Determined Dion Jordan formulates plan | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Determined Dion Jordan formulates plan

I agree with hoops. If Jordan was 260 last season, 5 pounds isn't going to change much of anything. His frame wasn't a little bit too lean for defensive end...it wasn't even close. He lacks the natural wiry strength of Jason Taylor.

As hoops implied, I'd be more confident in Jordan's progression if he were 2 inches shorter. The height actually works against him in terms of functional strength at defensive end.

IMO, if we keep him at end he'll continue to be a disappointment, easily toppled. Jordan needs to be explored at linebacker.

Wish we would just move to a 34. Vernon could maybe be a lb.. But what about an end still? Odrick-soliai-? / occasional ov? I think our talent (and Jordan's) are better suited

Wish we would just move to a 34. Vernon could maybe be a lb.. But what about an end still? Odrick-soliai-? / occasional ov? I think our talent (and Jordan's) are better suited

The ideal 3-4 front would be. Wake and Vernon at OLB (need edge setters) Starks and Odrick at 5tech DE, and Soliai in the middle. Would even make Ellerbe a better player. Jordan would still come in only on nickel though. The issue is the same no matter what scheme. He can't hold the point of attack or set the edge of a defense yet.

Love this. What great time to get better at what he loves. He's young, the sky is the limit for him.

Look how much Michael Johnson has improved for the Bengals.

JT was raw his rookie yr. He didnt make much of an impact until his 3-4 yr. He also was a non factor when he played against the top level LT's

Is it weird if I want 3-4 and him to be what NE has in their 2nd year guy? collins? Double digit sack guy with great man and zone coverage + run support. Long strong and reactive. Thats what I want from him.

JT was raw his rookie yr. He didnt make much of an impact until his 3-4 yr. He also was a non factor when he played against the top level LT's

Jason Taylor made more of an impact than you think. In his first year alone he had like 5 sacks in his second he almost doubled that . Pretty damn good for a 3 rd round pick. Yeah he may have been raw but he also had more skill right out of the gate.

Adding a third pass rush move. He already has a speed move and an up-and-under move, according to defensive line coach Kacy Rodgers. But Rodgers said he needs a “long arm move. Jason Taylor had that

What about his "Spin move"?

[video=youtube;DGIje72yCX4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGIje72yCX4[/video]

That's what I meant by being a freak.

To me Alson Smith is the best pass rusher in the NFL, nobody is even close even my old high school teammate Robert Quinn. Jordan has the athletic ability to become a top pass rusher there's no doubting that..

I also agree with you playing LB, he should be like Von Miller 4-3 OLB

Quinn is nasty. Cool that you got to play with him. That draft class was just so loaded - especially on D. I agree that talent isn't the issue with Jordan.

BTW - I remember you hyping Watkins early in his Freshman season. He should def be a top 5 pick.

Jason Taylor made more of an impact than you think. In his first year alone he had like 5 sacks in his second he almost doubled that . Pretty damn good for a 3 rd round pick. Yeah he may have been raw but he also had more skill right out of the gate.
Good point made by our Davenport Iowa buddy. While Dion Jordan has very similar build to Jason Taylor, I would say that JT appeared naturally stronger and better able to make plays from the getgo. You can look at the height and weight and other metrics, but JT was a bit of a freak of nature and we can tend to forget just how good he was. I like the upside in Jordan and I'm delighted with his attitude, but he needs to be making visible improvement and getting results this season.

First thing I noticed was that this response was VERY fan friendly. Bringing up fan favs like JT, and Wake. Just as important was his outspoken dedication to come back net year a better player. I love everything abt those comments!

I'd be completely 100% positive on the Dion Jordan pick if OT would have been addressed harder in FA. He seems like a great up and coming player. But to make a move like that, IMO you need another safe move to back up the risk. Getting Clabo, trusting a struggling JMart, and later settling on McKinnie, is not sufficient as a "safe move". But hey, Ireland's gone, so, whatever.

This is what I want to hear from my players. Hint hint Tannehill!

Just a few tidbits.

Sorry I can't quote at the moment, but to the points that OnDaChainWax (I apologize if I got the name wrong) raises, I have hope for Jordan. I strongly supported re - signing Jake Long, vocally predicted Martin would fail at LT, and was hoping that our trade up was for Lane Johnson to fill the hole made by foolishly letting Jake Long Walk. I criticized Jordan because he didn't have the stoutness against the run that Taylor had. But, i recognize that Jordan has elite speed, quickness and length. I'm OK with him not being an impact player last year. This year i expect a lot more. Last season he played at 250 not 260 despite whatever the team claims. At 265 he will be at the right weight, i just hope he has the power and leverage necessary to make it work at that weight. The NFL is bigger and stronger than when JT played, and Jordan needs to be a hybrid DE/OLB to are it work.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom