Do The Fins Really Have The Most Boring Qb In The Nfl???? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do The Fins Really Have The Most Boring Qb In The Nfl????

Trent Dilfer...... or more directly:

Maybe Seattle doesn't win it with Matt Flynn, but they likely win it with 15 or 20 other QBs. Why do I think that? Let me dig into my list of OBSCURE STATS.....

Seattle won a playoff game against the Saints on the way to their (not his) SB win with Wilson (and the rest of the passing offense) posting a stat line of:

9 out of 18 for 103 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs, and a passer rating of 67.6.

In their second run to the SB, they beat GB while putting up this gem:

14 out of 29 for 209 yards, 1 TD, 4 INTs, and a passer rating of 44.3.

That's wins against two future first ballot HOF QBs.

In fact, since his rookie year, the Seattle passing offense has put up one stinker every year in the playoffs including passer ratings of 67.6, 44.3, 63.3, and 75.

It takes a very, very, very good defense and running to overcome such piss poor passing games. It is absolutely remarkable that they are 3 - 1 in those games.
Russel Wilson wins with a run game? Superstar! His defense was just there for the ride obviously

Well Tannehill is a dual threat QB same as Wilson, Luck, Mike Vick, RGIII, etc... If he is boring, what makes Andrew Luck less boring?

Luck is 10-12 over the last THREE seasons behind his crap line.
He also has led his Team to the playoffs multiple times behind poor lines and less than a perfect supporting cast. Luck has played behind bad lines most of his career.

In 2012, PFF ranked Luck’s O-line as 31st in the league. But Luck was still able to make the Colts 7th in passing. In 2013, he had the 25th worst O-line, but made the Colts 17th in passing (the Dolphins highest ranking under Tannehill). Last but not least, in 2016 his O-line was once again ranked 25th, and once again he put the Colts in the Top 10 in passing at #5.

I’m not sure why we are still comparing Luck and Tannehill.

Last edited:
Luck is 10-12 over the last THREE seasons behind his crap line.
Classic example of how you use win loss percentage of a QB when convenient for you, yet refute it immediately as a useless stat when it is against RT.

Let’s look at both QBs full body of work, shall we? Or maybe we just review Lucks last 22 games with injuries and RTs streak of phenomenal 6 games in 2016.

I certainly don't blame RT for following his Drs advice at all, thats what your suppose to do and anybody and I mean anybody who wants to argue otherwise just doesn't think clearly. You want to spread around blame then look no further than Gase. As head coach its your job to stack the deck in your favor in situations like this. Gase didn't even try. Why in Gods green earth he kept Matt Moore around as the primary backup if Gase didn't believe Moore couldn't get the job done. Moore carried us into the playoffs in 2016 when RT went down and appeared to do a decent job, better than I expected anyway. So suddenly in 2017 Moore is a issue not a answer. Wow Gase really disappointed me last year with how he handled this situation, and when Gase did give Moore a opportunity IMO to play QB again IMO it was in the toughest matchups. It looked to me that Gase was attempting to validate his decision to play Cutler over Moore. Very disappointed in our coach over this. Again glad he didn't draft a QB this year but instead used that pick or picks to fill the holes on the roster, so if RT stays healthy and we have a awful season it falls squarely on the head coach and not a player.

Stop the nonsense. It was HIS decision!

Disregarding everything stated in this thread, I'd agree with OP's statement--we have the most boring QB room in the NFL. Tannehill's future with the team will greatly depend on how he performs this year. A more stable OL with an offense built to get the ball out quick and adequate weapons around should be enough. Same or worse outcome could result in an Alex Smith situation wherein T-Hill is traded, which I wouldn't be opposed to. Would love to finally have multiple picks on day 1 and 2.

In their second run to the SB, they beat GB while putting up this gem:

14 out of 29 for 209 yards, 1 TD, 4 INTs, and a passer rating of 44.3.
But but but...all this doesn't matter because Wilson led the game-winning drive! You know like Tannehill did against Seattle in the opener 2016. Too bad the Dolphins defense didn't want Tannehill to win that day.

Stop the nonsense. It was HIS decision!

Oh, really? You mean when players sign a NFL contract, they’re not subject to medical decisions being made on their body against their will?

Of course it was his decision. What’s your point? Everyone agreed that what he was doing would fix the problem. They were all wrong.

Classic example of how you use win loss percentage of a QB when convenient for you, yet refute it immediately as a useless stat when it is against RT.

It's called turning the tables to point out your hypocrisy. I don't think either player should be defined totally by their record, but that's all you do and unfortunately, it blows up in your face.

He also has led his Team to the playoffs multiple times behind poor lines and less than a perfect supporting cast. Luck has played behind bad lines most of his career.

In 2012, PFF ranked Luck’s O-line as 31st in the league. But Luck was still able to make the Colts 7th in passing. In 2013, he had the 25th worst O-line, but made the Colts 17th in passing (the Dolphins highest ranking under Tannehill). Last but not least, in 2016 his O-line was once again ranked 25th, and once again he put the Colts in the Top 10 in passing at #5.

I’m not sure why we are still comparing Luck and Tannehill.

Because the statement that brought it up was "it is a what have you done for me lately league". And I asked (rhetorically) , "What has Luck done lately?" Apparently, he is one of the Tannehaters' list of QBs that gets judged by different criteria than Tannehill. You did it again in the post above. You pointed out Luck's 2016 season as an example of him being better than Tannehill DESPITE HIM HAVING A WORSE RECORD IN 2016 THAN TANNEHILL.

We are also comparing Luck and Tannehill because they are not nearly as far apart as you imagine.

Finally, we are comparing Luck and Tannehill because it counters your moronic #QBWINZ attitude, because once Indy wasn't playing in a division with 3 other crappy teams, the QB stopped winning.

Last edited:
Also let's not forget that Luck was drafted as a surefire can't miss once in a generation prospect who was expected to produce out of the gates where as Tannehill was seen as a project due to his limited college experience.

Back
Top Bottom