Dion Jordan Worst high pick ever? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dion Jordan Worst high pick ever?

You could literally fill out a lineup with all of our failed first and second round picks since around 1984. It's amazing we haven't folded as a franchise.

Without trying: DE John Bosa, NT Eddie Blake, DE/OLB Eric Kumerow, DE Dion Jordan, DE Philip Merling, two 1sts traded for Hugh Green (Lb), Jackie Shipp (traded up in the 1st) LB, Rick Graf, LB, DB Jason Allen, CB Jamar Fletcher, CB Jamar Taylor

QB Henne, QB John Beck, QB Pat White, RB Sammie Smith, Lorenzo Hampton, RB John Avery, RB Daniel Thomas, RB JJ Johnson, WR Scott Schwedes, WR Yatil Green, WR Teddy Ginn, OT Billy Milner, OT Jonathan Martin, OG Andrew Greene....

That pathetic list (I am sure I am missing some), covers only 1st and 2nd round picks. These names should have been core players and were not. Some were plagued with injuries, but the fact that they were failed picks stands.

The bad FO defect is going on 30 years at this point.

I remember Hugh Green was tearing it up after the trade. Looked like he was going to be the pass rusher and all around LBer we needed to help the D hold up for Marinos offense. Then he tore up his knee and was never the same. I think he led the team in sacks until the last game when Mark Brown finally passed him. What could have been...

I am beyond being through with the worthless bum. He will never do a damn thing for our team. He is just dead weight. He's the Ireland gift that keeps on giving. The biggest bust in Dolphins history. Just pathetic.

And I thought John Bosa was, this guy takes the cake.

Why doesn't he go and have a lobotomy too while he's at it. The bum should be paying he Dolphins just to be in their building.

Eddie Moore was another clutch pick up. Think we passed on Boldin for that gem.
Ugh... Jason Allen drove me nuts. Probably least favorite player of all time.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

So when is he coming back? Is he done for the season?

Not just a million 1st round flops over the years but just as many 2nd round flops. Our drafting by and large has stunk since the Shula era and we had some crap drafts even when Shula was here.

And I thought John Bosa was, this guy takes the cake.

John Bosa wasn't nearly as bad a high pick as Eric Kumerow was. Kumerow was a huge reach and couldn't play at all. Bosa's biggest issue was he couldn't stay healthy. Dion Jordan is just a lazy underachiever who decided to piss away his physical talent.

When talking about biggest busts I think its also worth looking at who they passed on to get the player... That draft was very weak but we did give up a 1st and 2nd to trade up to get him. Idk if he's the biggest bust we've had but he's in the running

You could literally fill out a lineup with all of our failed first and second round picks since around 1984. It's amazing we haven't folded as a franchise.

Without trying: DE John Bosa, NT Eddie Blake, DE/OLB Eric Kumerow, DE Dion Jordan, DE Philip Merling, two 1sts traded for Hugh Green (Lb), Jackie Shipp (traded up in the 1st) LB, Rick Graf, LB, DB Jason Allen, CB Jamar Fletcher, CB Jamar Taylor

QB Henne, QB John Beck, QB Pat White, RB Sammie Smith, Lorenzo Hampton, RB John Avery, RB Daniel Thomas, RB JJ Johnson, WR Scott Schwedes, WR Yatil Green, WR Teddy Ginn, OT Billy Milner, OT Jonathan Martin, OG Andrew Greene....

That pathetic list (I am sure I am missing some), covers only 1st and 2nd round picks. These names should have been core players and were not. Some were plagued with injuries, but the fact that they were failed picks stands.

The bad FO defect is going on 30 years at this point.

I bet you could make a good team of picks we could have had. One from each year, go!

I'm going to go with Pat White all 120 pounds of him.
We get an extra second round pick and we go for a gimmick player.who had no chance of ever playing qb

I don't know some of the older drafts too well, but let me try a few:
2016-Stick with Tunsil, but don't trade for Alonso and Maxwell
2015-Probably stick with Parker
2014-Derek Carr
2013-So many, but probably Le'Veon Bell
2012-Kuechly
2011-Muhammed Wilkerson
2010-Rob Gronkowski
2009-Clay Matthews
2008-I liked the Jake Long pick, but there were several other good players after him
2007-Revis
2006-Tamba Hali or Nick Mangold
2005-Rodgers
2004-Wilfork
Okay, I'll stop

I remember Hugh Green was tearing it up after the trade. Looked like he was going to be the pass rusher and all around LBer we needed to help the D hold up for Marinos offense. Then he tore up his knee and was never the same. I think he led the team in sacks until the last game when Mark Brown finally passed him. What could have been...

Green sacks with the dolphins
86-4
87-0
88-2.5
89-7.5
90-2
91-1

horrible trade

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom