Disappointing to be 0-1 with the Bills coming to Town. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Disappointing to be 0-1 with the Bills coming to Town.

Not if he doesn't win by 150 points and throw for half a million yards.
imagine yesterday if tua had these stats : 26 / 49 for 270 yds. zero TD's, 2 ints. sacked 3 times. total pts 3 field goals for 9 pts

those were Mahomes stats in the sb so i guess he sucks. couldn't carry his team.. gimme a freakin break with tua.
i'm not saying he is the answer but i'm certainly going to root for anyone who puts on a dolphin uniform and gives it his all.

now it's at a point with some fans that they'd rather the dolphins lose and prove that they were right about tua.

hell i was PISSED when the dolphins drafted marino because our defense had just gotten run over by john riggins. i realized i was wrong pretty soon. lol

if Mac Jones is the second coming of Bart Starr, Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Johnny Unitas, all rolled into one pudgy package, what prevented him from putting up more than one touchdown and defeating us?

that wasn't our best defensive performance, but even if it was, the Mighty Mac Jones should have dropped at least 25 on us at home, right?
and if it wasn't for that BS roughing the passer penalty he would have ZERO td's.. boy mac jones must be a bust. lol

It was an excellent win. I was hoping for more, but as the game went on I could tell it was going to be a dog fight, and I should have known it would be. Shame on me for underestimating The Dark Lord on kickoff weekend.
But that win is huge- if we can manage a split with Buffalo, take NE at home, and hopefully sweep the Jets, that's 5-1 in the division. I don't know if all that is do-able, but I don't think it's ridiculous either.
I under estimated them as well.

Mac was far more poised than expected and NE's o-line really was winning at the POA.

Thank goodness for you Xavien Howard. You are worth every single penny.

My biggest concern though was on O. I'm really starting to think we won't be able to be creative enough at using all of our weapons.

The play calling really lacked fluidity.

Fingers crossed we can find a rhythm. Why did we abandon the run so quick after that first drive?

and if it wasn't for that BS roughing the passer penalty he would have ZERO td's.. boy mac jones must be a bust. lol
he's just a physically and athletically limited player.

we shall see if there is any room on the upside.

I under estimated them as well.

Mac was far more poised than expected and NE's o-line really was winning at the POA.

Thank goodness for you Xavien Howard. You are worth every single penny.

My biggest concern though was on O. I'm really starting to think we won't be able to be creative enough at using all of our weapons.

The play calling really lacked fluidity.

Fingers crossed we can find a rhythm. Why did we abandon the run so quick after that first drive?
good oline play and confidence in the oline opens up the running game, deep shots, you name it.

until the line is playing cohesively, you are going to see a lot of what you refer to as "lacking fluidity."

just like Ol' Queasy Joe Philbin, eventually your play calling will be at the mercy of your line's abilities.

Watched the game was sure we won in Foxboro against Bellicheat at home but jeez come to this forum and I see so many disgruntled fans.

Sure we need to improve from Tua to the oline to the dline but c'mon man we beat NE on opening day in their stadium.

Does a win not do anymore? Will it not count later on?

You're not wrong. I also went into this opener hoping I would see a Tua coming-out-party where he was going to showcase why the critics are wrong. After that first drive for a touchdown, I became convinced it was happening. What happened is the play-calling seemed to lay down. Suddenly we were passing for 6-7 yards on first down, rushing for -1 to 2 yards, and then finding ourselves facing third down and a few, and it went to blah from there. I wanted them to pour it on, and I came away disappointed.

Put simply, New England is not a bad defense. Teams are not going to bury them often. They adjusted after our first drive, and that is to be expected.

Tua makes a lot of very quick very effective passes -- everybody has got to give that to the kid. He finds receivers, and those receivers are often on the move and ready to rumble. That's a very good thing to watch.

So what we need to do is look for a team in the schedule whose defense is mediocre, and we need to expect at least 4 TDs for the kid. He scored 2 TDs against the Patriots yesterday. Expecting a 4 TD game is not unreasonable when we face a bad team.

good oline play and confidence in the oline opens up the running game, deep shots, you name it.

until the line is playing cohesively, you are going to see a lot of what you refer to as "lacking fluidity."

just like Ol' Queasy Joe Philbin, eventually your play calling will be at the mercy of your line's abilities.
I agree.

But the first drive we were getting the ball out of Tua's hand with quick pass play design. Which opened up the ground game.

And then we went away from that the rest of the first half.

Made no sense.

But I agree, we need Jackson back and we need to gel up front.

I gotta say, the kid looked solid…but our scheme kinda made it easy for what they were doing between the 20s…and he mostly avoided X.

That and we weren’t stellar in the pressure department.
His ability to face the zero blitz scheme and find the outlet under pressure was impressive.

I see posters disappointed because they expected a rout. If you set those expectations then I guess you are disppointed.

How often does Bellicheat and NE get routed at home.....especially on opening day.
Bing bing! We got a winner!

That's exactly right. But the Pats played well. Mac Jones had an excellent game for a rookie in his first game. Their D had good coverage everywhere, they did not allow anything after the catch. They looked well-coached (as did we). Even so, the game went down to the wire, so we must have down something right... and the key turnover when all seemed lost for us. Not that in the past the turnover would have been enough to win. Three-and-out, punt and we still lose. So credit to this team, you'd have to go back decades to find a Dolphin team that could've beat this Patriots team the way they played yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom