Do you want the Dolphins to sign P. Manning? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you want the Dolphins to sign P. Manning?

Do you want the Dolphins to sign P. Manning as the starting quarterback for 2012?

• Total voters
Even if Peyton was healthy and did come to Miami I think you would have to take into consideration that more than likely he would probably want to run the offense as he wants to, not the way our new coach wants to and as Reggie Wayne put it "this offense ain't vanilla". I think there would be a huge learning curve for the rest of the offense when he was calling audibles at the line and I can see him tearing Marshall a new one on the sideline after he runs the wrong route and costs the Fins a TD when they get down in the redzone b/c he ran the wrong route.

So whats the down side of this?....

I'ed have to agree with you here, it would really be awkward to see Peyton trying to learn a new offense late in his career. It might be something Philbin explained to Ross (owner) but obviously Ross wants to make a big splash and get fans in his stadium.

Please, you really dont think Peyton can learn a new offense? its Peyton Manning, the dude is a perfectionist, he works his butt off, he's the human computer. If he cant pick it up, no one can

If the doctors tell him he can play, even if he isnt 100% healthy or fully recovered, do you still want Manning to be the starting quarterback next season?

Considering the fact, I wouldn't mind us signing Dan Marino right now, Hell yes signed that ****er, if he's damage goods, fine be it, it's not my money, what's 28 million dollars when you got 3.5 Billion in the bank.

I just see it as one more question mark on top of all the health issues. Peyton doesn't come off as anything but a team player and I'm sure that he and Philbin probably could make it work, but it just seems like a conflict waiting to happen. If our new coach was more of a defensive minded coach I could see giving him complete reins of the offense and bringing in an offensive coordinator to basically work around Peyton's style. I see us leaning more towards Flynn than Manning if ownership brought in Philbin to basically emulate the offense he ran in GB, although I'm not really advocating the Fins pursuing Flynn either if his top ceiling is maybe being a Matt Shaub level QB at best.

Please, you really dont think Peyton can learn a new offense? its Peyton Manning, the dude is a perfectionist, he works his butt off, he's the human computer. If he cant pick it up, no one can
I didn't say he can't learn a new offense, I said it would be awkward. Peyton is the BEST at what HE does, why CHANGE that is MY POINT.

I'ed have to agree with you here, it would really be awkward to see Peyton trying to learn a new offense late in his career. It might be something Philbin explained to Ross (owner) but obviously Ross wants to make a big splash and get fans in his stadium.
if we get manning, manning will run the offense, and philbin will coach the team like caldwell did, or any other coaches did with peyton.

no one should get involved and ruin what peyton wants to run as the offense if he comes here. he is the offense, he runs a better offense than any coach can put out their.

Any of you going to bet on it? Vegas has us at 5:2 odds, most likely to get him. (Retire is also 5:2)

Definately take Peyton if he is available. The injury is scary but well worth the risk. I would like to see a scenario where Peytons health isnt figured out until post-draft. Let our front office build the team w/o Peyton signed or in mind. Then closer to training camp Peyton will be cleared to play and we do what we can to sign him. There isnt a QB available that would be better than Peyton. This would be a great situation imo.

Im not completey sold on Matt Flynn nor do I believe he will the the high dollar contract everyone is predicting. I could be completely wrong but I just dont see how a guy who was a 7th rd pick and only 2 games experience, is going to demand a starters pay. If the coach believes in him I fully understand why he makes sense for the Phins. At the right price I would take the chance.

(DREAMING) Sign Matt Flynn at a good price....Then the scenario above plays out and Peyton becomes available.....Sorry Flynn we would like you to be backup for another year or two. LOL This would be an AMAZING offseason, unfortunately highly unlikely. I wont believe Flynn gets a huge contract till I see it.

Two little correction to this :ricky: stuff.

A) Peyton won't be on the market for too long. Even a rehabbing Peyton Manning who looks out of power and simply can't throw to the left, is a dream come true for any desperate teams who wants to elevate ticket sales. The most likely scenarios are Miami, Washington, Seattle, NY Jets and Jacksonville, and surelly the winner will be who accepts Peyton's terms and commintment to forge a solid OL.

B) There's a thing called salary cap that limits teams to became the All Pro squad. We could find a way to deal a 5 years, 50+ millions contract for Matt Flynn or even a risky incentive driven 4 years, 60+ millions deal for Peyton Manning, but there's no sane way to think on both and that's ignoring the rest of the team, beacuse we need to sign a bunch of drafted rookies, some undrafted free agent and find at least 2 O-liners, 2 DT, 1 OLB and 1 SS in a competitive free agency.

Forget Peyton - Go for Flynn!

The Fins just brought in the West Coast/Green Bay offense. They would have to turn around and create Peyton's system. By the time they get the offense worked out and the right weapons for Peyton and that offensive system, he is 39 years old. I think Peyton is a great player and would help the Fins, but for both now and long term Matt Flynn is the way to go. Philbin has the system in place. Marshall is courting him. There are no health issues and in his 2 starts, he has lit it up. Also, the draft has great talent at the O need positions: RT, WR, TE. After RGIII, there really isn't any significant talent at QB to hold out hopes for. Flynn is the smartest move for the Fins....which is why it probably won't happen
IMG_0627.jpg

The Fins just brought in the West Coast/Green Bay offense.
Please provide a link that says we are a west coast/green bay offense???

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...lphins-offense
New Dolphins coach Joe Philbin has spent the past five years orchestrating a high-octane west coast offense in Green Bay, so does he plan to bring that style of attack to Miami?
"I've been in the west coast system for nine years and I'm still not sure what that means," Philbin said. "With that being said, I think it's a mistake to take the Green Bay Packers playbook and plop it on the table here in South Florida."

http://www.nola.com/newsflash/index....bfff8c846faff3
With a new coach, the players once again have to adjust to another system. After yearly change under former coach Tony Sparano, the Dolphins now turn to Joe Philbin and the highly successful West Coast offense.
"I'm not even sure what the West Coast offense means," Philbin said Thursday. "I do know we're going to be sound, we're going to protect the A and B gaps when we send the quarterback away from the center."

Back
Top Bottom