Do you want the Dolphins to sign P. Manning? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you want the Dolphins to sign P. Manning?

Do you want the Dolphins to sign P. Manning as the starting quarterback for 2012?

• Total voters
I hate to say it but if there wasn't doubts about his health they wouldn't be releasing him. With this type of injury I can't see him taking any further risk and I can see him retiring. No team in their right mind would release a healthy Peyton Manning, even with Andrew Luck coming in.

The only option in this poll , should be yes . Have you not witnessed us bein medicore to crappy for 20 years? This team needs this badly. Don't worry there are new Matt flynns every year, some turn out crappy some are decent , none are elite...we have to go all in for manning

I hate to say it but if there wasn't doubts about his health they wouldn't be releasing him. With this type of injury I can't see him taking any further risk and I can see him retiring. No team in their right mind would release a healthy Peyton Manning, even with Andrew Luck coming in.

This is probably one of the most foolish posts I've read. The decision is most likely financial. With Andrew luck coming. In, why pay manning 28 mill in salary bonus?

This is nothing like the Favre situation. Manning is not waffling around.. And favre did make an NFC championship game... And favre was never as good as manning

The only option in this poll , should be yes . Have you not witnessed us bein medicore to crappy for 20 years? This team needs this badly. Don't worry there are new Matt flynns every year, some turn out crappy some are decent , none are elite...we have to go all in for manning

This is one of the stupidest posts I have ever seen. So the Fins sign Manning to a big guaranteed contract. What happens when he inevitably takes the hit that ends his career? We end up back at Square One, with much less cap space! Peyton is acceptable ONLY if he signs an incentive-heavy contract that's based on performance. 75% of the snaps, throws over 3,700 yards. Not one hurdle less.

You don't start the search for a franchise quarterback with a 35 year old injured quarterback. Whats he going to give us? Another 1-2 years tops.

This is one of the stupidest posts I have ever seen. So the Fins sign Manning to a big guaranteed contract. What happens when he inevitably takes the hit that ends his career? We end up back at Square One, with much less cap space! Peyton is acceptable ONLY if he signs an incentive-heavy contract that's based on performance. 75% of the snaps, throws over 3,700 yards. Not one hurdle less.
Ur an idiot, we have been at square one for 10 years, why not take a chance on manning, even if we get 2 years. That's 2 years of sb contention. You can't worry about injuries all the time, anyone can get hurt. Take the chance. It's not not like there is anyone else out there, Flynn is a bigger risk, and a dime a dozen . Every year there are hot backups, non are elite, some are decent examples: kolb, feeley, schaub , Brunell, hasselbeck, r. Johnson , s. Mitchell etc. happens every year. Manning is worth every risk

Ur an idiot, we have been at square one for 10 years, why not take a chance on manning, even if we get 2 years. That's 2 years of sb contention. You can't worry about injuries all the time, anyone can get hurt. Take the chance. It's not not like there is anyone else out there, Flynn is a bigger risk, and a dime a dozen . Every year there are hot backups, non are elite, some are decent examples: kolb, feeley, schaub , Brunell, hasselbeck, r. Johnson , s. Mitchell etc. happens every year. Manning is worth every risk

Cant worry about injuries? You've been here since 2003, yet you seem to forget the Dante Culpepper, Trent Green, and Gus Frerotte experiments. How have THOSE players worked out for us. Not every Quarterback can be a Drew Brees.

Cant worry about injuries? You've been here since 2003, yet you seem to forget the Dante Culpepper, Trent Green, and Gus Frerotte experiments. How have THOSE players worked out for us. Not every Quarterback can be a Drew Brees.

Yes, exactly, my point anyone can get hurt. And none of those guys are anywhere near Peyton Manning. This is freakin Peyton Manning!!!!!!! Boogles my mind people would be against this. We have been in a crappy rut for too long, take a damn chance.

NO!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

its not so much the injury thing for me, its how much he is going to cost. and anyone thinking peyton is walking in here and signing for some budget contract is shooting liquid crack, pcp and lsd in their eyeball!!!

and anyone who thinks this team is a super qb away from the bowl is shooting the same drugs and if we sign manning, we wont be getting the pieces we need. it will be back to low budget, cast off free agents like the colts have had to do since they gave manning that mass salary and ending in a 2 win season.

we need starters, big time playmakers in several spots and we need depth at ALL positions. we hand out manning type contracts and its all over before it even gets started.

think folks. dont dream, think!!

also, if he comes here, it will delay installing OUR OC's game plan. Face it folks, Payton has been the OC in Indy since he got there. That is the single biggest reason why they failed so miserably without him. We need to let out new staff do there thing, develop OUR players. Why get a guy that could end up being ONE hit from being done?

We'd be follish to not sign a QB that could instantly land us in the Superbowl.

**** next year y'all. I'm 44 years old. I'm tired of stupid *** three year plans.

Sign that guy.

No. The name 'Culpepper' springs to mind when it the words quarterback, miami, injuries are all in one sentence.

I thought he was done for good when all of this first came out, and I still don't think he'll play another down of football in the NFL. Even if he does, he's not going to be the QB who can take a mediocre team to a superbowl. Those days are over.

We had a big debate about what the Colts should do with the 1st pick several months back. I said I'd draft Andrew Luck and move on from Peyton Manning. It doesn't matter how hard the Colts, the fans, or Peyton Manning want to fight it. When the time comes, the time comes. Ain't nothing anybody can do about it.

Father time didn't wait around for Marino, Montana, Elway, Favre, or anybody else to be "ready" for it. Father time won't wait until Peyton Manning is ready for it either.

The mind will always say it can, it's the body that won't cooperate.

I didn't think trading for an injured, near washed up Carson Palmer was the right move for Miami, nor is signing an injured, near certainly washed up Peyton Manning. It's just not that easy for Miami, nor Peyton.

I thought he was done for good when all of this first came out, and I still don't think he'll play another down of football in the NFL. Even if he does, he's not going to be the QB who can take a mediocre team to a superbowl. Those days are over.

We had a big debate about what the Colts should do with the 1st pick several months back. I said I'd draft Andrew Luck and move on from Peyton Manning. It doesn't matter how hard the Colts, the fans, or Peyton Manning want to fight it. When the time comes, the time comes. Ain't nothing anybody can do about it.

Father time didn't wait around for Marino, Montana, Elway, Favre, or anybody else to be "ready" for it. Father time won't wait until Peyton Manning is ready for it either.

The mind will always say it can, it's the body that won't cooperate.

I didn't think trading for an injured, near washed up Carson Palmer was the right move for Miami, nor is signing an injured, near certainly washed up Peyton Manning. It's just not that easy for Miami, nor Peyton.

and that's how we missed out on Drew Brees, Leave it to the Doctors decision to worry about peyton not some randies

Back
Top Bottom