2016-Stick with Tunsil, but don't trade for Alonso and Maxwell
2015-Probably stick with Parker
2014-Derek Carr
2013-So many, but probably Le'Veon Bell
2012-Kuechly
2011-Muhammed Wilkerson
2010-Rob Gronkowski
2009-Clay Matthews
2008-I liked the Jake Long pick, but there were several other good players after him
2007-Revis
2006-Tamba Hali or Nick Mangold
2005-Rodgers
2004-Wilfork
Okay, I'll stop

That list makes as sad as the list of all the busts we've drafted over the years

Ozzy rules!!

Who? Honestly the only time I think of or remember him is when he's brought up on here.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Due to injury, but from a production standpoint Yatil Green is in the running.

Well Green couldn't play because of injury, not because he was a douchebag. Dion can't play because of both, but how is he still getting injured when he isn't even playing. IMO Dion is way worse than Green

It's almost impossible to top what a bust Dion is. He's definitely our team's biggest bust and is way up there historically in the league as an all-time bust. Hell of an accomplishment.

Green sacks with the dolphins
86-4
87-0
88-2.5
89-7.5
90-2
91-1

horrible trade

Ozzy rules!![/QU]

Like I said...those 4 sacks in '86 were in 3 games. Then he tore up his knee, missed the rest of the year and much of '87. He was never the All Pro that he was in Tampa after that. In hindsight, no way was it worth 2 first rounders....horrible. However, if he would have stayed healthy, he was a top flight OLB...on a team that was desperately trying to get defensive front 7 talent (see Bosa, Shipp, Graf, Kumerow, Brophy, etc.) other than Offerdahl.

I don't know some of the older drafts too well, but let me try a few:
2016-Stick with Tunsil, but don't trade for Alonso and Maxwell
2015-Probably stick with Parker
2014-Derek Carr
2013-So many, but probably Le'Veon Bell
2012-Kuechly
2011-Muhammed Wilkerson
2010-Rob Gronkowski
2009-Clay Matthews
2008-I liked the Jake Long pick, but there were several other good players after him
2007-Revis
2006-Tamba Hali or Nick Mangold
2005-Rodgers
2004-Wilfork
Okay, I'll stop

And how many of those superstars could your keep under contract and field a 53 man roster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Due to injury, but from a production standpoint Yatil Green is in the running.

Yatil Green shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Jordan. Both had talent, but only one had his career ended by injuries that likely wouldn't have been career ending today. The other is a mental midget who manages to get injured while suspended. Injuries don't make Green a bad pick. Dion Jordan being a moron is something that can be picked up pre-draft.

And how many of those superstars could your keep under contract and field a 53 man roster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing is, if you draft well, then you can let old, expensive FA walk, take the compensation picks and draft and develop their younger, cheaper replacements.

Yeah you really can't put injury busts on the same plane as Dion. A critical injury is terrible luck for a player who would have given his all. Dion is just a fat, lazy, drugged up pos who has basically robbed our football team.

I think the fact that Miami gave up a second rounder to trade up factors in as well.

Sometimes people need to get things cleaned up, give him a break. He's injured this time, it's not like he's smoking pot again. I don't care if we cut him, but he's really a non factor, so why discuss?

The front office of this team is filled with losers.
The only way the Fins get better is when Ross sells the team.
I have pretty much accepted this reality.

Dion Jordan will probably be out of the league within 18 months.

Back
Top Bottom