Do you want the Dolphins to sign P. Manning? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you want the Dolphins to sign P. Manning?

Do you want the Dolphins to sign P. Manning as the starting quarterback for 2012?

• Total voters
[/B]
and that's how we missed out on Drew Brees, Leave it to the Doctors decision to worry about peyton not some randies

Doctors will make their prognosis, whatever it is. That's not the point.

Other than Drew Brees wasn't fixing to be 36 years old, there's a lot of difference between Brees' shoulder and what Peyton is dealing with in regards to his neck.

If the Colts felt good about the future of Manning's neck, he'd be playing in Indy when the time comes.

Furthermore, I don't think Miami has to worry about being on Peyton's list of potential destinations anyway even if he can play.

Other than Drew Brees wasn't fixing to be 36 years old, there's a lot of difference between Brees' shoulder and what Peyton is dealing with in regards to his neck.

If the Colts felt good about the future of Manning's neck, he'd be playing in Indy when the time comes.

Furthermore, I don't think Miami has to worry about being on Peyton's list of potential destinations anyway even if he can play.

i would agree with that...

I doubt they can afford peyton and luck, on top of all the tweaks they will need to make on their team because clearly it's not just the QB they need to work on, I'm pretty sure they would want to use their FA to buff their team

I just think we could sign Manning and still draft someone, thats like the perfect senario and we still have Matt Moore as the back up

I think it would be ridiculously stupid not to draft someone if we take Manning. He's definitely not the long term answer. I think if we take Flynn, we still need to draft a QB in the 2nd round at least because he may or may not be the answer too.

Just how much money would it take to sign a 36 year old injured Qb that was making 26 mil a year? I think more than it would a QB who has no track record to speak of. Nobody has mentioned the $ part of signing Manning. We had a HOF QB here a decade ago... but because of his contract we could no longer play the free agent game, and you need to play if you want a ring. Look at what happened in Indy, with arguably one of the best GM's of all time, and no money for defenders. I would pass.

This is a young team and with Flynn, if it works out, whose to say we don't become the next dynasty from the AFC East!

This is a young team and with Flynn, if it works out, whose to say we don't become the next dynasty from the AFC East!
that's a big if. who's to say that flynn will work out ? imo i'd rather take a chance on manning if and when he is declared healthy,

I think the people who are against signing Manning are worried about his injury and also dont like the idea of having another "stop gap" QB.

1.) This isnt just any "stop gap" QB, we're talkin about one of the best ever. If anyone can learn a new system, its Peyton Manning, his football IQ is probably the best of any other QB to play the game.

2.) I know some of yall would rather draft or sign a younger QB (Flynn) but I think its pretty obvious we dont have a chance to get Luck or RG3 and the other QB's are suspect. But we can still draft a QB in the later rounds and sign Manning, and let the young QB learn behind Manning.

3.) I would rather pay Manning $25 million instead of paying Flynn $50 million. I feel like I shouldnt need to explain why I say that.

I really cant believe that we have to convince some people that signing Manning would be great. But I would take my chances with Manning, cause if we sign Flynn and he turns out to be fools gold (AJ Feeley/Matt Cassel/Kevin Kolb) then this organization is goina look stupid once again. But even if we sign Manning and for some reason he gets hurt and his career was done after one season in Miami, no one would blame us at all for signing him, its Peyton.

I know the risk of signing Manning is that he could get re-injured, not be as healthy and he only has a couple more good years left and blah blah blah. But since it's Peyton Manning we're talkin about, our staff would be foolished not to sign him. His resume speaks for itself. By us not signing him it basically says that we dont want to win right now. and we have the team to make a good run in the playoffs, especially if Manning is healthy.

Who would you rather have, a healthy Peyton Manning or a healthy Matt Flynn? based on that, we gotta give Manning a shot. It at least shows that we are trying to make a run for the super bowl.

Whose to say we cant sign Manning, draft a young QB in the latter rounds some one like Brock Osweiler, chandler Harnish, or whoever. Let them learn from Peyton. Peyton Manning could give us 2 or 3 great seasons. But I do know that any young QB would learn a ton from Peyton Manning. So we would be playoff contenders immediately with Peyton Manning, then when he's done, hopefully our young QB who has been groomed by one the best is ready to take over and our offense wont miss a beat. And theres our dynasty

Kinda like how the Packers went from Favre to Rodgers

The cost alone is a major issue. We would blow the remainder of the cap on Peyton. Remember Marino couldn't do it by himself either. A solid foundation would make more sense at this point with a new HC and other coaches. The allure of win now sounds great but if it does not work it would send us into another tailspin.

Miami needs to draft its future QB. P Manning is old and injured. Flynn doesnt show me anything that M Moore cant do.

Miami needs to draft its future QB. P Manning is old and injured. Flynn doesnt show me anything that M Moore cant do.

Whats stopping Miami from doing that after signing Manning?

If the injury worries you, how does Matt Flynn make you comfortable? AJ Feeley, Kevin Kolb?

If Manning didn't get hurt again and gave us 3 great playoff possible super bowl seasons I would be ecstatic. I may go insane if we don't win a playoff game in 2012.

And we can still draft a QB! Tannehill, Weeden are options.

If we get Manning to play for the Fins are we still entertaining our resident troll on who has the second best QB in the division?

Back
Top Bottom