Defending Our Offense | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defending Our Offense

honestly if im an early season opponent who hasnt seen what we have on tape....

Hill gets the help. i love waddle, he hasnt shown that hes learned the proper angles to take yet for the catch and run.

im showing alot of movement in the box like the fins do. i want to force tua to read and make adjustments aftwr the snap.

if i have athletic ends, they will be dropping back into pass coverage some.

i will have a safety playing closer up on tight coverage with Gesicki and to help with run support.

not getting cute on armsteads side, just want my DE there to try to man up with him and hold that zone down. sending my DT hard between connor and dieter every play. Ima give you the 3 gap all day, but ima draw some holds.

DT on weak side just clog your zone, nothing else necessary, weakside DE, pin your ears back every play, ill give them the 5 gap every play

MLB look for fb, kill fb every play

nope... dime cover 2 cloud. i ran that play and only that play for like 15 years in a row on Madden. it stops everything🤣
All those little guys on the field, sheeeeeeeeeeet

honestly if im an early season opponent who hasnt seen what we have on tape....

Hill gets the help. i love waddle, he hasnt shown that hes learned the proper angles to take yet for the catch and run.

im showing alot of movement in the box like the fins do. i want to force tua to read and make adjustments aftwr the snap.

if i have athletic ends, they will be dropping back into pass coverage some.

i will have a safety playing closer up on tight coverage with Gesicki and to help with run support.

not getting cute on armsteads side, just want my DE there to try to man up with him and hold that zone down. sending my DT hard between connor and dieter every play. Ima give you the 3 gap all day, but ima draw some holds.

DT on weak side just clog your zone, nothing else necessary, weakside DE, pin your ears back every play, ill give them the 5 gap every play

MLB look for fb, kill fb every play
Damn I’m scared now for real lol

Could it be because teams focused on taking away the middle, so he has to throw to the sidelines?
Bingo! That’s why we pivoted the RPO to have more curl, flat, wheel combos out of motion. Tua could play pitch and catch with those intermediate slant RPOs all day long. They took intermediate middle away.

Your thinking of giving up on Eich after the way he was used last season may prove to be short sighted.
I don't follow college football, but I did read that Eichenberg was a highly rated LT at Notre Dame. Apparently he didn't have to face anyone decent, because when Miami put him at LT he really sucked! I know it's college vs the NFL, but it makes no sense to me that he was supposedly good at LT in college, but with Miami he let everyone and their mother get past him!

I don't follow college football, but I did read that Eichenberg was a highly rated LT at Notre Dame. Apparently he didn't have to face anyone decent, because when Miami put him at LT he really sucked! I know it's college vs the NFL, but it makes no sense to me that he was supposedly good at LT in college, but with Miami he let everyone and their mother get past him!
There are a lot of tackles that play very well at LT in college, but they can't really hack it in the NFL at the position. A lot of them have to switch to RT or move inside as a G, usually LG.

All those little guys on the field, sheeeeeeeeeeet

The first one dime cover 2 cloud was a joke, with Madden . even in competitive online play, i ran that play every time. its pick city and even opponents that like to run get greedy at times.

I know you arent the OP, but how you would defend the Dolphins is strictly a team by team basis idea.

Im running a 4-2-5 nickel against what i presume the Dolphins base offense is going to be.

I thoughts that crossed my mind were just what we could do with our defense against them, Ill use players instead of positions (and i know you didnt ask for a huge explanation) but just so anyone else could see how drawn out my thoughts were (even though i was laying in bed, past bed time typing that, dealing with wife, step son, and father in law drama...step son cant differentiate between boss and grandpa while they are a work)

Byron Jones is on Hill...he has the more elite athletic attributes and doesnt gamble or try to bait as much, Brandon Jones is shaded towards TH to help.

X is on Waddle (honestly our wr's are the kind that kill X, he owns possession type, speed not as much). Waddle is explosive, BUT what is scary..he's still learning the game. Tua's timing wasnt always crisp on short to intermediate with Waddle, sometimes he felt behind because of how fast Waddle was. X might be able to take advantage of these mistakes.

If Mike Gesicki slides into slot I'm putting Rowe into somewhat tight coverage with him. Mike is Mike, he's going to get ya a circus catch or two, but every catch will be contested.

If they have a TE with hand in dirt, i want Rowe to slide back into a zone coverage and move Holland in the box for run support or to somewhat shadow TE. Plus this makes him an option to blitz for when i want to drop Jalean Phillips back into coverage (Im a firm believer that dropping DE's is stupid against vet QB's, but as much as i love TT he's still a needs to prove it QB, that I'm trying to cross up)

I just want Ogbah to keep Armstead busy, not let him get to second level on blocks.
(doing roll reversal with Wilkens and Davis)
Wilkins just needs to try to speed/power between Deiter and Williams and draw the double and hopefully some holds
I want Davis over the RG shaded towards RT some, Davis can clog this zone, plus if you add his massive frame, then its going to hinder Tuas view a little bit on the quick hitter to the right and could potentially block whos coming off the edge or potential stunt.
(I know normally you'd have RD inside, but i want him in the 3 spot instead of 1, just to hinder Tuas view a little
Jaelan Phillips i just want to have his ears peeled back almost every play line up outside of inline TE, or wide if RT not covered (except on the occasion when im going to send Holland instead)

E Robs assignment is to see FB, kill FB. See pulling guard, kill pulling guard or this might be a good team to get some strong minutes out of Eguavan

Bakers job is to shadow HB and clean up anything. Not really blitzing since Tua is good against it. I know Jesse Davis is gone, but my pressure is going to come almost strictly from the RT side. Baker staying at home and focusing on HB also helps him clog up those interior passing lanes

But every team doesnt have 2 top notch corners, (x-bj), a safety that can man up on tes (rowe), a safety with future elite projections (jh), an end that can man up to armstead (EO), a massive 6'7" DT who size can hinder passing lanes (RD), a young stud DE with wheels that can get after the QB (JP)

Wrong. That won’t work against our speed. We have WRs who can go long now
As long as the line can give them time.

Beyond the speed aspect, when DBs play shallow, they inevitably are forced to turn their backs to the QB. That's when a late crosser, back in the flat, etc can turn into 20 yard gains.

Yes brother, they will pay one way or another if they try to play Corners closer to the LOS.

Like I said, all dependent upon the line doing it's job.

The first one dime cover 2 cloud was a joke, with Madden . even in competitive online play, i ran that play every time. its pick city and even opponents that like to run get greedy at times.

I know you arent the OP, but how you would defend the Dolphins is strictly a team by team basis idea.

Im running a 4-2-5 nickel against what i presume the Dolphins base offense is going to be.

I thoughts that crossed my mind were just what we could do with our defense against them, Ill use players instead of positions (and i know you didnt ask for a huge explanation) but just so anyone else could see how drawn out my thoughts were (even though i was laying in bed, past bed time typing that, dealing with wife, step son, and father in law drama...step son cant differentiate between boss and grandpa while they are a work)

Byron Jones is on Hill...he has the more elite athletic attributes and doesnt gamble or try to bait as much, Brandon Jones is shaded towards TH to help.

X is on Waddle (honestly our wr's are the kind that kill X, he owns possession type, speed not as much). Waddle is explosive, BUT what is scary..he's still learning the game. Tua's timing wasnt always crisp on short to intermediate with Waddle, sometimes he felt behind because of how fast Waddle was. X might be able to take advantage of these mistakes.

If Mike Gesicki slides into slot I'm putting Rowe into somewhat tight coverage with him. Mike is Mike, he's going to get ya a circus catch or two, but every catch will be contested.

If they have a TE with hand in dirt, i want Rowe to slide back into a zone coverage and move Holland in the box for run support or to somewhat shadow TE. Plus this makes him an option to blitz for when i want to drop Jalean Phillips back into coverage (Im a firm believer that dropping DE's is stupid against vet QB's, but as much as i love TT he's still a needs to prove it QB, that I'm trying to cross up)

I just want Ogbah to keep Armstead busy, not let him get to second level on blocks.
(doing roll reversal with Wilkens and Davis)
Wilkins just needs to try to speed/power between Deiter and Williams and draw the double and hopefully some holds
I want Davis over the RG shaded towards RT some, Davis can clog this zone, plus if you add his massive frame, then its going to hinder Tuas view a little bit on the quick hitter to the right and could potentially block whos coming off the edge or potential stunt.
(I know normally you'd have RD inside, but i want him in the 3 spot instead of 1, just to hinder Tuas view a little
Jaelan Phillips i just want to have his ears peeled back almost every play line up outside of inline TE, or wide if RT not covered (except on the occasion when im going to send Holland instead)

E Robs assignment is to see FB, kill FB. See pulling guard, kill pulling guard or this might be a good team to get some strong minutes out of Eguavan

Bakers job is to shadow HB and clean up anything. Not really blitzing since Tua is good against it. I know Jesse Davis is gone, but my pressure is going to come almost strictly from the RT side. Baker staying at home and focusing on HB also helps him clog up those interior passing lanes

But every team doesnt have 2 top notch corners, (x-bj), a safety that can man up on tes (rowe), a safety with future elite projections (jh), an end that can man up to armstead (EO), a massive 6'7" DT who size can hinder passing lanes (RD), a young stud DE with wheels that can get after the QB (JP)
Good analysis. What are you doing with 3rd WR/Wilson?

Back
Top Bottom