denver papers - clarett better than brown/williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

denver papers - clarett better than brown/williams

I think the key words are "value pick." They didn't give a 1st or 2nd round pick on him and will pay him far less than Brown or Williams will be paid. So if he hits the field for any significant playing time, even with less yards than Brown or Williams, you could make the argument that his relative value (what you get vs. what you gave up) was better.

But he's gotta make it out of camp and onto the field first. Not a given.

cHaNgE said:
i live in donkey country and i just thought it was funny that they would have such an article, couldnt find it on tha net, but its on paper at home, and basically it says clarett was a better value pick than brown or williams and they he will not only have more yards, but will start more games and play longer than either player

clear.gif

Clarett may gain more yds because of Shanahan's chop block heaven scheme in Denver, but I don't know if he'll be the starter from day one which i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Ronnie Brown probably will be, so Brown probably is gonna get more carries. Tatum Bell/Quentin Griffin probably will get getting alot of carries also, so I think Brown will outgain Clarett. I think Maurice is more of a developmental prospect but will be a very good back in a year or two, but probably will show alot of rust from not playing football in 2 years during his rookie season.

Muck said:
You don't think using a 3rd rounder on Clarett was a reach??

Denver has already proven that they can take practice squad players and turn them into 1,000-yard rushers. Why reach for a guy like Clarett?? Especially when you spent a #2 on Tatum Bell the year before, along with Mike Anderson and Quentin Griffin already on the roster.

Denver used a comp. pick on a high-reward Running-Back, especially in a place like Denver.

Man, I guess we should have had the Denver Media running our front office (and Tampa's) during the draft. They seem to know SOOO much more than ours.

IN-COM-PLETE!! Denver stinks out loud. :)

hdjetta6316 said:
That thin air is getting to them, or they were in another ski accident; most likely a head injury.
I love our R.Brown pick more than anyone,but it wudn't surprise if Clarett lead the pack in rookie RBs. Clarett was a superstar player coming out of hs when he entered college.check out his profile.He's a combo btwn B.Sanders and E.Smith.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/clarett_maurice

Clarrett has INCREDEIBLE skill! You guys doubting Clarrett's ability are nuts! He has as much, if not MORE ability than Brown or Williams. His whole problem is his mind. If he can get that straight, he'll be awesome!

The media here in Colorado for the Broncos is a joke. Every year they say the same thing. "Broncos will win it all" but when they get there a$$ handed to them in the first round of playoffs they have all the excuses in the world for them.:fire: If the wins only win won game this year let be against the Denver Jacka$$es.

calmrage said:
Clarrett has INCREDEIBLE skill! You guys doubting Clarrett's ability are nuts! He has as much, if not MORE ability than Brown or Williams. His whole problem is his mind. If he can get that straight, he'll be awesome!

And that his only season he got hurt, and I can beat him in a 40 yd dash.

they are going to be cracking down on the blocking techniques that denver teaches, it will be interesting to find out how their line performs with the defensive players they play against not worrying about being crippled

I'm telling you right now if Clarret starts, he will have more yards then Brown or Williams.

Raekwon The Che said:
I'm telling you right now if Clarret starts, he will have more yards then Brown or Williams.

DOUBLE WOW! :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom