Determined Dion Jordan formulates plan | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Determined Dion Jordan formulates plan

For someone who wasnt going negative, you sure did include a lot of negative.

You are, of course, wrong. Theoretically, rookies arent suppose to start period. Teams are suppose to have enough good veteran players on their roster and rookies are "suppose" to work their way into the snap count and gain experience and lessons from the older guys. When they are ready, they eventually knock off the starter and the cycle continues.
For example: Jarvis Jones was the first Steelers 1st round pick to start week 1 for them since Heath Miller(2003). In that time span they went to 3 superbowls, winning 2 of them. That's how successful organizations are run, they dont depend on college players to make dominate contributions. They dont let inexperienced kids make or break their entire season.

This notion that "the 3rd overall pick needs to immediately be awesome" is more Jeff Ireland bull****. Ireland did a phenomenal job moving the goalposts when it comes to peoples views on what is normal. Had he been more successful when building this roster during his first few years on the job, our young players would have been riding the bench every year and routinely been worked in. Instead, every single year we had to throw the young guys to the wolves and watch them get eaten alive. We grew used to it.
Ironically, this attitude has worked against Ireland in this singular case. He did his job when it came to defense ends. We had experienced, productive players at defensive end. Jordan couldnt knock off Wake and Vernon. The veterans won the starting job and the rookie sat back and gained knowledge. Which is exactly how it should be.

No one has been able to explain this to me, so perhaps you can: why is Dion Jordan's rookie year more important than the following 10 years?

Yeah, I know. I couldnt help myself. The negativity doesnt belong on this thread. If there was an award for words you want coming out of your 1st rounder, Jordan is the rookie of the year. Im sorry.

And Spesh, you are wrong, bud. As it pertains to our circumstance, you are wrong, no 2 ways about it. To bypass the most blatant need on our roster, and whats more, TRADE UP; Jordan had to be a monster.

To me, the biggest issue was the trade up. A team devoid of young talent wasted a 2nd round pick for, as you alluded to, a position with a surplus of talent. You are wrong, bud. You trade up for a monster.

If Jordan falls to 12, I still dont like the decision but at the very least one can find comfort in knowing that we couldnt miss the opportunity to acquire a top 5 prospect gift that fell to us from the heavens. No. We went after him on a team that didnt need him, possibly couldnt use him. You are wrong, bud. You seek out a monster.

Regarding your point about having a player sit, gain experience- you are right. But its not a luxury for our circumstance not to mention that you would not be making such a point when discussing an LT or QB at 3 so pretty please with a cherry on top, spare me the BS arguments that incense me. Imagine Long would not have started his rookie year. Better yet, IMAGINE LONG COULD NOT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO MAKE THE FIELD his rookie year. You are wrong, bud. We needed a starting monster.

Coincidentally, it was the lack of a monster that stuck its fangs in Ireland. Jordan's best sack of the year was on his own front office. I would hypothesize- and we will never know- but I would hypothesize that with a better offensive line, we make the playoffs. I think a lot of posters, even you, can admit that the probability wouldve been very high. And if we had made the playoffs, Ireland is employed today. You are wrong, bud. Ireland needed a monster.

What is infuriating is that these are all very valid points but one of the following two things occurs with posters in respect to defending the pick and performance; they are either so mesmerized by the glitter, so high on the possibility narcotic or so full of pride that they will not admit that it was a bad decision followed by even worse results.

I can admit when I am wrong. A mentor once told me, "People arent you. Trying to change them to be, is foolish and futile." I just cant for the life of me understand why its so damn hard to admit. But that is an exercise in futility and a condemnation of foolishness.

I forgot to answer the question. I dont remember having ever made a beef on the next 10 years. Ive posted that his tools are phenomenal and he showcased ability when he played.

Now that you ask, a number 3 overall contributing year 1 and for the next 10 years is ludicrous? Too much to ask? Estoy loco?

While its nice to read that. The fact still remains that he is a project in the works and was taken way too early in draft. While he may never be worth what we gave to get him. Hopefully he can be a starter and the valuable player everyone wants him to be.

If his production matches his potential (The physical tools are there) and great character (at least with how he has carried himself so far), he could be a nightmare for offenses, rare talent, and one of the top players in the league at his position....you don't think that would be worth it, and taking a player that early would be worth it?

If his production matches his potential (The physical tools are there) and great character (at least with how he has carried himself so far), he could be a nightmare for offenses, rare talent, and one of the top players in the league at his position....you don't think that would be worth it, and taking a player that early would be worth it?

Rolling the dice trading another draft pick away for an injured player. On a guy that could maybe have potential. Especially taken that high. Plauers taken that high should be playmakers or at least be playing from day one. Plus the money a first rounder makes. You almost want them out there proving that they were worthy of that sewlection. Not to be a project in the works. So no I was / am not enamored in pick. Like I have said before pick could have been more wisely taken ! Now we can hope he pans out and be productive! But as of now it was a bad pick no matter how you try to make it look good.

Back
Top Bottom