Defending Our Offense | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defending Our Offense

Lately the 'book' on the Phins O is cover early and meet at QB. That philosophy also includes if you hit the QB a few times he'll give you one. OL play will be the key here. The quicker the OL/run game comes together the better our year will be, Hoops gets it.

The entire rpo offense is over the lb level and in front of the safeties

Tuas bread and butter. You need to stop the run portion of the rpo then you can sit on the pass options routes built into it

Here’s hoping we see less rpo and more actual pocket read this year but I have my doubts. Sarks o had pro concepts but it also had a ton of rpo and predetermined primarys in the pass game

Why did he have his lowest rating to that portion of the field then if it's his bread and butter. Does he have dairy and gluten intolerance?

Why did he have his lowest rating to that portion of the field then if it's his bread and butter. Does he have dairy and gluten intolerance?

Save the jokes for the jokers I ain’t one of em.

If I had to guess I’d say it was non rpo based intermediate ask.

If in 2022 we can’t drill intermediate over routes from true pocket read setting asks we need a new qb.

If your oline is poor enough where I can consistently rush 4 and drop 7 (🚨 bracket waddle and hill for example which teams are absolutely gonna try to do) situationally and still get to the qb in a nanosecond cause your tackle play your screwed.

We fixed left tackle assuming armstead can shift the trend of games missed every year (🙏) right tackle is still very much an unknown.

Want no parts of eich as a plan a tackle anymore I know that much. 🤮

If I had to guess I’d say we get some combo of sarks o (which means some pro concepts), rpo (cause it’s tuas bread and butter and he’s comfortable with it almost to a crutch level imo), some pa based intermediate pass game (similar to the 9ers with shanahan)

None of this though really reads like setting up to let the qb drive or let the process abilities of the qb shine.

So don’t be surprised if the books still open on the qb after the 2022 season.

Do you see Miami as set at running back?

No! After Mostert, I don’t trust the other backs to carry the load and be effective while equally threatening. Mostert as we all know has a long injury history and is more likely than not to finish on IR. M

We need another piece back there. The effectiveness of the run is crucial to the offense succeeding this season.

2 high like TB and other teams have played KC /w Hill and Kelce.

Our season is going to come down to if we can run the ball.
I agree 100%.
If we can't run the ball vs 2 High our offense will be a disaster. The entire scheme is based on running vs 2 high and using play action pass to complement the running game. Teams should want to play 8 in the box with 1 High in order to stop or slow down our running game.
Having Waddle and Hill (and Gesicki) should put fear into teams that want to play 8 in the box.

All that said - we should still be able to pass against 2 High and still Run against 1 High, even though those defenses should be the best thing to run against both.

Back
Top Bottom