Defending Our Offense | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defending Our Offense

More like 2 intermediate

Take away shorter passes and the middle of the field
This is the correct answer. I heard Tim Grunhard the other day discussing Tua and he quoted an O-linemen (didn't name him) talking about blocking for Tua. Basically that Tua's weakness in this person's opinion is that he waits for his target to get open before throwing rather than anticipating the receiver getting open. Take this fwiw but he even said that many times Tua would come back to the huddle after a sack and say (paraphrasing) 'that was on me, I held the ball too long'.
I wouldn't say that is the easiest skill to improve on but it's certainly not impossible and if they truly recognize it is an issue that can only be a good thing.

This is the correct answer. I heard Tim Grunhard the other day discussing Tua and he quoted an O-linemen (didn't name him) talking about blocking for Tua. Basically that Tua's weakness in this person's opinion is that he waits for his target to get open before throwing rather than anticipating the receiver getting open. Take this fwiw but he even said that many times Tua would come back to the huddle after a sack and say (paraphrasing) 'that was on me, I held the ball too long'.
I wouldn't say that is the easiest skill to improve on but it's certainly not impossible and if they truly recognize it is an issue that can only be a good thing.
To be fair, waiting for last years receivers to separate was an exercise in futility

I'd say watching film and seeing how quickly Tua had immediate pressure coming in from a variety of OL spots that the player quoted perspective is garbage.
Leaders like Tua frequently put the blame on their shoulders with comments like "that's on me"... I'm sure there were times he did get sacked after holding on to the ball too long, but that wasn't common on his sacks. Immediate pressure from LG and both OT's was the reason he got sacked most the time.

Take away the short passes and prey Tua actually indeed does have a noodle arm.... if he can hit Waddle and Tyreek deep, then there is no stopping it. You need to simply outscore them.

Back
Top Bottom