Devante Parker Coming With A Purpose This Offseason & Fales Getting Raves By Gase | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devante Parker Coming With A Purpose This Offseason & Fales Getting Raves By Gase

He did look like a completely different receiver last year before the high ankle sprain. I think his progression is as simple as staying healthy. If he stays healthy, then he'll be our #1 WR and have a breakout season. If he's hampered by injuries, then WR1 becomes a priority need next offseason.

I'm ready to draft his replacement next year. I would hate to see them invest big money on an average injury prone WR
Well, the good thing is they won't have to commit long term unless he proves it for two years in a row consistently. Won't be a one year/contract year thing.

And I'm betting against the odds that he will with Landry gone and Tannehill back.

In a perfect world Minkah would mentor DVP, but that might be a tad embarrassing in the real world

I still have hope for DVP, albeit dwindling.

It's just tough to let those measurable go. Stay healthy you lanky SoB and show us what you can do!

As if we weren't hearing the exact same things about Parker this time last year. I'm not expecting much from him at all.

My expectations are high for Parker, just like they were last year. He put together a promising season considering injuries and the fact he had Cutler throwing the ball at him all year.

Plus... this year is his payday.

All I have to say,"I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I do not believe a word they say."

DeVante Parker is having a strong offseason, according to Adam Gase. (Andres Leiva/The Post)

DAVIE — Miami Dolphins wide receiver DeVante Parker has been reading a book about legendary wide receiver Jerry Rice, according to a person close to Parker. It’s all about realizing the commitment it takes to become great.
According to Dolphins coach Adam Gase, Parker’s offseason is off to a very good start.
“He’s done a great job so far this offseason,” Gase told The Audible, a Miami Dolphins podcast. “He’s really been one of the guys that has tried to do things on his own. He doesn’t need someone to hold his hand and take him here and say eat like this and do this. He’s doing things on his own. And that comes with maturity, too. He was drafted young. And he’s been doing it now. This is his fourth season. Sometimes it takes a second to say OK I know how to do this. And I’ve been doing it. And I don’t need someone to tell me I need to do this. He is doing things on his own. And trying to find ways to get better on the field. I think he has more of a purpose when he comes out on the field.”
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...te-parker-approaching-offseason-with-purpose/

This doesn't inspire confidence in my opinion. When you start reading books about how receivers got to be so great, it seems like a grasping at straws type of thing. This guy has not broken out yet, something's missing.

"He’s done a great job so far this offseason" sounds eerily similar to when Wannstedt said every year, "We're gonna get Rob Konrad more involved this year." I'll consider whatever Parker contributes a bonus. It's on the rest of the group imo.

One more year of growth, playing with ahis starting qb again and not playing in Landry's shadow. All reason I believve Parker will have a good year.

Back
Top Bottom