. I think that McDaniel is going to regret not getting a competent RT.

IMO, Miami needed 4 new guys on the o-line, keeping only Hunt at RG. I could maybe see also keeping Deiter at Center, but they absolutely needed a LT, LG, and RT. Relying on Jackson or Eichenberg to be a competent starter is going to be a mistake.

IMO, Miami needed 4 new guys on the o-line, keeping only Hunt at RG. I could maybe see also keeping Deiter at Center, but they absolutely needed a LT, LG, and RT. Relying on Jackson or Eichenberg to be a competent starter is going to be a mistake.
Your thinking of giving up on Eich after the way he was used last season may prove to be short sighted.
We moved Eich to every position except Center last year, which also featured a failed scheme and poor OL coaching adjustments.

He was a high draft pick and we should invest more than one season like that into him IMO. Our new scheme and coaching will help him improve, and he did have some solid games as a Rookie.
1651087779869.png

Last edited:
I agree. Miami did NOTHING to improve the right side of the line, so you know where the defense is going to attack. This means that Miami will be forced to keep a RB, WR, or TE Smythe in to block (because we know that Gesicki can't block), so there will be one or two less skill position players to get the ball. I think that McDaniel is going to regret not getting a competent RT.

Yeah if we had landed laell Collins I’d say we aced the offseason.

But we didn’t. And I have 0.0 tackle faith in Eichs stiff self there

Teams are going to drop back 5 or 6 DBs and make us beat them on the ground before they ever give us a chance to get the ball to Hill or Waddle in space. Even with Mostert and Edmonds and a run-centric staff, nobody is going to jeopardize bracket coverage on our receiving threats until our ground game makes them.

Assuming our ground game can force an 8th man into the box, and at least a few linebackers onto the field, the next thing we’ll need to prove is that we can beat teams over the top. Defenses will likely try to take away the run and any short distance timing routes, and force us to sit in the pocket and throw deep.

If we can run the ball and we can beat teams deep, I don’t see how you really stop our offense. Probably a Top 6 or 7 unit if we can do those two things.

No BS - I think we average 27 a game this year.

Stop Waddle, Hill, and Mike G….Raheem and Chase should get 4 or 5 yards a pop.

I've said this before, the home game against the Bills - stadium is going to be rocking.

If you can stop the run you force the flex to beat ya situationally or Cedric Wilson

Pretty simple really status quo in terms of what you should do based on our personnel

I think some underestimate the value of Wilson. He'll often get the #3CB and seldom be doubled

Teams will use a lot of fake looks to confuse the Tua and the OL, stack the box then dropping back, overloading on LB and Safeties, fake, full or delayed blitz. We need a speedy back with good vision that can break the first whiff because the OL is suited to open holes for short periods of time and MCd preaches about WR's blocking. However, I haven't been confident in a back we've acquired since RW and Jay Ajai.

Back
Top Bottom