Do The Fins Really Have The Most Boring Qb In The Nfl???? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do The Fins Really Have The Most Boring Qb In The Nfl????

One things for sure... He's definately the topic of the most predictable and boring FH threads AINEC...

Wow! My OP has turned into a bashing vs.defending RT posting party, I guess I should have seen that coming. My intentions were for us to discuss the merits of this moronic caller or maybe he has a point? Not a love/hate fest of RT. Lord knows we have enough posts about that topic already. I for one am hoping that #RT17 proves everybody wrong and becomes the apple of our eye once again (yes I am a staunch supporter and believer). Boy, I don't know about you guys/gals but I am going stir crazy without my favorite sport!!!!! Bring on the season already..............

As one caller into ESPN Radio suggested last night? I was driving home and he questioned what the heck the Dolphins were doing? He claimed not to be Dolphins fan and went on to say that Tannehill is the most non-clutch, most injury prone QB in the NFL (say what?). I was screaming at the radio. He claimed that by not moving up to grab a QB in the draft that the Dolphins have no clue as to what they are doing. The radio host agreed with him stating that he thought that the AFC East would be 3 rookies at QB and the GOAT. He did mention that RT is only 29 and that coach Gase believes in him but that didn't stop him from re-iterating his stance that he was sure that the Dolphins should have moved up and drafted a QB.
I don't know what to say other than RT has had really one injury that morphed itself into a second season when he didn't elect to have the surgery. Also he's pretty darn exciting as a Dolphins' fan to watch, at least to me anyway. What do you want the re-incarnation of #13??? So NY Radio does have some interest in the Fins, though misguided it might be I say bring on the season already and let's show them some surprisingly exciting football (Fingers crossed)..............

You know when you are a child and you begin to learn that you don't need to, nor should you articulate every little thought that pops into your head. Did you fail to go through that stage?

You know when you are a child and you begin to learn that you don't need to, nor should you articulate every little thought that pops into your head. Did you fail to go through that stage?

The irony is strong here.

Funny how you’ve added nothing to the discussion. As usual.
Don't need to aside from calling out the predictable high volume, low value anti-Tannehill OCD rainmanish posts that the 8% "Hollow Drummers" invariably detract from RT17 discussions as usual. Buffalo Fin Fan is more than adequately pwning you "guys," IMO it's being kind not to pile on.

But just to reiterate, either you root for the success of our designated starting QB because that infers success of the team, or you are not really and truly a fan by the traditional definition and derivation of the word. Hopefully at least you'd agree with that.

Do you have a source confirming that DR Andrews actually RECOMMENDED passing on surgery? I know he and Tannehill met but I assume, if anything, that he gave Ryan a diagnosis and his options moving forward.
No - I don't have a specific source that confirms it. However, at the time the Tannehill knee was a major source of NFL media attention. I do recall Dr David Chow, the former Chargers team doctor, who is a regular on Sirius NFL radio taking a helluva lot of interest in Tannehill and evaluating the options on air - without personally inspecting the knee. One of the options floated by Chow was not having surgery (Dr Chow also stated his great respect for the Dolphins medical team, at the time). Seem to recall that Tannehill definitely flew up and visited Dr Andrews in late 2016 to examine his knee (and thereafter no remedial surgery on the ACL was performed). The MCL was torn but they knew that with time, nature would heal it. The problem was with the ACL and I heard it described as a strain/slight tear. If it was fully torn, then he would need to have the full surgery, the problem was evaluating the precise risk associated with the ACL. I don't know what Dr Andrews and the Dolphins doctors said to Tannehill (who by the way studied pre med at Texas A & M, so he was probably better aware of his anatomy than most players). You are probably right that Dr Andrews presented the options. However, I do know that it was thoroughly examined by the best orthopedic surgeon in the nation (Andrews) and a conscious decision was made by well informed people, not to undertake the ACL surgery at the time. Ultimately, it turned out to be the wrong decision and resulted in a completely wasted season, but I still say that blame should not be directed at Ryan - he was probably following advice.

Last edited:
Do you have a source confirming that DR Andrews actually RECOMMENDED passing on surgery? I know he and Tannehill met but I assume, if anything, that he gave Ryan a diagnosis and his options moving forward.

Here ya go:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article134484399.html

"Team doctors, athletic trainers and Andrews told Tannehill and coaches in December that not having surgery on this particular injury but instead taking on a rigorous workout and healing regimen that spanned approximately two months would bring results just as good as surgery. Tannehill’s regimen concluded in early February."

Back to the point, why is it okay to diminish Tannehill's accomplishments by claiming he played too small of a part in the wins but it is not okay to do exactly the same thing with Wilson? Yet another example of pure hypocrisy and illogical thinking. I'm beginning to realize that you don't even understand you are doing it.

Did you not see the lift that Wilson gave that team? Were they gonna win the SB with Matt Flynn? Do you not see what guys like Deshaun Watson and Jimmy G did for their teams when they were on the field. I know you wanna minimize the qb position to just another player but we all know it’s not. Do you know HOW MANY OBSCURE STATS you've had to research to make your argument valid?! Talk about illogical thinking!

Did you not see the lift that Wilson gave that team? Were they gonna win the SB with Matt Flynn? Do you not see what guys like Deshaun Watson and Jimmy G did for their teams when they were on the field. I know you wanna minimize the qb position to just another player but we all know it’s not. Do you know HOW MANY OBSCURE STATS you've had to research to make your argument valid?! Talk about illogical thinking!
If it's only about the QB, why did the 2nd, 3rd, 7th and 9th rated QBs miss the playoffs last year?

Trent Dilfer...... or more directly:

Maybe Seattle doesn't win it with Matt Flynn, but they likely win it with 15 or 20 other QBs. Why do I think that? Let me dig into my list of OBSCURE STATS.....

Seattle won a playoff game against the Saints on the way to their (not his) SB win with Wilson (and the rest of the passing offense) posting a stat line of:

9 out of 18 for 103 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs, and a passer rating of 67.6.

In their second run to the SB, they beat GB while putting up this gem:

14 out of 29 for 209 yards, 1 TD, 4 INTs, and a passer rating of 44.3.

That's wins against two future first ballot HOF QBs.

In fact, since his rookie year, the Seattle passing offense has put up one stinker every year in the playoffs including passer ratings of 67.6, 44.3, 63.3, and 75.

It takes a very, very, very good defense and running to overcome such piss poor passing games. It is absolutely remarkable that they are 3 - 1 in those games.

Don't need to aside from calling out the predictable high volume, low value anti-Tannehill OCD rainmanish posts that the 8% "Hollow Drummers" invariably detract from RT17 discussions as usual. Buffalo Fin Fan is more than adequately pwning you "guys," IMO it's being kind not to pile on.

But just to reiterate, either you root for the success of our designated starting QB because that infers success of the team, or you are not really and truly a fan by the traditional definition and derivation of the word. Hopefully at least you'd agree with that.
I’ve said numerous times I root for RT. I cheer for this team regardless. I cheered for Ray Lucas and Jay Fiedler and everyone in between, before and after. I am merely a realist in that I have seen RT in good and bad, and believe his ceiling is low.

We were somewhat duped into him with the whole Sherman as OC fiasco. It’s water under the bridge, but we have had a guy who has been learning the nuances of being a QB while learning to play QB in the NFL. I still believe the pick of RT at 7 was a reach and we fell in love with promise over reality given his production through senior year in a limited sample size.

I’d be more then happy to be proven wrong as would all the rest of us. Eventually he gets us somewhere with this team, or any of his teams, and inferior lines and the rest, because others like Luck have succeeded also with crap lines, or we move on. It will happen regardless of what we debate here.

And as far as being pwned, well that’s surely in the eye of the beholder isn’t it. With you being squarely in the RT camp, it’s no wonder you feel this way. Good thing you aren’t judge, or jury, or anything really of any consequence, in deciding that.

Back
Top Bottom