Disgusted | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Disgusted

That last line was the same line I told my wife when Ricky quit to smoke weed.:boohoo: My wife still laughs at me for that line. As if my whole life depended on what Ricky did.

I think people are getting too rapped up in the mans own world. Our FO prob told him they had other plans and def once they dropped the meeting. JT gave us a chance but we are moving on.

JT should not be blamed for anything. It takes two to dance.

Ricky quitting hurt. He quit on his team, he quit on the fans, and he quit for a reason that was so ridiculous it was mind boggling. It hurt extra because he was still in his prime. Taylor isn't. But he's built a legendary career in Miami that included a revival of the Dolphin-Jet rivalry caused by his alleged hatred of that franchise. Now he went back on that. I can't forgive that, he's a liar.

Not JT's fault our office didnt show any interest in him. When will people see that the Dolphins didn't want him? What's he gonna do, go beg them for a contract? The Jets have been patient and welcoming to him, and he STILL gave the Dolphins time to offer something.

On a good note consider this:

Three seasons ago: Dolphins' record with Jason Taylor = 1-15
Two seasons ago: Dolphins record without Jason Taylor (Redskins) = 11-5
Last season: Dolphins' record with Jason Taylor (from Redskins) = 7-9

Anyone else see a pattern here?:up:

On a good note consider this:

Three seasons ago: Dolphins' record with Jason Taylor = 1-15
Two seasons ago: Dolphins record without Jason Taylor (Redskins) = 11-5
Last season: Dolphins' record with Jason Taylor (returning from Redskins) = 7-9

Anyone else see a pattern here? C'mon, try to have SOME sort of silver lining in this!

You could look at that and say Jason Taylor just REALLY wants to win (leaves 1-15 team for the Redskins, leaves Redskins for 11-5 Dolphins, leaves 7-9 Dolphins for 9-7/AFC Runner up Jets).

But that's just laughable.....

Everybody knows he left Miami to be on SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE :3w:

Not JT's fault our office didnt show any interest in him. When will people see that the Dolphins didn't want him? What's he gonna do, go beg them for a contract? The Jets have been patient and welcoming to him, and he STILL gave the Dolphins time to offer something.

Our front office showed interest in him last year, he didn't show interest in return. I know he felt kind of hurt by us for the way he was treated before he left the first time, but i figured he could bury that since he was back with the Dolphins again. So i don't want to hear that disrespect crap, unwanted by us but not by the Jets, get real. Whats wrong with waiting until the draft is over to see where Jason Taylor will fit on your team?

He's a fraud. End of story. Good riddance.

SpaceMountain, here's my take from another thread. I think you and I have some of the same ideas going right now bro!

"If Taylor were truly the 'victim' here, he would be telling everyone how he thought the Jets might be a good fit, but in the end he couldn't EVER see himself in the puke-green uniform (or Patsie blues) that he hated throughout his whole career.

Look at Zach Thomas. Miami releases him and he could have gone to NE or NYJ. Instead he goes to a team that is not rivaled with Miami and finishes his career in a classy way. Thomas held no ill will towards the Dolphins, even when releasing him sent the 'we don't want you anymore' message.

Taylor couldn't hope to have the kind of decency Thomas displayed at the end of his career. Signing with the Jets is wrong in so many ways and REEKS of desperation and/or greed. I'm not saying Taylor couldn't pursue better interests and sign elsewhere, just not with the Patriots AND ESPECIALLY WITH THE JETS. This isn't like Miami traded him to NYJ or told him they don't want him back. Seeing how this FO operates (look at the financial parameters put on the Clark and Rolle deals), Miami likely put an offer on the table that didn't fit Taylor's liking and he decides to hope the SexyRexy Bandwagon up in NewYork.

I had a lot of respect for JT and his years of service with the Dolphins. I lost that respect for him today."

Reviewing this post with the 'revelations' of today's news, apparently Miami DID reach out to Taylor and offered him an extension last year. JT obviously felt it wasn't worth taking. Miami made an effort to sign him, he declined. Now he wants to play 'woe is me' with the media. Like you said SpaceMountain, just disgusted.

You could look at that and say Jason Taylor just REALLY wants to win (leaves 1-15 team for the Redskins, leaves Redskins for 11-5 Dolphins, leaves 7-9 Dolphins for 9-7/AFC Runner up Jets).

But that's just laughable.....

Everybody knows he left Miami to be on SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE :3w:

It may not be so laughable though to think he just jumps ship every time things look like they're getting rough. He wanted to be back here so bad after Miami had that huge rebound year and Washington was mediocre. Then Miami has the same year Washington did before and the Jets had a big rebound year. Lo-and-behold where does he want to be? Right up in f-ing New York.

Looks like JT might have that 'grass is always greener on the other side' mentality. Though if I had to REALLY guess at his motivations, he sees New York as the big spotlight he craves AND they were indeed a playoff team last season (even if they did back in) so they have a good chance of being good this year too and bringing him more attention as part of their 'big wins' or something.

But you can't even compare Thomas to Taylor.

Lets say Thomas DID sign with the Jets. It would hurt yes, but it wouldn't make him into a total liar/hypocrite because he never said he hated the Jets, hated their fans, and talked trash about them and their players before every game against them.

This isn't the traditional beloved player moves to divisional rival. This man is a liar by moving to a divisional rival that he said he "despised".

He lied about hating the Jets or he wouldn't have signed with them. He lied about wanting to stay in Florida with his family or he would have accepted the Dolphins contract extension or waited until after the draft to sign with us.

He lied about getting only one offer (if he even said this, i'm unsure, i think his agent said there were other offers).

He's a liar.

The greatest football player that ever lived was offered a contract 10 years ago with the Vikings, but Dan said no, I can never wear anything but a dolphin jersey, and Marino retired. CLASS!

The greatest football player that ever lived was offered a contract 10 years ago with the Vikings, but Dan said no, I can never wear anything but a dolphin jersey, and Marino retired. CLASS!

And Dan Marino was a SUPER competitor who had a burning desire to win. He could have easily joined a Vikings team that at the time was Super Bowl caliber and perhaps road them to a Super Bowl, but he didn't. When he felt unwanted by the Dolphins he retired. Being a Dolphin had meaning to him. He didn't use us as a pedestal to get a ticket to a big market team and become an actor.....Which Taylor must be doing here because this move just doesn't make sense for him, if he truly does "hate" New York.

I agreed with the op until I heard this:

http://wqam.com/index.php?page=347

Listen to Zach about what they did to Jason

Sid has such a hidden hatred for the Dolphins, amazing how he continued to hammer Zach to admit the Dolphins right now under the Trifecta is not living up the the great tradition, then in another ealier audio w/ Benigno (Radio Host/BIG Jets fan), he is heard telling him Miami cheated against his Jets in the 82 Championship game....wow

Jason had a problem that Miami is not giving him a contract...go to another Team, but going to the Jets....very very bad move.

There you go, I had forgotten that, there is another class act just like Zach, these are guys that are proud to be Dolphins, and continue to prove it every day.

Think it was a bad move for the Jets. He hasn't done anything in two years, and you're paying 3.75 mil. I don't blame him for taking that kind of money - considering his abilities. I guess you guys are kind of screwed in terms of draft picks, but I would have rather reached for an OLB in the 1st than overpay Taylor. I'll be surprised if he gives you six sacks next season.

But, but, Rex guaranteed 12-15 sacks. He will be coming from all angles.

So, if I get this straight........he was suppose say no to the Jets and wait after the draft to see if the fins have an opportunity to draft his replacement instead of signing a contract that was more then double what he made last year w/a playoff team?!?!?

Some fans (not the majority) are COMPLETELY DELUSIONAL!!

OMFG

Someone note the date and time.

I just completely and totally, 100% agreed with Space ...

... I need to sit down. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom