Do you want the Dolphins to sign P. Manning? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you want the Dolphins to sign P. Manning?

Do you want the Dolphins to sign P. Manning as the starting quarterback for 2012?

• Total voters
NO!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

its not so much the injury thing for me, its how much he is going to cost. and anyone thinking peyton is walking in here and signing for some budget contract is shooting liquid crack, pcp and lsd in their eyeball!!!

and anyone who thinks this team is a super qb away from the bowl is shooting the same drugs and if we sign manning, we wont be getting the pieces we need. it will be back to low budget, cast off free agents like the colts have had to do since they gave manning that mass salary and ending in a 2 win season.

we need starters, big time playmakers in several spots and we need depth at ALL positions. we hand out manning type contracts and its all over before it even gets started.

think folks. dont dream, think!!

HMMM so you're telling me you can't get to the Super Bowl with just a great QB, even if you have saaaayyyyyy Oh I don't know the 31st ranked defense or so? The 2011 Patriots beg to differ. A healthy Manning makes us an SB contender, there's no doubt about it. Obviously theres no guarantees we get there and win it but I think we'd be a threat, even if we just inserted Manning with our current skill players.

if he's healthy and can give us even 2 years hell yes...i want to know what it feels like to have a franchise qb again before i die...

With regards to Manning I want us to do the exact opposite of whatever our team doctors advise....

Hell....Take an elite OT/RG with the first pick and then just trade the rest of the draft away for next year or for certain players. JUST PROTECT MANNING AND WE ARE GOLDEN.

Long/ Incognito/ Pouncey/ (RG/ RT your choice of our draft pick and Jerry). Can do a solid job of protecting him. Most of the teams we play next year don't really have dominate D's (except 49ers). These guys can get it done and protect him.

if mannings healthy he'll protect himself with how quickly the ball is out of his hand...the guy rarely even gets his uni dirty he sees the field with such clarity so fast...

healthy...no brainer...but there will be plenty of competition for his services...

whoever signs manning if he does in fact hit the streets and is billed healthy enough to play i'm betting there's an out clause in that contract after one year for the team...i just don't think anyone will throw multiple years guaranteed big damn dollars at a qb who's what 35 and coming off a serious potentially career ending neck surgery and missed the year prior...that would take some big cahonas and a gm who has major job security in the near future with his owner...

so yeah there's a financial risk and investment for the first year that you must be willing to take on but i'm sure there will be a get out of jail free card during the 2013 offseason should it go belly up...otherwise like i said major risk...that said in todays game with how much your fortunes rest on the qb position could i see someone putting all their cards on the table and going all in in order to obtain his services and giving multiple years guaranteed money in the deal...never say never...

No thanks, why would we want a franchise QB when we have M.Moore. If we just give Matt the best oline and a dominant run game, surround him with play makers at wide out and TE, then make sure we have the greatest defense ever and we'll be fine. That's much easier to do then sign Manning; he'll cost to much!

No thanks, why would we want a franchise QB when we have M.Moore. If we just give Matt the best oline and a dominant run game, surround him with play makers at wide out and TE, then make sure we have the greatest defense ever and we'll be fine. That's much easier to do then sign Manning; he'll cost to much!
tell marshall that

Healthy Manning = Super Bowl.

He's never had a physically dominant receiver like Marshall. Then we have arguably the best pass catching running back in Reggie Bush. We were in so many of the games we lost. If we had a healthy Manning THIS year, we'd be a 10+ win team.

Like I have been saying we need to get manning and Wayne. Then trade down and use the first pick on the best available tackle and second pick on Fleener. The rest of the picks can be used for defense. People think defense is a huge need but look at the pats defense and packers defense. They both sucked and were still good teams especially if one of them is in the superbowl....

Just imagine ifmwe fixed the line and had Peyton as the QB, bush the rb, Fleener the TE, and Marshall and Wayne at WR. That is instant contenders.

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Like I have been saying we need to get manning and Wayne. Then trade down and use the first pick on the best available tackle and second pick on Fleener. The rest of the picks can be used for defense. People think defense is a huge need but look at the pats defense and packers defense. They both sucked and were still good teams especially if one of them is in the superbowl....

Just imagine ifmwe fixed the line and had Peyton as the QB, bush the rb, Fleener the TE, and Marshall and Wayne at WR. That is instant contenders.

Team Doctor: "Hey Peyton, do you have pain or lack of feeling anywhere in your throwing arm?"
Peyton: "Nope, feels great."
Doctor: "Great, how about your strength? Do you feel weak in your chest or arm?"
Peyton: "Nope, feels great."
Doctor: "Okay, he's cleared."

He wouldn't lie or anything. Football players don't lie about pain or injuries. Doesn't happen.

Wouldn't we have the option to see him throw a couple of balls around to judge if he is 100% or not before we pull the trigger.

his relationship with danny marino will land peyton manning with the dolphins marino wants to see miami win big again just like all of us...hell yes if peyton can play sign him up boss ross!

Ide be okay with it if healthy as everyone eludes to. I think even if he is 90% regenerated feeling coming from much worse 6 months ago, I would even entertain bringing him in as long as Peyton is okay with it.

I think his time in Indy is done regardless. Too much strange around Indy for Peyton to handle.

Manning gives us instant super bowl contender status. Can beat Pats, and his knowledge and winning attitude week in and week out are second to none. I also think Peyton respects Miami and has always had a tough time beating us so I think he would love to come down here and take over Marino's old team. With Philbin and Sherman, I think Peyton would love to get the ball rolling.

At first I wasnt real big with the Manning to Miami notion. But after driving around yesterday and thinking about it, it would be cool and even if Peyton has to sit out a couple of games, Moore would learn alot from the new regime and Peyton to win the game.

Also, may not need to break the bank for Peyton provided his injury lowers his demands.

Back
Top Bottom