Defense Will Shock You This Year... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defense Will Shock You This Year...

We also signed a RB as a UDFA that might be fun to watch.

Patrick Laird. Look him up; his bio is awesome. Walked on at Cal, earned a scholarship and then became a captain and two year starter... caught 51 passes.

I bet he'll be a special teams demon and might be hard to cut.

There is no question that our pass rush looks like it will be anemic, and that is gonna suck, but Wilkins looked like a major building block... Timbo style.
I've always believed in building from the inside out... and our DTs... were very bad.
Wilkins looks like a 3 down building block and we needed that.

How many teams get pressure rushing 4 guys? Not that many. Up to this new staff to find ways to pressure the QB. I think Harris is the worst pick they've made in many years. Said it when they drafted him. What you see/saw is what we'll get if he starts. Same with Davis and Young on the OL. They're 3 of the worst players in the league at their positions.

I have the same feeling about the defense. I think this D had more talent than it's given credit for.

Yes DE is thin but other than that position the D has playmakers.

I'm kind of with you on Harris. I'm thinking he'll never be better than a rotational player.
Young is a 3rd tackle.
Davis? I'd say there might be a future for him, but at Guard. There are Guards all over the league that persevered and got better... many of them that started out at RT.

I'd like to think they'll be better but I think 2020 is a more realistic option. We need at least one more edge guy and we need a corner too. I can't wait to see what they do with Van Giskel and I believe Wilkins will help a lot too.

How many teams get pressure rushing 4 guys? Not that many. Up to this new staff to find ways to pressure the QB. I think Harris is the worst pick they've made in many years. Said it when they drafted him. What you see/saw is what we'll get if he starts. Same with Davis and Young on the OL. They're 3 of the worst players in the league at their positions.
There's no Young on our team. Is there?

What the hell it's the off season.

In addition to having a shocking defense, we are going to have the #1 offense this year and Rosen will break Manning's TD pass record throwing for 60.

I have the same feeling about the defense. I think this D had more talent than it's given credit for.

Yes DE is thin but other than that position the D has playmakers.

This defense actually schemes pressure too, not just "rush four and maybe we'll get there sometimes!"

Believe Sam Young is on the street still. Doesn’t mean Miami won’t call him in preseason or camp should things be going ugly at tackle

I honestly think our LB core is the weakest part of the team. Baker is the best and he weighs 215 lbs. If he was 235, he'd be a beast. McMillan and Alonzo are both mediocre and can't cover or find the ball carrier very well. McMillan is young and might get better.

I see Hanks and Watson having a real shot to make the team and vie for minutes at LB. Ledbetter has a shot to play at DE and Needham looks like a better than average CB. All 4 have a chance to stick and maybe play.

Believe Sam Young is on the street still. Doesn’t mean Miami won’t call him in preseason or camp should things be going ugly at tackle
Yeah, I was pretty sure he was no longer on the roster.

Ledbetter ran 5.15 at what 265? That explains the udfa thing

That time is hideous

I would think hanks and Watson have golden opportunities. But depth has to make a mark on specials

Ledbetter ran 5.15 at what 265? That explains the udfa thing

That time is hideous

I would think hanks and Watson have golden opportunities. But depth has to make a mark on specials

Ledbetter weighed 280 when he ran the 40. He's not known for flat out 40 speed but he does have short area quickness and
strength.

Back
Top Bottom