DJ Fluker transformed | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DJ Fluker transformed

Fluker's problem has always been the fact that he is less than nimble. He's NEVER had the feet of a Tackle, and was forced to move inside.

If this body sculpting has helped his quickness, then it'll be beneficial... but if he's just prettier... or a bit stronger... it really won't matter.

Let's hope that he has gained a half step and a bit of lateral mobility. THAT would be huge.

Hopefully Kindley is watching this.
Sorry, you cannot coach foot speed.

Hmmm...... Speaking only about an O-linemans footwork, both coming out of his stance, and in general.

Probably not at his age, but for a younger player, I disagree.
May be you are right, but thats what I heard all along. Like QB pocket presence, or WR pure speed, foot speed is something you cannot coach up.

May be you are right, but thats what I heard all along. Like QB pocket presence, or WR pure speed, foot speed is something you cannot coach up.
WR/straight line speed I agree. Hard to make improvement there.

Young O-linemen do countless drills designed to improve "off the line" step combinations. They work.

Now, it is also true that some guys just have "heavy feet" and no matter what they do, they will never be great in that attribute.

Hmmm...... Speaking only about an O-linemans footwork, both coming out of his stance, and in general.

Probably not at his age, but for a younger player, I disagree.
I agree. Agility training and form training can transform footwork. I see it on HS fields all the time.

I know a former GT tackle (never played NFL) that says he never would have made the team without his weekly personal agility coach.

Back
Top Bottom