Did the Patriots play tonight? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did the Patriots play tonight?

I don't understand the mods catching flak for moving the post.... Does moving it to another forum not allow you to have the same discussion as if it was still in the main forum? Oh but blackcreek I only go to the main forum!!! Why? There is a perfectly good new posts button at the top left of the page that Will show you every updated thread from every forum....

Anyways back on topic man losing Eric berry is major... That man was on fire last night before his injury. Sad for the game to see him get hurt he's one of the best if not the best imo..

Eric Berry was the main reason the pats looked bad when he was in there. That's a huge loss.

Something else worth noting too is that maybe, just maybe, some of these NE moves in the off season may not work out for them. Cooks did have 88 yards tonight but only three catches, hardly game-breaking stuff, Dwayne Allen had 0 catches for 0 yards (same for Dorsett though he just got there) and if you want to go a step further, Kony Ealy was cut before the season even started after all the talk of him coming over from the Panthers so again...."maybe" these new additions don't end up making the Pats so unbeatable after all. At least we can hope.

I wanted to touch on something Sons said above about '14 with the Pats too. I thought about that with the Chiefs winning tonight because in '14 the Pats dropped to 2-2 after a bad Monday night loss at Arrowhead and all they did was go 10-2 and win the super bowl afterwards. I remember Brady was cussing everyone on the sidelines and they looked like they could come apart - of course, they did not. But we have to have some hope that this thing will end/is about to end soon. When it started going bad for Manning a couple years ago, look at his numbers - he started having more incompletions than completions and wasn't throwing many TDs either. By the end, the INTs start to overtake the TDs as well. Now, the Chiefs will probably prove to be a better defense than what most teams can throw at NE this year, but for the first game, with the Chiefs being, I believe, -1 on turnovers tonight. I'll take what happened......and continue to hope that NE defense is that poor and that Brady is starting the decline.

Gilmore definitely didn't "do his job" on that long TD pass. And he didn't look like he particularly cared.

Gilmore definitely didn't "do his job" on that long TD pass. And he didn't look like he particularly cared.

It was Cover 2. That was on McCourty to stay over top. Gilmore had underneath coverage.

I don't see how the patriots turn around this defense. Especially if Hightower is out

I don't see how the patriots turn around this defense. Especially if Hightower is out

We'll see. Same things have been said about their defense time and time again with Seymour, Wilfork, Revis, etc. leaving and even just last year with the losses of Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins.

It was Cover 2. That was on McCourty to stay over top. Gilmore had underneath coverage.

If you think Belichick liked the way Giilmore played that then Irma's pressure must be having an impact on peoples minds...

If you think Belichick liked the way Giilmore played that then Irma's pressure must be having an impact on peoples minds...

Excuse yourself. That's about as nicely as I can put that in light of your response there.

Also what does Belichick's thoughts on the way he played overall have to do with this particular play? It doesn't.

If you want to to breakdown Gilmore's tape for the game then say so, otherwise stop deflecting from what was being discussed.

Not everyone has the skill players or offense to attack the pats the way kc did.

Doubt Hightower is out long if any games.

Gilmore had the top grade of the db group. Pats do such a good job schematically of hiding Chung in coverage.

Malcolm butler bad preseason showing carried over to week 1

Anyway, since we're not allowed to talk about our division rival's opening game in the Dolphins forum...

I thought it was amazing to hear Collinsworth making up excuses for the Pats D tonight. Didn't hear a word about their deficiencies from any "experts" throughout the offseason and preseason. They were a heavy Super Bowl favorite, thought to have a chance to go undefeated, and suddenly according to Collinsworth, they just can't play "Patriots defense" without Hightower. Yeah, OK.
exactly, they did a 180 real quick

My opinion, the Patriots will likely turn it around they always do. I'm not worried about the offense too much. Not every team has a safety or anyone for that matter that can eliminate Gronk. I've never seen that before or at least never noticed it. I do think Gilislee and Burhead are JAGS that will benefit simply from defenses playing the pass vs NE. A special back picks up one of those 4th and 1's. Amendola being out for any significant time would be tough though as he's the guy Brady is most comfortable with. Lets see what happens with Cooks and Dorsett. The Saints are a pretty smart team they must have had there reasons to dump Cooks. Although Stills has been a model citizen and respected player here and they dumped him too. The Colts must have really wanted to dump Dorsett as I can't see any other reason for that trade other than Luck is going to miss a lot of time and they need a backup.

I do wonder if they have the horses on defense. It will be interesting to see how they look in 10 days against Drew Brees.

I live in NE and the radio is gold today. I'm elated the undefeated talk is done after week 1 regardless of what happens. The pundits here were literally all predicting 19-0.

Also, did Dion Lewis fully recover from his ACL tear? He was killing it as a receiver out of the backfield 2 years ago but now hardly plays.

Belichick is the master at scheming and adjusting. That said, KC did expose some massive chinks in the Patriot armor. Not sure who plays NE next week, but they would be fools to not run pass plays to the RBs out of the back field. It will be interesting to see how Hoodie can scheme to protect is linebackers.

Scheming and counter scheming - that's what makes football so fun.

We'll see. Same things have been said about their defense time and time again with Seymour, Wilfork, Revis, etc. leaving and even just last year with the losses of Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins.

Theres been talk of the pats' demise on defense before. Difference is this time the Pats really backed it up by playing a stinker defensively. 540 yards, almost 9 yards per play, 6 TDs point blank. Thats outrageous. Its not like the offense gave away short fields either. KC earned all 42 of those points. Ive never seen a BB defense so confused and flustered.

Well see if this game will have been an abomination but NO surely took some notes.

They will get healthy this week. New Orleans has major tackle issues right now and the only potential fix armstead appears to still be a ways away.

Saints field the youngest secondary in the game I mean 4 of the top 5 have less than a years worth of game experience. 3 are rookies. It's such a tall order.

Not to mention the lb level lacks range in the nickel aj Klein especially. Pretty obvious last night. He's a solid player he's just not rangy enough for the nickel as the plan a.

There also looks to be a hole in the saints scheme cause I lost count of how many times Minnesota got a slot wr on a lb matchup in vertical coverage and paid for it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom