Do not resign Tua | Page 50 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do not resign Tua

He also has had a better team. Is that really controversial. I'm not saying tua is better than Allen, but wins are a team stat.

Thats actually the point.

Allen has a better team.

The facts are simple. Miamis offense or Tua, NEEDS to do more to win games then Allen and Buffalo's offense.

That's not even debatable.

The facts is, this year, Miami and Tua has been more successful and more responsible for their wins then Josh Allen and their offense.

This is proven by the output of both teams offenses and defenses

I get defending Tua, I really do. But to what end? Against josh Allen? Are you serious. I’d take him over 30 qbs in the nfl. Tua is about to be healthy(hold our breaths) for his first playoff game. Stop holding on to stupid stats. Allen is going to have his team in contention year after year. This isn’t even debatable by sain people.
It's the mindset of this board. We beat Dallas a few weeks ago and instead of giving props to Jason Sanders, somehow Tua played a masterful game! Anyways Taking Tua over Allen is crazy!! I remember when posters would point out that Herbert is the better QB because of his stats, but because Tua had a better win/loss record he was the better QB. Now we have the same scenario with Allen and all of a sudden Tua is better when Allen has the better overall winning record. It's just crazy to see how deep people go to prove how Tua is better. I even saw a post about the Bills defense getting turnovers and how Allen was benefitting from it.

It's the mindset of this board. We beat Dallas a few weeks ago and instead of giving props to Jason Sanders, somehow Tua played a masterful game! Anyways Taking Tua over Allen is crazy!! I remember when posters would point out that Herbert is the QB better because of his stats, but because Tua had a better win/loss record he was the better QB. Now we have the same scenario with Allen and all of a sudden Tua is better when Allen has the better overall winning record. It's just crazy to see how deep people go to prove how Tua is better. I even saw a post Bills defense getting turnovers and how Allen was benefitting from it.
1. Literally no one said he was better.
2. Sanders has a great game and props to him. I just think it's funny that when we win a close game you all will go out of your way to praise anyone else, but when we lose, its all on tua. Be consistent.
3. Sorry, did the bills not benefit from turnovers last week?

It's the mindset of this board. We beat Dallas a few weeks ago and instead of giving props to Jason Sanders, somehow Tua played a masterful game! Anyways Taking Tua over Allen is crazy!! I remember when posters would point out that Herbert is the QB better because of his stats, but because Tua had a better win/loss record he was the better QB. Now we have the same scenario with Allen and all of a sudden Tua is better when Allen has the better overall winning record. It's just crazy to see how deep people go to prove how Tua is better. I even saw a post Bills defense getting turnovers and how Allen was benefitting from it.
And some people think just because comparisons are made, it means they think they are saying Tua is better. Stop doing that.

1. Literally no one said he was better.
2. Sanders has a great game and props to him. I just think it's funny that when we win a close game you all will go out of your way to praise anyone else, but when we lose, its all on tua. Be consistent.
3. Sorry, did the bills not benefit from turnovers last week?
That was not the point of my post. I remember clearly in 2020 and 2021 when our defense was one of the top teams creating turnovers. I never seen someone use that as a way to evaluate a QB. That is crazy!! Isn't that what happened during the Titans game, when the offense couldn't move the ball but the defense got turnovers in our redzone, didn't Tua not benefit?? Very strange logic to mention it. To make matters worse we still lost.

Last edited:
We will agree too disagree. The only stat Marino cared about was winning. This has been reiterated by LeBatard and Peter King. Marino saw the Dolphins' attempts at a running game for what they were--inferior (Tony Nathan, Woody Bennett, David Overstreet, Andra Franklin, Pete Johnson, Lorenzo Hampton, Troy Stratford, Sammie Smith, Mark Higgs, Terry Kirby, Bernie Parmalee, Irving Spikes, Karim Abdul-Jabbar, Lawrence Phillips, John Avery, Cecil Collins, and James Johnson) . He believed he was their best chance to win.

I'm not naive enough to believe Dan didn't want to pass every down. But ultimately, he cared about winning. He felt his weapons were the best chance to do that.

Should be "to" not "too". Embarrassing that slipped by.

So a good QB has only been lucky enough to have 2 straight great QB seasons?
I guess being "great" can be defined differently. Have we won a playoff game in the last 2 seasons? Have we sniffed a super bowl? Does he show leadership and drag the team to wins like Marino did when everybody else is having a bad day? I like Tua as a person, no doubt he is a great person, Tua the Pro QB is not so clear cut.
If he can beat Buffalo this weekend and win the 1st playoff game then lets revisit

Im pulling for him...

He also has had a better team. Is that really controversial? I'm not saying tua is better than Allen, but wins are a team stat.
I can’t argue this because I have no way of telling you who has the better team without giving you an opinion, same as you. My argument I guess is that arguing Tua over Josh Allen is just silly at this point in their respective careers.

You mean your opinion sees that.

Reality doesn't show that.
Opinion? The facts are Josh Allen has led his team to the playoffs multiple years. Not sure how that could be construed as opinion. Tua has not started in one playoff game. Again Tua is fine, good qb. I just don’t see any justification in trying to compare him to Josh Allen

I guess being "great" can be defined differently. Have we won a playoff game in the last 2 seasons? Have we sniffed a super bowl? Does he show leadership and drag the team to wins like Marino did when everybody else is having a bad day? I like Tua as a person, no doubt he is a great person, Tua the Pro QB is not so clear cut.
If he can beat Buffalo this weekend and win the 1st playoff game then lets revisit

Im pulling for him...
You can’t blame the younger crowd I’ve realized. Years of misery have led them to charge in with player stats when we know after another 10 years no one cares about that stuff.

Weird take. We currently have a better record than the bills despite our injury issues, especially on the OL.
It’s a weird take to say Josh Allen over Tua? And Tua hasn’t played one playoff game? I’d like to see a USA poll to show me how weird of a take that is.

This offensive system is EXTREMELY QB friendly. It does require a cerebral QB however. McDaniel has turned an average, immobile QB from an average, meh guy to a top 10 QB. Imagine what he can do with an actual good QB who ya know, can stand in the pocket for longer than 2.5 seconds.

Imagine having an NFL QB who cannot get hit. WTF? Allen/Hurts/LJ/Mahomes/Burrow are monsters. They can extend plays and put their teams on their backs. Oh and their fans dont cringe when they get tackled (well Burrow maybe ;) )

Tua is what he will always be.. He cannot get hit, he needs to get the ball out in under 2.5 seconds, he cannot escape with his legs, he lacks any mobility, he cannot extend plays, he absolutely shits the bed against top teams. Someone look it up, his record against winning teams is something like 3-12

Sign Russ or Kirk who has balled in the playoffs

If you're a fan of Tua, that's awesome.. Just know, he is not capable of LEADING this team to a super bowl. He needs an opportunistic defense and almost perfect OL play.

The quicker we rip the bandaid off, the better it will be in the long run
I think I hear your mom calling you. You should probably answer her before she kicks you out of her basement.

Back
Top Bottom