Did the Dolphins make an all-time franchise mistake? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did the Dolphins make an all-time franchise mistake?

Well when you look at QB Tannehill, RB Drake, WR Parker 《BUST》, Stills, Grant and no TE. Plus worst OL in football. We now have the worst Offenses in the League.

From an economic standpoint, NO. There is a salary cap and each team has to make hard decisions on how the money is distributed. He was one of my favorite players, but frankly not worth more than 10-11million. He was offered 13 million and he declined it. Nothing the team can do about it.
Every team loses good players when their demands are excessive. Some people act as if this is unique to the Dolphins and rip Tannenbaum. Look around the league.
If Landry really wanted to be here, he and his agent would have negotiated fairly with the Dolphins. This appears to be an ego thing with Landry and it is about money. His buddy OBJ has already declared publicly that he will be seeking 20 mill.
If he has a hard line stance, he won’t be a Giant much longer.
Teams should be signing big deals to franchise QBs and to elite type players. Landry is very good, but he’s not elite.

He will regret not taking the 13m. Cleveland is where careers end.

By trading Landry?
We should have signed him a year ago for less. Was Stills really worth signing and Landry worth letting go? Ridiculous. Why can't we pay our own home-grown talent (Lamar Miller, Olivier Vernon, and Landry) and not pay mediocre talent from other teams (Alonso, Branch, Quinn (who's washed up), and yes, even Stills).

It was a mistake trading Landry, but it’s not going to doom our franchise.

By trading Landry?

NO. 8.8 yards a catch 5.6% TD to catch Ratio. Top 5 receivers average well over double. You can do much more with 15 Million than RB catching averages. Problem with Dolphin fans is most think our players are better than they are. This is a below average receiver who got force fed the football. A lot of passion but he is what he is.

Loved his passion but was a role player and not a game changer. Not worth the cap hit, need to fill other areas of weakness which his 16 million will help with. Fill in some depth in FA and need to find a game changer in the draft. Wish him the best of luck in Cleveland.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think it was a mistake to not not sign Landry. Not sure about all-time franchise mistake, but I guess time will tell.

I remember feeling real down about losing Troy Vincent to the Eagles. This one is up there for me.

All time, as in the entire history of the organization? No, probably not. From a salary cap standpoint, it was a necessary evil to make that move.

In terms of losing fan confidence? I’d say the move is right up there as one of the most unpopular for the fan base.

Landry was a Dolphin institution for 4 years, in the prime of his career, so that’s going to take some time to mend that wound.

No, absolutely not even close.

Worst move(s) in history were twice passing on Brees.

I think we have a much bigger issue than Landry, I think he benefited from our struggles. I feel we will fare no better this year if we throw a third of our passes to a slot that averages 8-10 yards per catch. That is the definition of losing football, inefficiency in the passing game. Ball should go downfield more or should go to a guy a bit more explosive.

That TD by Grant in the KC game would not have been a TD to Landry.

I just do not equate losing him as being anything a team that was bad with him, can’t continue to be bad. There are guys that really make a difference, like our OL in 2016. When all our starters played we had what, a 10-1 streak or something? You could see a real drop off when they didn’t play together. I saw a drop off with Tannehill being out this year. I think Cutler had 2 games where I thought he threw a ton of nice balls and made good plays and two games isn’t nearly enough.

I just can’t help but think we can get more success out of 160 targets this year, my opinion. You cannot just look at the catches, you have to look at the targets.

Without Landry we won't be able to score 24 points a game anymore......oh wait, we've never scored 24 points per game with him

Ozzy rules!!

Actually this is not true. You want to talk about someone we missed? We averaged 24.2 points a game with big play Clay. We have had CRAP as our starting TE since then and we have suffered.

FORGET LANDRY. Let’s get a REAL TE and he will make a difference.

Back
Top Bottom