Derek Jeter is the most overrated player according to his peers | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Derek Jeter is the most overrated player according to his peers

MikeO said:
This isnt' even the issue in my opinion. If you want to make a case that Young or Tejada are better than Jeter, its legit case. And in Tejeada's case its a no brainer, he is a better hitter and just as good a fielder for the most part. Nobody is claiming Jeter is the only SS in MLB worth anything. But to KNOCK Jeter with what he has done in his 10 year career and who has come through in almost every big spot he has been put in, its a joke.

Exactly..

Ill admit i am biased towards jeter **** towards Kobe and brady if you go back and look im always knocking them, i let my hate for them make me always try and talk them down, i dont care i will admit it. If someone came up and asked me truthfully if i thought Kobe was top 3 in the NBA i would proably just say no because i hate giving them any credit

MikeO said:
This isnt' even the issue in my opinion. If you want to make a case that Young or Tejada are better than Jeter, its legit case. And in Tejeada's case its a no brainer, he is a better hitter and just as good a fielder for the most part. Nobody is claiming Jeter is the only SS in MLB worth anything. But to KNOCK Jeter with what he has done in his 10 year career and who has come through in almost every big spot he has been put in, its a joke.

Oh i definitly agree, but the story was on Young, so they wanted to show how his defense costs his teams runs. I was just trying to show that Jeters D doesnt cost the yankees runs like some people may believe.

i dont care if i got owned, i was fighting a no win battle. I know my hatred for players will make me look like a fool because i dont want to give them credit.

culpepper2chambers said:
you hate him cuz he is a yankee
and....... i hate steinbrinner cuz he owns the yankees.......i hate rivera cuz hes a yankee.......and i bet you hate brady cuz he is a patriot whats you point?

culpepper2chambers said:
just cuz u hate him doesnt mean he is overrated

thank you captain obvious, did you not see where i say i think stuff and will try to bash him just beacuse i hate him?

Finfan86 said:
thank you captain obvious, did you not see where i say i think stuff and will try to bash him just beacuse i hate him?

So your saying NONE Of your posts on this board should never be taken seriously!?!?!!!!!

MikeO said:
So your saying NONE Of your posts on this board should never be taken seriously!?!?!!!!!

Most of my posts about the yankees, kobe or brady

MikeO said:
He is a border-line hall of fame player. If he ends his career with 3,000+ hits he WILL be a hall of famer (by the end of this year he will have 2,000 hits). He is a World Series MVP. A 6-time all star. While he has never been the "BEST" shortstop for any 1 year of his career (yet). He isn't overrated.

These are the same MLB players who.....
1) Don't understand why taking steriods is bad
2) Don't get the big deal about going on strike and canceling the world series

So them calling him overreated (is out of pure jealousy) is a joke on every level.

He's not borderline, he's a lock.

his defensive range rating for the past 10 years has been at the bottom or close to the bottom for all SS's in the majors.

his VORP numbers are average at best (14.4 last yr.. Arod had a 62) ... and hes a 6'3" 20 hop opposite field singles hitter.

Value Over Replacement, and is probably the best stat in baseball along with Win Shares. Those stats are not "made up" they are very valuable in determing the importance of players on their given team.

And unless you watch EVERY player play EVERY game, it's impossible to base opinions off just "watching them", that's why statistics are used to garner unbias arguments. People who watch the Yankees all the time, would tell you Jeter is better than Michael Young. Jeter ain't nowhere near Michael Young. But how many Yankee fans watch Texas Ranger games too? See how that "watch the games" argument doesn't hold up?

Back
Top Bottom