Derek Jeter is the most overrated player according to his peers | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Derek Jeter is the most overrated player according to his peers

Finfan86 said:
and its people like you who throw all their money at stars liek Arod that cant produce when it dont matter

He's the BEST ALL AROUND PLAYER IN THE GAME! If you wouldn't take him on your team, then your nuts! 100% looney bin, padded room, straight jacket nuts. The guy is a beast. I will take 50 home runs, 130 rbi's, and a .300 avg for 162 games a year every year. THERE ARE NO PLAYOFFS IF YOU DON'T GET THERE!!!!

Add he did produce when it mattered in Seattle. His postseason numbers were very very good there. You can't just ignore that!!

you know what im just stop replying becuase no stats you show me(even though stats dont count or so you say) is gonna make me think Jeter is so clutch. Yes i think hes a good player and made alot of good plays, but not how all you homers vision him as basically god

MikeO said:
becasue he is!!! Watch the games.

2000 WORLD SERIES MVP

The option/flip play in Oakland to get the runner out at home and win Game 5! (DON'T FORGET DEFENSE COUNTS TOO!)

He has a postseason avg and a world series batting avg of over .300!!

He was the ONLY yankee to show up last year vs LAA in the playoffs hitting 2 home runs in 5 games and having a .333 avg.

In the 2002 ALDS he hit .500!!!!!

Saying Jeter isn't clutch is as stupid a debate as the one we had last year where some Red Sox fans wanted ORTIZ TO BUNT when they put a shift on him! I thought that debate was the most laughable one ever had on this board. This one isn't far behind and about to pass that one!

There is no doubt Jeter, is a HOF clutch player, one of the best ever to play in the postseason.. He is overrated only because his bad defense over the course of his career will cost his teams as many runs as he will generate with his bat.. His win shares at the end of his career won't be very high.. This doesn't mean he isn't a great SS because he has meant more to the Yanks over the last 10 years than any player not named M. Rivera..

Nappy Roots said:
:sidelol: @ this dude...

im leaving this thread now before it gets out of hand...

someone should :ban: this dude and put him out of his misery

Give people enough rope and just let them hang themselves. IT's fun to watch.

Actually jeter is pretty clutch, i just hate the living **** out of mikeo i just like to argue against him

Finfan86 said:
Actually jeter is pretty clutch, i just hate the living **** out of mikeo i just like to argue against him

You only hate him because he knows 10x more about sports than you.. Give him a break..

Finfan86 said:
you know what im just stop replying becuase no stats you show me(even though stats dont count or so you say) is gonna make me think Jeter is so clutch. Yes i think hes a good player and made alot of good plays, but not how all you homers vision him as basically god

When you tag a HOF player, who has a world series MVP on his resume, and 4 rings on his fingers as "not clutch" you don't know what your talking about.

You just want to pin-hole one stat of 9th inning at bats when his team is losing, to judge him. Which is insane on every level!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously,. its just cherry picking one stat to bash a guy who shouldn't be bashed.

And you can tag a bunch of us as Yankee homers. But the stance you are taking is laughed at by any baseball fan with a brain from California to Florida and everywhere inbetween!!!!!!!!!!

NOBODY claimed Jeter is the best SS of all time. Or the best of this generation. But to say he is overrated or not clutch is just stupid beyond belief. The resume he has, and the POSTSEASON resume, is 2nd to none currently in MLB!

GreenMonster said:
You only hate him because he knows 10x more about sports than you.. Give him a break..

THANK YOU! :D

GreenMonster said:

no im not talking about this thread. Im talking about the threads back to 6-8 months ago, he is a typically arrogant new yorker, and i can't stand those types

GreenMonster said:
There is no doubt Jeter, is a HOF clutch player, one of the best ever to play in the postseason.. He is overrated only because his bad defense over the course of his career will cost his teams as many runs as he will generate with his bat.. His win shares at the end of his career won't be very high.. This doesn't mean he isn't a great SS because he has meant more to the Yanks over the last 10 years than any player not named M. Rivera..

i think your seriously under estimating his Defense. In this weeks SI they compare Jeter, Tejada, and Young.

VORP(a statistical measurement of a players run contribution in comparison to a below-average hitter who plays his position)

Jeter - 79.7
Tejada - 83.9
Young - 82.9

FRAA(an analysis of a fielders performance that assigns credit or blame for runs scored)

Jeter - 11
Tejada - 2
Young - (-)9

So Youngs defense allowed 9 more runs to score than the average SS, there for Jeter saved 11 runs more than the average SS

Finfan86 said:

:rolleyes2

trying to back pedal i see. considering MikeO wasnt even in the thread when you tried all this garbage.

:chuckle:

Finfan86 said:
no im not talking about this thread. Im talking about the threads back to 6-8 months ago, he is a typically arrogant new yorker, and i can't stand those types

I totally believe he is an arrogant fan :D , but he knows what he is talking about.. Maybe if you came with a sane agruement you could put MikeO in his place, but your not gonna win this one..

Nappy Roots said:
i think your seriously under estimating his Defense. In this weeks SI they compare Jeter, Tejada, and Young.

VORP(a statistical measurement of a players run contribution in comparison to a below-average hitter who plays his position)

Jeter - 79.7
Tejada - 83.9
Young - 82.9

FRAA(an analysis of a fielders performance that assigns credit or blame for runs scored)

Jeter - 11
Tejada - 2
Young - (-)9

So Youngs defense allowed 9 more runs to score than the average SS, there for Jeter saved 11 runs more than the average SS

This isnt' even the issue in my opinion. If you want to make a case that Young or Tejada are better than Jeter, its legit case. And in Tejeada's case its a no brainer, he is a better hitter and just as good a fielder for the most part. Nobody is claiming Jeter is the only SS in MLB worth anything. But to KNOCK Jeter with what he has done in his 10 year career and who has come through in almost every big spot he has been put in, its a joke.

BTW, i want to let it be known, i am not a Yankee Homer. I hate the yankees, I am a Devil Rays fan.

Nappy Roots said:
:rolleyes2

trying to back pedal i see. considering MikeO wasnt even in the thread when you tried all this garbage.

:chuckle:

:sidelol: :0wned: :0wned: good one Nappy!

Back
Top Bottom