Devante Parker Coming With A Purpose This Offseason & Fales Getting Raves By Gase | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devante Parker Coming With A Purpose This Offseason & Fales Getting Raves By Gase

I don't care if he only plays in 14 or 15 games. Players get injured it's part of the game. I just want him 100% in 12 or 13 games. That would be good enough for me and I think you would see good results.

sure, 14 or 15 productive games would be great. 100% in 12 or 13...well, now I'm not so sure. Now you're talking about missing 25% of the season, and we have to decide if we want to keep him, and just as importantly how much we want to pay him. The bigger role you give him when he's healthy, the bigger void we have when he's out.

He's injury prone. Period. Injuries are part of the game, I get it. But Landry never missed a game, Stills hasn't missed one for us...point being that I would like to see that his body can stand up to a full NFL Season. Injuries are a bigger part of the game for some than others, and for Parker, they've basically been the summary of his game up until this point in his NFL Career.

Is this a coy paste from 2016?

Seems like every year, Parker is suppose to be more ready than the previous.........

Stills and Parker were the most affected by QB play in 2017... And its not a strecth to say Parker takes the #1 spot over Stills in that department...

Consider that Cutler was kind of decent throwing within 10 yards of the LOS it got worst, or plain atrocious, the further he threw beyond that.

Then go look at the route trees receivers were asked to run in 2017.

Landry ran like 98%(arbitrary number I just pulled out of my ass, but I know Im in the ballpark) in a 10 yard box.. So Landry kind of benifited from having Cutler, he was targeted by default because of the QBs limitations and got the best of Cutler...

Stills was all over the field, so he still got a piece of some good throws, but the deep routes were wasted...

Now take a look at Parker's chart... Poor guy's route tree is like 80% downfield were Cutler's rating was just horrible... They used him as a decoy and thats fine from a strategic stand point, but it kind of sheds a bad light on his personnal production...

This doesnt prove that Parker would have had a great year with Tannehill throwing to him, but it can certainly explain why he wasnt put in a situation to produce personnal achievements...

Either way, its a make or break season for him, hell its make or break for most of the people getting a paycheck from Ross in 2018...

Parker should never have been drafted by us in the first place. He had screws holding stuff together in his damn foot when we drafted him for crying out loud. I wouldn't touch a WR with screws in his foot with a 50 foot pole.

Parker should never have been drafted by us in the first place. He had screws holding stuff together in his damn foot when we drafted him for crying out loud. I wouldn't touch a WR with screws in his foot with a 50 foot pole.
I'm trying to picture you with a 50 foot pole trying to knock on someone... Conclusion? I don't think you could touch him even if you tried... lol

His foot has been a non-issue the past few years. More hamstring issues than anything I believe.

Maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment, but I'm cautiously optimistic for a breakout season from Parker. Just give us 16 relatively healthy games, please!

Parker has been banged up and hampered during his career, but the whole "he always misses games" is wrong. In three seasons he's missed 5 games. He may have been hampered with nagging injuries in 10 or 15 of the 43 games he's played in, but he's been on the field more than most. I fact I wouldn't be shocked if he's been 100% in less than half the game he's played. I don't know if people are just spoiled by Landry and Stills playing in 48 of a possible 48 game over the past three seasons, but missing less than 2 games per year isn't that bad when you look at the league average for people players that see a decent amount of snaps.
"He always misses games" is a symptom of him never doing anything memorable because the coaching staff has more confidence in our other receivers. If he actually did anything of note in games maybe people would remember that he actually played.

"He always misses games" is a symptom of him never doing anything memorable because the coaching staff has more confidence in our other receivers. If he actually did anything of note in games maybe people would remember that he actually played.

Maybe to a degree. I think that's how some people few it. But it's more about plays made vs expected plays made. For example over the past twp seasons Parker has 113 receptions for 1414 yards and people are saying they need more or he should be gone. Meanwhile during his best two seasons in Miami Rishard Matthews had 84 receptions for 1110 yards and people wanted to over pay to keep him. I'm sure Parker made more big plays during his three seasons than Matthews made in his four seasons.

Of course one was a high first round pick and the other a later draft pick so expectations were different. But just on pure numbers and performance regardless of expectations I would say if you wanted to pay Matthews xxx $$$ that Parker has shown he's at least in the same ball park. To me Parker has yet to justify an elite level contract, but he's far from being a player that shouldn't have a role at the right price. That's why I don't agree with the whole make or break concept. I think this seaon would go a long way in determining what I would be willing to pay him and what he's going to ask for.

Beyond the injuries, the guys biggest problem is he doesn’t get separation.

Best football player in the league from April all the way until July. Every year.

Beyond the injuries, the guys biggest problem is he doesn’t get separation.

90 percent time the ball is thrown to him, a corner is glued to his hip. Sloppy route runner. Wasn't a fan of the pick initially for these reasons.

Back
Top Bottom