Disgusted | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Disgusted

Perhaps look to location rather than team.

Boston not so great.

NY= Media attention, celebrity, guest spot on "Good Morning America" or a host of other shows, Media, .....Oh, and sucking up to the camera when they film "Hard Knocks"?

He has stated that he wants to be remembered as a "actor".

I'm sure his agent is giddy over the possibilities.

What about state income taxes? I bet Jason Taylor isn't happy about having to pay those now.

This doesn't bother me one bit. Kinda like the Brett Favre deal with him leaving Green Bay to eventually sign with the Minnesota Vikings...the only difference is that Brett Favre was arguably the best QB in the League in 2009 and had taken the Packers to the Super Bowl in the past. Even though Favre waivered year after year Green Bay was willing to let him go, they really didn't want him, but they DID NOT WANT HIM IN MINNESOTA OR THE NFC NORTH!!

Jason Taylor on the other hand will NOT be the best DE/LB in 2010 with the JETS and he never even got the Dolphins to the NFL Championship, let alone a Super Bowl like Favre. Miami could really care less where he went. So do I blame Jason Taylor for leaving and going to the rival Jets, no, do I blame Miami for letting him go, no. Don't get me wrong, I love Jason Taylor, but reality is reality and Jason Taylor is well beyond playing to the same standard of his MVP Season......so like the old saying goes....out with the old, in with the new.

He was hurt in 2008 with the Redskins....got hurt last year and looked like crap on first and second down. Just like in 2008 Jason will play for another team, thinking he has a chance at a Super Bowl...and all he'll get is a Super Letdown when Miami rises to the occasion and whoops the JETS A$S...again and we're in the playoffs and NY is at home thinking WTF just happened! Rex Ryan will be back at the Golden Corral Buffett tearing up some chicken and bisquits with a fat bowl of ice cream making excuses for why Miami beat the Jets again....for the 4th and 5th time in a row. Jason Taylor will be back on another realty TV Series.....probably the Ultimate Fighter er "Ferry" prancing around Ice skaters and gay rights activists.

But hey if he does well and tears Henne and Jake Long a new A$S so be it. Good for him. But if he doesn't, what will it matter to the Dolphins? Nothing.

I realize i'm beating a dead horse here but i don't think i've ever had such a sickening feeling about a Dolphins player in all my years of being a fan. I'm enraged right now. How could Jason Taylor do this to us? How could he willingly sign with the enemy, a team who he's professed his hatred for over the many years he's played in Miami? It's just pathetic. How do you go sink low enough to sign with a division rival just because you want to continue a dwindling career that is hanging on by a thread? I know we didn't reach out to sign him.....But i truly believe had he waited until after the draft we would have. Has the guy not earned enough money? Is that why he signed with the Jets for a little bit extra than he would have gotten in another week or two.

Unreal.

I'm ashamed, ashamed to say i defended him all of these years.

This is absolutely classless on his part. He obviously has no regard for the fans who backed and cheered him for the last 13 years (even in DC).

I feel like my heart has been ripped out.[/quote

You should feel disgusted about the FO, not Jason Taylor.

Do you guys even pay attention to anything other than the headlines. Well here then: NEWS FLASH!! Jason Taylor wants to play football! The Phin's refused to offer a contract until and unless they felt like they needed him and then only after the draft. Read: slim chance! No one besides the Jets offered him employment. The Jets would perhaps draft someone making JT even expendable to them if he waited until after the draft. JT has as much a right to work as you and I and if the team he's shed blood sweat and tears for turns its' back on arguably their greatest defender what is he to do?!
The shame is on the front office not on JT. The next regime will restore the respect for Zach and JT and put their names where they belong in the ring of honor. Let's just hope the ******* fans who turn their back on Zach and JT don't turn these two Dolphin greats against the organization. The vocal minority should shut the **** up and sit this one out!

Besides JT will probably tank their season on purpose!

JT had a job in N.Y. waiting for him even after the draft if he wanted it. He coulda at least waited to see what Miami's situation was after the draft.

So, if I get this straight........he was suppose say no to the Jets and wait after the draft to see if the fins have an opportunity to draft his replacement instead of signing a contract that was more then double what he made last year w/a playoff team?!?!?

Some fans (not the majority) are COMPLETELY DELUSIONAL!!

Glad the Bills always make the playoffs!

I love everyone bashing JT for being a liar and a hyprocrite. I'm sure none of you have told a lie in your life, or been hyprocritical, or hurt anyone's feelings.

You guys hold your idols to some high, high standards. I gave up idolizeing athletes and wearing shirts with other men's names across the back of them quite some time ago. I suggest more of you join the movement.

Conversely, when I dogged on JT for not being this great leader......I guess I'm right now, aren't I? Aaaaaaaaaaand all you guys that told me I should go root for the Pats and the Jets because I was "bashing" JT will write me a nice note now, hm?

I won't hold my breath.

Some of you guys really need to get in touch with your inner child, and strangle that little ****er. JTs a man, and he needs to do what he thinks is in his best interests, just like every single one of you would do in real life. I understand some of you have never been in that position because of your age, or position in life, but I promise you at some point you'll have to make a choice that might hurt some people. Think about how judgemental you were about this when that day comes.

JT had a job in N.Y. waiting for him even after the draft if he wanted it. He coulda at least waited to see what Miami's situation was after the draft.
Unless, of course, the Jets drafted an OLB to fill that void and negate their need for JT.
But hey, he should take that risk of losing double the money he made with us last year to be loyal to us his fan base. (note sarcasm here) Come on, most of you are less loyal to your own wives, much less your own profession! The man has a right to work and you guys have a right to despise him for doing so I guess. But like it or not he will be in our Ring of Honor and perhaps in the HOF as a Dolphin. Not a Jet, not an actor, a Dolphin. Where will your loyalties be at that time?

Some of you are seriously over reacting about this. It's his life he can do whatever the you know what with it. The guy took 3.5 million to play for a team when nobody else was offering jack, and the team he wanted to play for and would have played for less didn't want him back. If you blame him for this you are crazy IMO.

thats why u dont put nobody else name or your back besides your own...... i root for the DOLPHINS .....

It's his life and he can do whatever he wants...it's our lives to and we have the right to hate on him.

I blame the FO for bringing him back in the first place. THAT was a bad idea. Also, I have never liked his Locker Room Interviews...he always had a defeatist attitude that rubbed me the wrong way.

I never liked his openly crude comments about the jets and their fans, as I do feel that was not something a "classy" player would do. I always backed him because he was a phin, but in reality...his character is pretty ****ty.

I think even sparano is ok with him gone. This is his team, not porters, not taylors...the mindset some of these vets have with their larger than life persona and ego is not what parcells/sparano consider a benefit.

Stop sippin the zach and taylor cool-aid. Zach is his brother in law first off. Second, zach himself refused to sign w rivals. 3rd get real ok. Jason taylor is a future hall of famer and he is in good shape. After the draft all the smart teams would look into it and hed find a few suitors. This "he wants to win" **** is everywhere n that's what this is. He wants to play for the media darlings, get on tv, get on hardknocks, and thinks they r better than us period. We offered this clown an extension in nov. He turned it down. Ricky takes them every year. This arrogant pompous jerk knew hed have offers post draft. He signed with the jets to spite the. Front office for even having the audacityyy to make little jason wait. He's a hypocrit. And my jet fan friends plan on booing him.

Stop sippin the zach and taylor cool-aid. Zach is his brother in law first off. Second, zach himself refused to sign w rivals. 3rd get real ok. Jason taylor is a future hall of famer and he is in good shape. After the draft all the smart teams would look into it and hed find a few suitors. This "he wants to win" **** is everywhere n that's what this is. He wants to play for the media darlings, get on tv, get on hardknocks, and thinks they r better than us period. We offered this clown an extension in nov. He turned it down. Ricky takes them every year. This arrogant pompous jerk knew hed have offers post draft. He signed with the jets to spite the. Front office for even having the audacityyy to make little jason wait. He's a hypocrit. And my jet fan friends plan on booing him.

I think he's in for a rude awakening the first time he dances out onto the Jets field, half if not more of the stadium will be booing his a@@.
I have no problem with Jason looking for work but to go to the Jets???? When Zach was no longer needed here he had offers from division a rival and took the high road. He would not change his stance or feeling for an organization and went elsewhere, that is the only problem I have with this whole thing. Jason has shown himself to be a hypocrite while his brother in law was a man and stuck to his guns.
See ya twinkle toes, hope you pull a hammy

He did it Because he thought it was his only option.
If the folks who call the shots could get rid of people like Shula or Laundry a player like JT or just about anyone should be no surprise.
I understand that it was different regimes but it is a buisness and it caan be ruthless.

Back
Top Bottom