Do you want the Dolphins to sign P. Manning? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you want the Dolphins to sign P. Manning?

Do you want the Dolphins to sign P. Manning as the starting quarterback for 2012?

• Total voters
To all that voted yes, are you willing to clear 15 million in cap space for a guy who may be one hit away from retirement? That means cutting quite a few of our players, and not signing any other FA's, and not resigning our FA's. And are you wiling to risk a few seasons on a guy who is 36 years old and hasnt even played football in a year and a half? And how well do you think he will perform in our offense, where he wont be able to call the plays like he did in Indy, and has to learn an entirely new offense?

I dont think this is a wise idea at all.

That is call playing scare or playing not to lose.......Sparano and Wanny way of thinking.

This is me if we sign Manning:

vPGug-1.gif

that is so friggin hilarious. especially after a twelve pack.

I hate to say it but if there wasn't doubts about his health they wouldn't be releasing him. With this type of injury I can't see him taking any further risk and I can see him retiring. No team in their right mind would release a healthy Peyton Manning, even with Andrew Luck coming in.

its probly no longer about what Irsay the drunken sailor thinks. Itsprobly what peyton thinks. Peyton walked in the house the other day and realized its not the same house. Irsay said today that the cap is another problem.

imagine if you will, an Andrew Luck sitting on sideline, day after day, after day, after day, while the rest of the world continues to question the man?

Doctors will make their prognosis, whatever it is. That's not the point.

Other than Drew Brees wasn't fixing to be 36 years old, there's a lot of difference between Brees' shoulder and what Peyton is dealing with in regards to his neck.

If the Colts felt good about the future of Manning's neck, he'd be playing in Indy when the time comes.

Furthermore, I don't think Miami has to worry about being on Peyton's list of potential destinations anyway even if he can play.

i kinda doubt that because Luck is suspose to be Manning 2.0 younger exc. and both guys WONT play on the same team so you gotta look. Manning for 3-4 more years OR Manning 2.0 for 10 + ?? thats the question.

I hate to say it but if there wasn't doubts about his health they wouldn't be releasing him. With this type of injury I can't see him taking any further risk and I can see him retiring. No team in their right mind would release a healthy Peyton Manning, even with Andrew Luck coming in.

ok then take your pick because both done hinted , even there dads hinted that both guys WOULD NOT BE IN INDY , ON THE SAME TEAM WHEN THE SEASON STARTED....

No to Brett Favre 2.0. This new release features a fused neck and degenerative spinal cord. It is also not compatible with Colombo Turnstile 1.0 and will crash immediately if used together.

I thought he was done for good when all of this first came out, and I still don't think he'll play another down of football in the NFL. Even if he does, he's not going to be the QB who can take a mediocre team to a superbowl. Those days are over.

We had a big debate about what the Colts should do with the 1st pick several months back. I said I'd draft Andrew Luck and move on from Peyton Manning. It doesn't matter how hard the Colts, the fans, or Peyton Manning want to fight it. When the time comes, the time comes. Ain't nothing anybody can do about it.

Father time didn't wait around for Marino, Montana, Elway, Favre, or anybody else to be "ready" for it. Father time won't wait until Peyton Manning is ready for it either.

The mind will always say it can, it's the body that won't cooperate.

I didn't think trading for an injured, near washed up Carson Palmer was the right move for Miami, nor is signing an injured, near certainly washed up Peyton Manning. It's just not that easy for Miami, nor Peyton.

this...manning is done.

No to Brett Favre 2.0. This new release features a fused neck and degenerative spinal cord. It is also not compatible with Colombo Turnstile 1.0 and will crash immediately if used together.

Manning has already been cleared to play by two doctors. The only thing left now is his nerve regeneration. I see a lot of people saying that he will have atrophy in his throwing arm. He has been rehabbing and throwing with that arm since December. Atrophy will not be a problem. If the Dolphins can get a healthy Peyton Manning it will be nothing like Brett Favre. Brett Favre was a notorious gunslinger. Manning is known for his accuracy and smart decision making. Manning is also younger than what Favre was when he made his last run with the Vikes. Also, who is to say if we do get a healthy Manning that the dolphins number 1 objective would be to protect him? My guess is the fins go for an OT upgrade in the draft or FA if we land Manning.

Looks like you were completely wrong. Good call.

NO!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

its not so much the injury thing for me, its how much he is going to cost. and anyone thinking peyton is walking in here and signing for some budget contract is shooting liquid crack, pcp and lsd in their eyeball!!!

and anyone who thinks this team is a super qb away from the bowl is shooting the same drugs and if we sign manning, we wont be getting the pieces we need. it will be back to low budget, cast off free agents like the colts have had to do since they gave manning that mass salary and ending in a 2 win season.

we need starters, big time playmakers in several spots and we need depth at ALL positions. we hand out manning type contracts and its all over before it even gets started.

think folks. dont dream, think!!

Even if Peyton was healthy and did come to Miami I think you would have to take into consideration that more than likely he would probably want to run the offense as he wants to, not the way our new coach wants to and as Reggie Wayne put it "this offense ain't vanilla". I think there would be a huge learning curve for the rest of the offense when he was calling audibles at the line and I can see him tearing Marshall a new one on the sideline after he runs the wrong route and costs the Fins a TD when they get down in the redzone b/c he ran the wrong route.

Even if Peyton was healthy and did come to Miami I think you would have to take into consideration that more than likely he would probably want to run the offense as he wants to, not the way our new coach wants to and as Reggie Wayne put it "this offense ain't vanilla". I think there would be a huge learning curve for the rest of the offense when he was calling audibles at the line and I can see him tearing Marshall a new one on the sideline after he runs the wrong route and costs the Fins a TD when they get down in the redzone b/c he ran the wrong route.
I'ed have to agree with you here, it would really be awkward to see Peyton trying to learn a new offense late in his career. It might be something Philbin explained to Ross (owner) but obviously Ross wants to make a big splash and get fans in his stadium.

Back
Top Bottom