Do you think Chad Henne will get the job done this season at QB? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you think Chad Henne will get the job done this season at QB?

Will Chad Henne get it done this season?

• Total voters
No. I expect him to look completely mediocre, sometimes making nice throws, getting us a few first downs, but then being horribly inaccurate and throwing a bunch of INTs and making bad decisions. He is what defines this regime. Average.

That being said, I will cheer for him. I would be ecstatic if he pans out so we don't have to keep wasting picks on QBs, but I don't see that happening.

Now this is a well worded question. It has nothing to do with supporting or rooting for him. Just whether or not I think he'll get the job done. What that job is of course is subjective. My opinion? **** no. Absolutely nothing about him indicates he's a quality starting QB in this league.

COME ON NOW thats a little rash , NOTHING ? he has the arm strenth ,he has the awearness ,he drops back very from center,only thing i see is he needs to read the field better and look for more than one wr but as far as NOTHING ? thats a lil harsh .

Well some people are full of it. The Henne lovers beat the Henne haters in the last poll, but more people think he will fail rather than succeed. So alot of people who are lovers, think he will fail.. Cookoo

I know what so many of you are saying, but stranger things have happened than a QB showing big improvement in his third year, with a new system. We shall see. I am hoping for the entire team to play well.

COME ON NOW thats a little rash , NOTHING ? he has the arm strenth ,he has the awearness ,he drops back very from center,only thing i see is he needs to read the field better and look for more than one wr but as far as NOTHING ? thats a lil harsh .

Tavaris Jackson has arm strength, so does John Beck.. He didn't have awareness last year so it is too early to tell if he has it this year. I hope so but we shall see. Im not sure what you mean by, "He drops back very from center".. If you mean he drops back very well from center, so do alot of failed QB's. Not sure if taking a center snap then dropping back should be considered a positive.. So that leaves the two things field scanning and staring down receivers things he needs to improve on. So from what I mentioned above, he needs to improve on all aspects of his game. The only thing he does very well, is checkdown. Although against Carolina he looked like a real NFL QB, lets see if it sticks. Still needs to get into the endzone though!

Tavaris Jackson has arm strength, so does John Beck.. He didn't have awareness last year so it is too early to tell if he has it this year. I hope so but we shall see. Im not sure what you mean by, "He drops back very from center".. If you mean he drops back very well from center, so do alot of failed QB's. Not sure if taking a center snap then dropping back should be considered a positive.. So that leaves the two things field scanning and staring down receivers things he needs to improve on. So from what I mentioned above, he needs to improve on all aspects of his game. The only thing he does very well, is checkdown. Although against Carolina he looked like a real NFL QB, lets see if it sticks. Still needs to get into the endzone though!

i mean when the ball is hicked he has his head up looking down field like you said and i agree he needs to read the field more and make better decisions (like he did in the carolina game)

As a Fan, I'm hoping Henne does well and exceed all our expectations. Henne is at that point where it's time to put up or shut up. He has all the talent in the world, but that talent has to be consistent with a mental toughness that never waviers. In other words, he has to have mental and physical good consistent games, weekend and weekout. If he's really ready to lead, and uses that arm to find the right target and hit that target over and over again, I'm willing to go to bat for him. Only he can stop himself now...hopefully the pieces around him stay healthy and help him.. EVery elite qb in this league have good OL and receivers around them...giving the qb's YAC.. hopefully in this O and with the new toys we have that capability as well..

I accidentally selected yes, I meant to say no, but Iam rooting for him nonetheless
Hopefully he proves me wrong

i dont know what you mean by "get the job done" if u mean superbowl. its a no. if you mean playoffs? yes, its possible given that our new additions including new offense does much on consistant basis.

i mean when the ball is hicked he has his head up looking down field like you said and i agree he needs to read the field more and make better decisions (like he did in the carolina game)

If we can see the same Henne that was playing against Carolina we will be ok.

i dont know what you mean by "get the job done" if u mean superbowl. its a no. if you mean playoffs? yes, its possible given that our new additions including new offense does much on consistant basis.
Getting the job done means, making the Dolphins perennial playoff contenders but it doesn't end there because just the first round isn't good enough; he has to also make us legit contenders for the AFC championship too. That's what franchise quarterbacks do. Is Henne going to do that for the Dolphins?

Over 30 NFL games and we still have to wait for him to have a break through moment. Not going to happen. Not to say he wont put up big yards against the Clevelands, Detroits, and Bills... wait we lost to those teams. Hennes moment of clarity in the NFL has almost past. If Daboll can succeed with a short passing game and run with 7 to 11 men in the box because of the short passing game we have a chance.

Back
Top Bottom