Do you think Chad Henne will get the job done this season at QB? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you think Chad Henne will get the job done this season at QB?

Will Chad Henne get it done this season?

• Total voters
Over 30 NFL games and we still have to wait for him to have a break through moment. Not going to happen. Not to say he wont put up big yards against the Clevelands, Detroits, and Bills... wait we lost to those teams. Hennes moment of clarity in the NFL has almost past. If Daboll can succeed with a short passing game and run with 7 to 11 men in the box because of the short passing game we have a chance.

First, he's had big games against NE & the Jets also. So him putting "big yards against the Clevelands, Detroits and Bills" isn't true.

Henne's moment of clarity in the NFL has almost past???? HUH??? I have no clue what you are trying to mean by that.

Look, I am not going to waste my time trying to convince anyone who seems to be hell bent on watching Henne fail. All I am saying is if he shows consistency and can do for us what Sanchez has done for the Jets I will be happy. You, I am sure won't be, and will be there waiting for him to mess up once. I'll be there supporting and hoping Henne does well and if he doesn't then he doesn't and the people that know more then me will have to do what they need to so that they can try and fix it.

I'm excited to see this new OC during the regular season. We actually have a team with speed. This is taking me a while to get used to.

For those that hate Henne and can't wait for him to fail enjoy watching the season as you see fit. Thankfully I won't be watching my tv like you.

Yes, I believe this will be a good year for Chad. I like the way he is moving through his progressions. He clearly has a good understanding of this offense. I am not sure any ever understood the offense last year. I expect play equivalent to 85 to 90 QB rating. He will still make the bone head throw, but I expect he does enough for us to win football games. As long as our pass defense is top 10, this is really all we need to make the playoffs. It is all about team QB rating differential and turnover differential. Our defense really let us down in these two categories last year.

COME ON NOW thats a little rash , NOTHING ? he has the arm strenth ,he has the awearness ,he drops back very from center,only thing i see is he needs to read the field better and look for more than one wr but as far as NOTHING ? thats a lil harsh .
You can't judge someone on a single characteristic. I used to play ball with a dude who threw a ball as hard as anyone I have ever seen. He would break hands. But he was 5'7 and athletic as a fat mule. There have been plenty of QBs with arm strength who have fallen right out of this league. I've never seen any sign of Henne putting it together and showing the consistency that's probably the most important thing for a professional. There's nothing about him that elevates or separates him. On top of that, he makes terrible decisions. There's nothing about him that impresses me on the pro level. Actually, that's not totally true. When he first came into the league he showed real guts with how he stood in the pocket and faced the rush. He lost that somewhere along the way though so there's nothing left.

First, he's had big games against NE & the Jets also. So him putting "big yards against the Clevelands, Detroits and Bills" isn't true.

Henne's moment of clarity in the NFL has almost past???? HUH??? I have no clue what you are trying to mean by that.

Look, I am not going to waste my time trying to convince anyone who seems to be hell bent on watching Henne fail. All I am saying is if he shows consistency and can do for us what Sanchez has done for the Jets I will be happy. You, I am sure won't be, and will be there waiting for him to mess up once. I'll be there supporting and hoping Henne does well and if he doesn't then he doesn't and the people that know more then me will have to do what they need to so that they can try and fix it.

I'm excited to see this new OC during the regular season. We actually have a team with speed. This is taking me a while to get used to.

For those that hate Henne and can't wait for him to fail enjoy watching the season as you see fit. Thankfully I won't be watching my tv like you.
:hclap:

Boom!! One of the better posts I've read in a while.. Non believers will believe come the morning after Oct. 12 :)

He had 30 NFL game to to get his **** together. Even in the preseason he cant hide his weakness and TD to INT ratio blows.

Tavaris Jackson has arm strength, so does John Beck.. He didn't have awareness last year so it is too early to tell if he has it this year. I hope so but we shall see. Im not sure what you mean by, "He drops back very from center".. If you mean he drops back very well from center, so do alot of failed QB's. Not sure if taking a center snap then dropping back should be considered a positive.. So that leaves the two things field scanning and staring down receivers things he needs to improve on. So from what I mentioned above, he needs to improve on all aspects of his game. The only thing he does very well, is checkdown. Although against Carolina he looked like a real NFL QB, lets see if it sticks. Still needs to get into the endzone though!

Actually, dropping back from center is one of his biggest weaknesses IMO. He takes baby steps, and doesn't drop back far enough. Channing Crowder would say he has "funny feetwork". While inarticulate in his presentation, he noticed a big flaw in Henne. Not dropping far enough or fast enough is allowing defenses to pressure him too early, leading to INT's and sacks. He looked better during the preseason games on his dropbacks so maybe the coaching staff has been working with him on that. Hopefully so. I still saw him staring down his receivers which is another of his big flaws but I think the new system (spreading the field so he can get the ball out fast) will help him in both regards.

Back
Top Bottom