Do The Fins Really Have The Most Boring Qb In The Nfl???? | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do The Fins Really Have The Most Boring Qb In The Nfl????

Not sure why Tannehill and Brees both have the EXACT SAME RECORDS

It is obvious. Their supporting casts weren't good enough. Even a future HOF QB can be dragged down by a poor team for a period of 5 years. Why is it so hard to imagine that the same could be true in Miami?

these years but it does remind me of 1986-1989 for some reason. When Bernie Kosar had a better win loss record than Dan Marino. No one will mistake Kosar for being a better QB than Marino, would they? And no one would think Tannehill is equal to Brees would they? And no one could think switching Marino and Kosar would yield the same win loss records, would they?

Thank God that Marino’s career wasn’t judged solely on these four years. His resume would look horrible.

Improving your supporting team AND your QB is not mutually exclusive.

They are not mutually exclusive, but with player contracts, the salary cap, and draft, they are closely linked. A team simply does not have complete freedom to acquire whomever they want whenever they want. Sorry, but you are simply ignoring reality. For example, moving up to draft a QB would have absolutely come at the expense of improving other parts of the team. That is the point. You cannot have Josh Rosen AND Minkah Fitzpatrick. Get your head around that.

So we've agreed that both a QB can impact the team's record and the rest of the team can impact the team's record. Now it is simply opinion over which was more influential in the Dolphins' record from 2012 - 2016.

I know what I think.

It is obvious. Their supporting casts weren't good enough. Even a future HOF QB can be dragged down by a poor team for a period of 5 years. Why is it so hard to imagine that the same could be true in Miami?

Because Tannehill sucks. ;)

but it most certainly can be the case here too, and no we don't mean that tannehill is a future hof qb either with that statement, don't even try to put those words in his mouth 3rd eye

Hilarious post, thanks for the comic relief Travis. Are you his official Hype Man ?

“We” don’t mean this, and don’t try to put words in “his” mouth. Just classic! Keep this rolling it’s pure genius. I need these subtitles to continue so I can understand the intent of these posts and not infer something from them.

You remind me of the spindly 6th grade boy hiding behind the big kid during an argument all the while saying “yeah! What he said!” while pointing a finger.

Hilarious post, thanks for the comic relief Travis. Are you his official Hype Man ?

“We” don’t mean this, and don’t try to put words in “his” mouth. Just classic! Keep this rolling it’s pure genius. I need these subtitles to continue so I can understand the intent of these posts and not infer something from them.

You remind me of the spindly 6th grade boy hiding behind the big kid during an argument all the while saying “yeah! What he said!” while pointing a finger.
Lol, no, I just know what the typical response would be when seeing that in a post- easier to attack the hof qb bit than the actual content of the post.

Which basically you said - “huh, weird” to. (On the phins/saints) records.

Lol, no, I just know what the typical response would be when seeing that in a post- easier to attack the hof qb bit than the actual content of the post.

Which basically you said - “huh, weird” to. (On the phins/saints) records.
Because teams win and lose based on many factors. However, keeping all factors the same and changing the QB alone can and will affect wins and losses. Case on point, Jay Cutler 2017.

Does anyone in their right minds thing switching RT and Brees for those five seasons while keeping all other factors the same would result in the EXACT SAME RECORDS? Ohh hell no.

Another key point when comparing QBs is when a QB has a history of either being all pro, or going to the playoffs, or winning in the playoffs or even winning a super bowl or combinations etc of the above and other factors, said QB gets a bit of a longer leash than those who have done none of the above. Case in point Dan Marino 1986-1989.

Seriously. What is their record? Is it worth more wins? Or is it 1-31?

We all know it’s worth more wins. Thereby proving the fact that by changing the quarterback IN AND OF ITSELF AND BY ITSELF can and does affect wins.

Is this really so hard? No it’s not.

WOW! Tom Brady would give a team more wins than insert-random-trash-Browns-QB-here?

SHOCKING!

Clearly this PROVES that insert-random-rookie-QB-here would give our team more wins than Tannehill!

:dead

Brady > Brees > Tannehill isn't really much of a point. Trying to grasp what the hell is even being argued reading the last page here but it's legitimately difficult.

Tannehill is a good QB.

A poor supporting cast is only an excuse when the person calling it such thinks the QB sucks regardless. Tannehill's team has not been very good. His offensive lines have been awful to ok....his receiving core has been awful to pretty good, and the defense has pretty much always been bad, as well as the coaching.

What are we even arguing about again? #THill17

WOW! Tom Brady would give a team more wins than insert-random-trash-Browns-QB-here?

SHOCKING!

Clearly this PROVES that insert-random-rookie-QB-here would give our team more wins than Tannehill!

:dead
Not the point.

So what is missing from this year's team that would not allow Tannehill to have a great season?
Is Ryan himself? He did pretty good his last time out. Is it the line? Improved in most opinions. Is it the scheme? Seems like a 3 Rd year of the same offense would starting be settle in nicely. Is it the receivers? I can't complain about any except a lost Parker. I hope he finds himself this year. Is it the RB unit? Seems like Drake is the man, he was the best in the last 4 games of the season. Is it the TE? Looks like a Gronk/Graham we got there.
This looks like a much improved offense. Ryan's going to come in a light it up. Why are there still so many bashers?
Isn't better to be hopeful than to be negative?

Back
Top Bottom