Do you want the Dolphins to sign P. Manning? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you want the Dolphins to sign P. Manning?

Do you want the Dolphins to sign P. Manning as the starting quarterback for 2012?

• Total voters
NO!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

its not so much the injury thing for me, its how much he is going to cost. and anyone thinking peyton is walking in here and signing for some budget contract is shooting liquid crack, pcp and lsd in their eyeball!!!

and anyone who thinks this team is a super qb away from the bowl is shooting the same drugs and if we sign manning, we wont be getting the pieces we need. it will be back to low budget, cast off free agents like the colts have had to do since they gave manning that mass salary and ending in a 2 win season.

we need starters, big time playmakers in several spots and we need depth at ALL positions. we hand out manning type contracts and its all over before it even gets started.

think folks. dont dream, think!!

First off, I believe the media and the NFL fan base is severely underrating Manning's abilities even at this age. He is only one year older than Brady. I thought going into this past season he could've still been playing at a level as the best quarterback in the NFL and yet now people view him as a cast off.

For the next few years it will still be Rodgers Brees Brady Manning in no specific order as the top 4 quarterbacks of the NFL. I think he could still play at a top 6 level at age 40-42 until he gets too tired to play. Its not like he has hurt his elbow or arm in any way. He is essentially still the most accurate quarterback in the nfl and perhaps the smartest pre snap quarterback as well.

I want Manning or Griffin. Give me either and I will be ecstatic for the future. I do NOT want Flynn Moore or Tannehill. If any of those guys are chosen we will be busts.

You mentioned the cap situation. The way I view it, if we bring in Manning there is a possibility we can get Wayne at a discount. Maybe not who knows.

The rest of our holes I believe we can resolve in the draft. Pass Rush and Offensive tackle can be resolved in any of the first 3 rounds. I like Ledarius Green out of Louisiana Lafayette as a Tight End pick in the 4th round. Speed tight end with great hands who is underweight right now but can develop into a legitimate piece.

If we get Manning or Griffin we immediately have playoff chances. Sure Manning won't be around forever, but why not enjoy the years he has left? Especially when he will have a chip on his shoulder. And who knows maybe he'll bring Reggie Wayne along with him!

To all that voted yes, are you willing to clear 15 million in cap space for a guy who may be one hit away from retirement? That means cutting quite a few of our players, and not signing any other FA's, and not resigning our FA's. And are you wiling to risk a few seasons on a guy who is 36 years old and hasnt even played football in a year and a half? And how well do you think he will perform in our offense, where he wont be able to call the plays like he did in Indy, and has to learn an entirely new offense?

I dont think this is a wise idea at all.

To all that voted yes, are you willing to clear 15 million in cap space for a guy who may be one hit away from retirement? That means cutting quite a few of our players, and not signing any other FA's, and not resigning our FA's. And are you wiling to risk a few seasons on a guy who is 36 years old and hasnt even played football in a year and a half? And how well do you think he will perform in our offense, where he wont be able to call the plays like he did in Indy, and has to learn an entirely new offense?

are you willing to watch the jets win a couple super bowls with manning?

Im tired of people saying IF he is healthy, none of us will know until he actually plays, if the doctors clear him to play. My question is rather, is he worth the risk? I think so, i mean, its peyton manning, we would be dumb not to take the chance. Even if its just one great season, I would be happy knowing we tried, and with Manning we have the best chance. Im not sure how much Peyton will cost, anybody know how much the Jets or Vikings paid Favre? I dont think with Peyton its all about the money, he's already loaded, unlike Flynn.

I agree with NorFlaFin that Manning is too proud to come back unless he believes he is healthy enough to play. It's not going to be about the money for him it will be about proving to himself (and proving others wrong) that he can still play.

Manning is not the long term solution obviously but it does buy us some time since we're unlikely to be in the mix for Luck/RG3.

If he can stay healthy and still play at a high level then I would be all for it. At this point nobody knows though. Often by the time aging veterans get to Miami they're a shell of their former selves. The guys making the decision would be privy to more information then we are. If they feel he can play then go for it.

are you willing to watch the jets win a couple super bowls with manning?

Do you seriously think the Jets are going to win the next 2 super bowls? really? You would sign a player just to prevent another team from having him? Sounds like a really smart idea.

60% manning is still better then moore and flynn is a complete unknown unless you consider that one game getting carried by his receivers.

Its a QB league

Do you seriously think the Jets are going to win the next 2 super bowls? really? You would sign a player just to prevent another team from having him? Sounds like a really smart idea.
w/o manning-hell no
w/manning a good possibility
its not a matter of preventing him from going to the jets. manning has been linked to 3 teams for possible suitors if he leaves (us ,jets, seahawks). its a matter of signing him if available. that would make us a valid contender for the championship.i would much rather us roll the dice than the jets.

60% manning is still better then moore and flynn is a complete unknown unless you consider that one game getting carried by his receivers.

Its a QB league

Stop it, this isn't madden, it's real life...

Agreed. I would rather have Philbin and his new OC sit down and review film of all these QB's and make an intelligent rational decision as to whether they can build an effective offense around them. In addition, we need to stop taking other teams castaways (EXPENSIVE!!) and build with a young stud potential franchise QB.

hard to say know if he's healthy but I don't think he is and I'd hate to put all the eggs in one basket

Ozzy rukes!!

Back
Top Bottom