Did Charles Harris have a successful rookie season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did Charles Harris have a successful rookie season?

• Total voters

number1fin

#onephin
Club Member
Reaction score
I’ll let you define what a “successful” rookie season actually means but to me it really boils down to if you think the kid played well enough to not only earn being picked where he was but also did he flash enough potential to possibly be an elite DE someday.

His stats were subpar only recording 19 tackles and 2 sacks.

I will say I liked his effort throughout the entire season and he did pass the eye test, in addition he had quite a few near misses where he would’ve been a lot more impactful.

Unfortunately for him though being drafted by the Dolphins in the 1st round carries a little baggage. Mainly because we’ve had a bust, or two.

So I pose the question to you.

Ponder on that and enjoy the highlight reel.

No. When you have first rd picks that don’t really contribute it makes you wonder why people are so opposed to using a 1st rd pick on a QB that won’t contribute this year. Basically the same thing but with the QB pick have more upside. Nothing from Harris this season showed he was worth a 1st rd pick.

No not at all but i remain hopeful for the future, after all thats all i have as a fan these last 15 some odd years hope for the future.

he flashed, and showed potential. like you said he got close a lot, but in this game getting close isn't good enough. we will have to wait until next year and see if he develops

Maybe he'll take off ala m williams or clowney. I wasn't impressed though.

I seem to remember everybody in an uproar about drafting Harris instead of Jordan Willis and Willis had one sack on the season. I don't think you should put too much stock in rookie's performance year one. Let's see if he's improving as he gets more and more experience. Same is true with Tunsil to a degree. I wouldn't get too worked up over his play at left tackle during his first year at the position in the NFL. Plus Tunsil and Harris showed improvement toward the end of the season and that's the foundation for future success.

I seem to remember everybody in an uproar about drafting Harris instead of Jordan Willis and Willis had one sack on the season. I don't think you should put too much stock in rookie's performance year one. Let's see if he's improving as he gets more and more experience. Same is true with Tunsil to a degree. I wouldn't get too worked up over his play at left tackle during his first year at the position in the NFL. Plus Tunsil and Harris showed improvement toward the end of the season and that's the foundation for future success.

Can you link this "uproar?" And I wouldn't be too smug about that one, given that Harris got 1 sack and 6 fewer tackles despite 137 more snaps.

Certainly too early to judge him. Obviously I hoped for more. However, it's typical Dolphins to see players drafted soon after contributing immediately.

Too early to really say anything, but 1 sack is awful. He really needs to get it together or we picked anther bust.. Sad knowing us.. We will release him and Pats will pick him up and get 14.5 sacks that year

Back
Top Bottom