Determined Dion Jordan formulates plan | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Determined Dion Jordan formulates plan

I had a chuckle at all the threads popping up during the season bemoaning the Jordan pick because he didnt blow it up as a rookie. Jordan was about as raw a prospect as he could have been coming out. Add his injury on top of that, then everyone should have known it would take him a year to develop.

I will not go negative in this positive thread but, Spesh, a #3 is supposed to blow it up his rookie year especially one you traded up for. If and when he falls short of blowing it up, he should be able to get on the field and be an instant contributor gaining heavy experience en route to blow up status.

I cant help it. I have to go negative because the quoted is such, such b@llsh!t. The click that defends the pick and the season Jordan produced are those who were cheering upon his selection and they refuse to accept egg in the face for a year. If it wouldve been Lane Johnson, those who were lighting candles on 5 pointed pentagons so we would not draft OL in the 1st would be losing their f@cking minds typing **** about such lack of production.

JT was selected in the 3rd round. JT was a phenomenal draft pick- a 3rd round HOFer- expectations surpassed. If Jordan reaches JT status, it was a phenomenal draft pick and expectations were met. Thats what comes with #3 overall package.

Jesus, Jordan click, just man up and admit it was a disappointing first year. VIPers, administrators, all clickers; you come off so pathetic. Im not afraid to tell you. Some may worry about being outcasted. Its a risk worth taking. Know where you placed in siding with the decision. You placed in the loser's circle. And really, all fans did.

But it was only for a year. Ask Mario Williams fans. So admit it and we can all move on. Until then, ill call you on it. Every time. Any handle.

Any way, Im sorry. It gets to me. Fact is fact. It was a very disappointing year for the #3 overall pick in the draft. Punto y aparte. But reading Jordan say such things, it makes me appreciate the pick in regards to looking towards tomorrow.

And in case the Jordan-colored glasses havent come off for some, peruse his words again and read between the lines. Its in black and white from the source: "I was not good enough this year".

Im excited about the heart and the smart. Thank you for the thread.

I will not go negative in this positive thread but, Spesh, a #3 is supposed to blow it up his rookie year especially one you traded up for. If and when he falls short of blowing it up, he should be able to get on the field and be an instant contributor gaining heavy experience en route to blow up status.

I cant help it. I have to go negative because the quoted is such, such b@llsh!t. The click that defends the pick and the season Jordan produced are those who were cheering upon his selection and they refuse to accept egg in the face for a year. If it wouldve been Lane Johnson, those who were lighting candles on 5 pointed pentagons so we would not draft OL in the 1st would be losing their f@cking minds typing **** about such lack of production.

JT was selected in the 3rd round. JT was a phenomenal draft pick- a 3rd round HOFer- expectations surpassed. If Jordan reaches JT status, it was a phenomenal draft pick and expectations were met. Thats what comes with #3 overall package.

Jesus, Jordan click, just man up and admit it was a disappointing first year. VIPers, administrators, all clickers; you come off so pathetic. Im not afraid to tell you. Some may worry about being outcasted. Its a risk worth taking. Know where you placed in siding with the decision. You placed in the loser's circle. And really, all fans did.

But it was only for a year. Ask Mario Williams fans. So admit it and we can all move on. Until then, ill call you on it. Every time. Any handle.

Any way, Im sorry. It gets to me. Fact is fact. It was a very disappointing year for the #3 overall pick in the draft. Punto y aparte. But reading Jordan say such things, it makes me appreciate the pick in regards to looking towards tomorrow.

And in case the Jordan-colored glasses havent come off for some, peruse his words again and read between the lines. Its in black and white from the source: "I was not good enough this year".

In reality he was not good enough this year but its year one. Im not a fan of the pick and would not have drafted him at 12 but wont call him a bust after one year. The people that loved the pick for whatever reason have a laundry list of excuses why he didn't excel or play much. When Wake was hurt and they started Shelby that spoke volumes to me about the staff's opinion of his readiness to be a player at this point. The coaches specified why he didn't play but people still blame the coaches for not playing him more. Some will cite his better plays but overall he did play 26 percent of the plays and made very little impact overall on the defense outside of a few good plays.

For someone who wasnt going negative, you sure did include a lot of negative.

You are, of course, wrong. Theoretically, rookies arent suppose to start period. Teams are suppose to have enough good veteran players on their roster and rookies are "suppose" to work their way into the snap count and gain experience and lessons from the older guys. When they are ready, they eventually knock off the starter and the cycle continues.
For example: Jarvis Jones was the first Steelers 1st round pick to start week 1 for them since Heath Miller(2003). In that time span they went to 3 superbowls, winning 2 of them. That's how successful organizations are run, they dont depend on college players to make dominate contributions. They dont let inexperienced kids make or break their entire season.

This notion that "the 3rd overall pick needs to immediately be awesome" is more Jeff Ireland bull****. Ireland did a phenomenal job moving the goalposts when it comes to peoples views on what is normal. Had he been more successful when building this roster during his first few years on the job, our young players would have been riding the bench every year and routinely been worked in. Instead, every single year we had to throw the young guys to the wolves and watch them get eaten alive. We grew used to it.
Ironically, this attitude has worked against Ireland in this singular case. He did his job when it came to defense ends. We had experienced, productive players at defensive end. Jordan couldnt knock off Wake and Vernon. The veterans won the starting job and the rookie sat back and gained knowledge. Which is exactly how it should be.

No one has been able to explain this to me, so perhaps you can: why is Dion Jordan's rookie year more important than the following 10 years?

For someone who wasnt going negative, you sure did include a lot of negative.

You are, of course, wrong. Theoretically, rookies arent suppose to start period. Teams are suppose to have enough good veteran players on their roster and rookies are "suppose" to work their way into the snap count and gain experience and lessons from the older guys. When they are ready, they eventually knock off the starter and the cycle continues.
For example: Jarvis Jones was the first Steelers 1st round pick to start week 1 for them since Heath Miller(2003). In that time span they went to 3 superbowls, winning 2 of them. That's how successful organizations are run, they dont depend on college players to make dominate contributions. They dont let inexperienced kids make or break their entire season.

This notion that "the 3rd overall pick needs to immediately be awesome" is more Jeff Ireland bull****. Ireland did a phenomenal job moving the goalposts when it comes to peoples views on what is normal. Had he been more successful when building this roster during his first few years on the job, our young players would have been riding the bench every year and routinely been worked in. Instead, every single year we had to throw the young guys to the wolves and watch them get eaten alive. We grew used to it.
Ironically, this attitude has worked against Ireland in this singular case. He did his job when it came to defense ends. We had experienced, productive players at defensive end. Jordan couldnt knock off Wake and Vernon. The veterans won the starting job and the rookie sat back and gained knowledge. Which is exactly how it should be.

No one has been able to explain this to me, so perhaps you can: why is Dion Jordan's rookie year more important than the following 10 years?

OmGz!!!! Those are 5 words I'd never see you type. This day shall go down in history folks! :chuckle:

And yes I did read the rest of the post. :lol:

so that 260 was legit and he still had issues with leverage and strength vs the run...that height playing against him no doubt...5 lbs isnt gonna change that much...gonna have to seriously up the strength and power

still no talk of a counter redirect to the inside move...sure hope that's in the works and no talk about getting off the snap of the ball quicker either...i give it him he sounds like work ethic is not the problem nor is ego...miami wants to get him on the field more kick vernon inside in certain 2nd down and distances and let jordan play the end and rush from there

if he's truly 260 and played at that last year which is hard for me to believe that quickly coming off the combine and what he weighed i think 270 is more where he needs to get...at some point though you start sacrificing speed and burst explosion for bad weight...a fine line for sure...

An up and under move is an inside counter move.

Talk to JT about technique, talk to Wake about adding that lean muscle...man is a nutrition junkie.

The only real question to me is why did it take a monumental disappointment of season to bring him around to doing the things that he should have been doing from day 1 in the NFL. Sounds to me like another case of an athlete who was able to coast on his natural athleticism until he got to the pros and then discovered that the pros are full of people who can handle his natural athleticism.

The only real question to me is why did it take a monumental disappointment of season to bring him around to doing the things that he should have been doing from day 1 in the NFL. Sounds to me like another case of an athlete who was able to coast on his natural athleticism until he got to the pros and then discovered that the pros are full of people who can handle his natural athleticism.

Sounds like every freshman to enter college and every rookie to enter the NFL

Good. Working with JT and Wake could help him immensely. Sounds like he wants to become what his potential could be...

I agree with hoops. If Jordan was 260 last season, 5 pounds isn't going to change much of anything. His frame wasn't a little bit too lean for defensive end...it wasn't even close. He lacks the natural wiry strength of Jason Taylor.

As hoops implied, I'd be more confident in Jordan's progression if he were 2 inches shorter. The height actually works against him in terms of functional strength at defensive end.

IMO, if we keep him at end he'll continue to be a disappointment, easily toppled. Jordan needs to be explored at linebacker.

Back
Top Bottom