Did the Patriots play tonight? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did the Patriots play tonight?

Smh were talking about the Seahawks vs The Pats please stay on topic, Pats and Seahawks only played twice from 2014 to 2016 ; Both times the offense didn't have a problem putting up points on a top notch defense.

Then why the **** did you post tonight's box score which is what this was a reply to?

You can't separate Belichick from the Patriots defense; they go hand in hand. Belichick also won two SBs as a DC. And of course, BB has everything to do with the success of the Patriots as an organization from top to bottom. I don't get where you're going there.

Here are the years BB has won the SB and his defensive ranking by points allowed:

'86 - #2
'90 - #1
'01 - #6
'03 - #1
'04 - #2
'14 - #8
'16 - #1

This isn't too hard to figure out. The year they had there lowest ranking in '14 has been the year that has been discussed when they gave up 33 pts to us in the opener and 41 pts to the Chiefs in week 4. Beyond that, Belichick's defenses have been absolutely superb and the main reason he has 7 championships.

I already said most of their defenses have been the bend don't break type. They have been great at stopping teams from scoring but only decent from stopping teams from moving the ball. Where I'm going is the Patriots offense has been the biggest factor in the majority of their SB wins but their defenses have been solid.

So much of what pass rushers do is exploit the pin ears opportunities. They can be ghost all game get leads pin ears and pile up stats.

That's what we need from harris. Be wakes robin to his batman.

It won't be long watching those WRs play tiny on 3rd down sticks routes before they resort to the pick game and illegal stuff. Hopefully the NFL calls it. They still don't call the dont come set for a full second before the snap the pats use over and over.

That's because it's not illegal if the player in motion is moving horizontally or backwards; it's only illegal with vertical movement.

A full one second stop is only enforced on a shift, not motion.

All this Patriot leeway and cheating BS is hilarious.

I already said most of their defenses have been the bend don't break type. They have been great at stopping teams from scoring but only decent from stopping teams from moving the ball. Where I'm going is the Patriots offense has been the biggest factor in the majority of their SB wins but their defenses have been solid.

The numbers for their success via defense are right there staring you in the face.

How'd that record breaking '07 offensive unit fare as far as pulling in another SB ring for them? . . . That's what I thought.

Then why the **** did you post tonight's box score which is what this was a reply to?

No that's a different topic
1. I brought up the Seahawks inability to stop the patriots offense
2. You said that's news to me
3. I posted stats from last years game to show how Brady moved the Ball.
4. You said thats weak , were talking about over a decade of dominance of by the Pats.
5. I said were talking about the Seahawks vs The Pats

No that's a different topic
1. I brought up the Seahawks inability to stop the patriots offense
2. You said that's news to me
3. I posted stats from last years game to show how Brady moved the Ball.
4. You said thats weak , were talking about over a decade of dominance of by the Pats.
5. I said were talking about the Seahawks vs The Pats

My apologies. I thought that was tonight's box score being the thread we are in and threw myself off topic from there.

The numbers for their success via defense are right there staring you in the face.

How'd that record breaking '07 offensive unit fare as far as pulling in another SB ring for them? . . . That's what I thought.

I guess we have different views on why the Patriots have been so dominant.

I guess we have different views on why the Patriots have been so dominant.

Different views, yes, but only one of us is right.

Find me some teams that have won a SB without a defense that either played very well for the whole year or down the stretch.

On the other hand, I can find you plenty of teams that have won the SB with sub-par offenses (and QBS) because of their defenses.

To me the patriots defense production always exceeded their talent level (overachievers) and thats due to a great scheme, but I've never seen them as a dominant defense.

Different views, yes, but only one of us is right.

Find me some teams that have won a SB without a defense that either played very well for the whole year or down the stretch.

On the other hand, I can find you plenty of teams that have won the SB with sub-par offenses (and QBS) because of their defenses.

Challenge accepted. Gimme 1 min

To me the patriots defense production always exceeded their talent level (overachievers) and thats due to a great scheme, but I've never seen them as a dominant defense.

Even though this was posted in relation to points allowed for the years BB won the SB?

86 - #2
'90 - #1
'01 - #6
'03 - #1
'04 - #2
'14 - #8
'16 - #1

Being the number one team for points allowed is dominant. I don't care how you try and spin it. Especially when it directly correlates to SB wins. I mean last year alone they only allowed 250 pts and the next closest defense allowed 284. That's dominance.

Challenge accepted. Gimme 1 min

I'll give you all night. I must get some sleep b/c I wont be able to this weekend with the storm coming with myself and my family being affected all across the state.

*I'll give you fair warning that I know your going to dig up Colt's and Saint's SB championship years, but I am well aware of how their defenses turned it on for the late season run with turnovers and other factors.

Last edited:
I'll give you all night. I must get some sleep b/c I wont be able to this weekend with the storm coming with myself and my family being affected all over the state.

2006 Colts had the 21 ranked defense, 2009 Saints had the 25th ranked defense :biggrin

No jizzing yourself over the pats d this time. Looked horrible, just like first half of SB. Brady didn't bail them out this time like in the SB. Brady off night, stalling for FG's, Pats loose.

Kcs theme on offense this season is they are relying on you to chase the rabbit in tyreek hill and as a result your lb level to take false steps and that very athletic oline then gets to you on the 2nd level.

Tyreek hill straw that stirs the drink. He gets hurt they could show some of it with deanthony Thomas but it's not even close to the same level threat.

Boy am I glad we didn't sign donta Hightower this offseason. That would have been horrible value relative to the cost in this scheme.

Back
Top Bottom