Derek Jeter is the most overrated player according to his peers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Derek Jeter is the most overrated player according to his peers

Finfan86 said:
i wish mlb has a website like 82.com for nba to show stats for clutchness

dude you shouldnt have to look up stats! if youve watched the playoffs the past 10 years you would know!

Finfan86 said:
i wish mlb has a website like 82.com for nba to show stats for clutchness

You can't keep track of clutchness. It's in the eye of the beholder.

Let alone in a game like baseball where it isn't as cut and dry as "making 1 basket". A player in basketball might get 2,3, or 4 chances to be "CLUTCH" at the end of EVERY game in the final minute!!!!!!!!!!!!! In baseball, Player "x" team is up by a 1 run start of the 7th. Makes final out of the 7th. Then his team blows the lead in the bottom of the 7th, and he never gets a chance to hit again. Was he "un-clutch" in that game his team lost? NO. Not to mention you can be clutch on defense too with big plays to save runs!!! That is also something that can't be judged in stats.

I have never seen as many people obsessed with the word CLUTCH and the whole CLUTCH thing. Seriously, it's almost impossible to judge. In the A-Rod/Ortiz thing it is cut and dry in favor of Ortiz. But in almost every other circumstance its all in the eye of the beholder. And MOST people with a brain are always going to want the best player in any heads up comparison. Thats like saying, I am starting an NFL expansion team tomorrow who do ya want Manning or Brady. Anyone who says Brady is lying or a fool.

Nappy Roots said:
dude you shouldnt have to look up stats! if youve watched the playoffs the past 10 years you would know!

Ummm how about i did and i wasnt just talking about this specific reason.
But i would liek to see his numbers

MikeO said:
You can't keep track of clutchness. It's in the eye of the beholder.

Let alone in a game like baseball where it isn't as cut and dry as "making 1 basket". A player in basketball might get 2,3, or 4 chances to be "CLUTCH" at the end of EVERY game in the final minute!!!!!!!!!!!!! In baseball, Player "x" team is up by a 1 run start of the 7th. Makes final out of the 7th. Then his team blows the lead in the bottom of the 7th, and he never gets a chance to hit again. Was he "un-clutch" in that game his team lost? NO. Not to mention you can be clutch on defense too with big plays to save runs!!! That is also something that can't be judged in stats.

I have never seen as many people obsessed with the word CLUTCH and the whole CLUTCH thing. Seriously, it's almost impossible to judge. In the A-Rod/Ortiz thing it is cut and dry in favor of Ortiz. But in almost every other circumstance its all in the eye of the beholder. And MOST people with a brain are always going to want the best player in any heads up comparison. Thats like saying, I am starting an NFL expansion team tomorrow who do ya want Manning or Brady. Anyone who says Brady is lying or a fool.

well for me clutch is up in the 9th inning

i woudl like to see Jeters stats for when he is up in the 9th inning either tied or down 1-2 runs.

only reason i am sayin clutch is because people keeping sayin jeter is so clutch and in the playoffs he soooooo clutch

Finfan86 said:

i woudl like to see Jeters stats for when he is up in the 9th inning either tied or down 1-2 runs.

you have no concept of baseball then. sorry.

go live in your world that revolves around stats like this.

Nappy Roots said:
you have no concept of baseball then. sorry.

go live in your world that revolves around stats like this.

[admin] We do not allow personal attacks here [/admin]

Finfan86 said:
only reason i am sayin clutch is because people keeping sayin jeter is so clutch and in the playoffs he soooooo clutch

becasue he is!!! Watch the games.

2000 WORLD SERIES MVP

The option/flip play in Oakland to get the runner out at home and win Game 5! (DON'T FORGET DEFENSE COUNTS TOO!)

He has a postseason avg and a world series batting avg of over .300!!

He was the ONLY yankee to show up last year vs LAA in the playoffs hitting 2 home runs in 5 games and having a .333 avg.

In the 2002 ALDS he hit .500!!!!!

Saying Jeter isn't clutch is as stupid a debate as the one we had last year where some Red Sox fans wanted ORTIZ TO BUNT when they put a shift on him! I thought that debate was the most laughable one ever had on this board. This one isn't far behind and about to pass that one!

MikeO said:
becasue he is!!! Watch the games.

2000 WORLD SERIES MVP

The option/flip play in Oakland to get the runner out at home and win Game 5! (DON'T FORGET DEFENSE COUNTS TOO!)

He has a postseason avg and a world series batting avg of over .300!!

He was the ONLY yankee to show up last year vs LAA in the playoffs hitting 2 home runs in 5 games and having a .333 avg.

In the 2002 ALDS he hit .500!!!!!

Saying Jeter isn't clutch is as stupid a debate as the one we had last year where some Red Sox fans wanted ORTIZ TO BUNT when they put a shift on him! I thought that debate was the most laughable one ever had on this board. This one isn't far behind and about to pass that one!

blah blah blah i thought stats dont count??

Finfan86 said:

So the other 8 innings of every postseason game mean nothing, it only comes down to 1 at bat whne your team is losing!:shakeno: Not to mention.....DEFENSE COUNTS! You can't just ignore every big defensive play he has made to save runs and win games that way.

It's people who think like you who become GM's of teams like the Lions, Texans, Hawks, and Raptors. Teams with insane logic that never win anything because of this pin-hole, insane, close-minded opinions.

Nappy Roots said:
GREAT ANSWER!

WELL! Youve Convinced ME!

Wow, i dont know how i could be so blind!

ya ***** keep contradicting yourself, one post says stats dont make someone clutch, then say jeter is clutch because of his stats. so which one is it?

Finfan86 said:
blah blah blah i thought stats dont count??

:shakeno: :shakeno: They count, but not everything comes up on the stats sheet. Like defensive plays. Advancing base-runners. Sac flys. :shakeno:

Seriously bro, stop while your ahead. You about to come off looking like a you know what if you continue with this debate. You may not like Jeter, but to knock him as not being clutch is just as bad a stance to take with his resume.

Finfan86 said:
and its people like you who throw all their money at stars liek Arod that cant produce when it dont matter

wait, are we talkin Arod or Jeter here?

:sidelol: @ this dude...

im leaving this thread now before it gets out of hand...

someone should :ban: this dude and put him out of his misery

Back
Top Bottom