Do You Guys Get Why This Team Needs Tannehill Now? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do You Guys Get Why This Team Needs Tannehill Now?

Taking the positive out of this situation, I like that the vast majority of people have finally seen the reality of Tannehill’s limitations. Despite the annoyance with the team and it’s coaches, slowly but surely the Tannehill “is he good enough to be our franchise Qb” debate is being settled (with only a few holding out).

The REAL problem few are talking about is injuries being a scapegoat for the major, major instrastructure and scheme issues with this franchise. This season is undeniably snakebitten with bad injury luck, and if just enough cronies can convince Ross that is the reason for the meltdown, he will buy it and give everyone the benefit of the doubt. That not only includes the coaches but underperformers like Tannehill, our O line, and D line.

In hindsight, the absolute worst thing that could have happened is our 3-0 start because it feeds this phony “we were an awesome team before the injury bug came” narrative they are likely to trot out.

The real gut punch will come this offseason when minimal changes are undertaken again. I just hope someone in the front office is wise enough to ask fans what they think, because ultimately the only way Ross listens is if there are no fans in the seats due to a lack of hope with this organization.

This team is absolutely better right now with a healthy Tannehill. Anyone who is incapable of seeing or admitting that is far worse than the biggest Tannehill homer. Is it time to build for the future in a different direction? Absolutely. It was that time once Tannehill injured his knee. It’s just becoming more urgent every day.

But for 2018? It’s Tanny if he’s healthy enough to play again. And it might well be for 2019, too, barring a lightning strike in the draft. I don’t see any considerable upgrades coming by FA or trade...they’ll cripple the team’s cap.

This team is absolutely better right now with a healthy Tannehill. Anyone who is incapable of seeing or admitting that is far worse than the biggest Tannehill homer. Is it time to build for the future in a different direction? Absolutely. It was that time once Tannehill injured his knee. It’s just becoming more urgent every day.

But for 2018? It’s Tanny if he’s healthy enough to play again. And it might well be for 2019, too, barring a lightning strike in the draft. I don’t see any considerable upgrades coming by FA or trade...they’ll cripple the team’s cap.

Then u take a year and be absolutely terrible then. You and others don’t understand that. You would rather argue about the best option for us to go 8-8 then realize that is not an option at all. All while spraying a 27 million dollar cap hit on the position in the process.

Luke Falk could go 2-14 in 2019 and I would MUCH rather have that then the obvious 6-10 to 8-8 that I am gonna get with Tannehill.

Not to mention the slighest unknown with a different young unproven QB actually tickles my fancy much more than a sub 20 ppg offense lead by Ryan Tannehill.

For the love of god . . . No more band aiding a broken team with guys who have never deserved the money they have seen with us in FA just to think it is something else besides the most important position on the field is the problem

We have switched head coaches, coordinators, linemen, receivers, running backs, tight ends, etc . . . . Results are the ****ing same . . . Its time to get rid of the one constant that has remained . . . . I am sorry if that is not an understandable concept.

Don't stop believing
Hold on to that feeling

The sooner the non-Tannehill fans get to grips that 1) Ryan will likely finish out the 2018 season and 2) more than likely he will be here for 2019 season the less torture they'll put themselves through.

The sooner the non-Tannehill fans get to grips that 1) Ryan will likely finish out the 2018 season and 2) more than likely he will be here for 2019 season the less torture they'll put themselves through.

Dude we are Dolphin fans . . . .we have all built up an immunity to torture these last 15 years.

Just do whatever you can to get in position to draft Tua in 2020 or Trevor Lawrence in 2021.

Once the team does that it will have hope to win. Until then I’m just enjoying football not expecting anything.

Cleveland would 't trade Mayfield for Tannehill...neither would the Jets (Darnold). AZ jumped us to get Rosen so I doubt them, as well. Buffalo spent a top 10 pick on Allen...doubt that.[/QUOTE) I like pick we got in 1st Rd but how many games will he win for us.all said and done we had chance to get 2qb in top 6 last yr.

QBs that I would take over Tannehill right now: Brady, Darnold, Roethlisberger, Mayfield, Luck, Watson, Mahomes, Rivers, Carr, Wentz, Smith, Prescott, Rodgers, Cousins, Trubisky, Ryan, Brees, Newton, Wilson, Garrapolo, Rosen, Goff. I would be torn between Tannehill and: Marriota, Allen, Flacco, Dalton, Stafford. 22 definite for me. 27 maybe

I would add a back-up in Ryan Fitzpatrick too.

Actually I would trade Tannehill for Winston straight up now. He is a FA and we would be out of the Tannehill contract.

Actually I would trade Tannehill for Winston straight up now. He is a FA and we would be out of the Tannehill contract.
giphy.gif

So much back-and-forth. If there is an upgrade over Tannahill to be had does anyone have a problem with that?

So much back-and-forth. If there is an upgrade over Tannahill to be had does anyone have a problem with that?

This year . . . Nah, that dude needs to return if he is healthy.

Unless something drastically changes in 2018 offensively I am good cutting ties, whether we find a definitive upgrade or not . . . .and the unknown IMO is an upgrade in 2019, for better or for worse.

Back
Top Bottom