Votes: 26 17.7%
  • No

Votes: 76 51.7%
  • Yes with Grier

Votes: 27 18.4%
  • No but Grier is.

Votes: 18 12.2%

• Total voters
Like I said, if we end up 1-8, 1-9. How is it not fair to ask if he’s on the hot seat? Any 1 win coach would be.
First off, we aren't even close to 1-8. That's a ridiculous assumption. There are 12 one win coaches as of this post, and they've all had their starting QB's.

And second, who said Flores cant be on the hot seat? He can be on the hot seat no doubt, but the 12 year old emo posters in this thread aren't talking about "hot seat", they are talking about firing the coach and GM - basically cleaning house because our starting QB got injured. Stupid FH

First off, we aren't even close to 1-8. That's a ridiculous assumption. There are 12 one win coaches as of this post, and they've all had their starting QB's.

And second, who said Flores cant be on the hot seat? He can be on the hot seat no doubt, but the 12 year old emo posters in this thread aren't talking about "hot seat", they are talking about firing the coach and GM - basically cleaning house because our starting QB got injured. Stupid FH
When is our next win?

Voted no. However, this team looks like enough of a wreck at the moment that I believe he will be fired after the season.

Ross will try to hire a big splash coach like he did with Jeff Fisher.

I do agree the posts are a little emotional, no doubt. But you know the HC is not free of culpability because the starting QB got injured. He's the one who is on his third and 4th OC's in three years. He's the one who really didn't do an offensive line almost entirely composed of young and inexperienced players or the young QB any favors by saddling them with each other just a short duration into their NFL careers, before either one was ready to assist the other in development.

There's lot of decisions that led Flores to dig his own grave by getting Tua injured in week two, dating all the way back to his QB and RB decisions all the way in 2019.

A guy getting hurt on a freak play is a random occurrence. What happened to Tua was one of the most predictable things to ever happen in sports.

I expected regression but this is ridiculous. I was 100% on the Flores train. He seemed to get some quality play from third string level players, he seemed to be able to get his team to play very disciplined football, the defense seemed to swarm around the ball, the defensive scheme gave opposing QBs headaches, and he was an aggressive, no excuses coach. But this year? I'm not seeing any of that. I have no idea what happened. And now all I see are questionable decisions and mind boggling results.

How does your defense go from best in the league on 3rd down to worst? How do you go from top 5 scoring defense to bottom 10? How are we not using Waddle's speed to our advantage? Why aren't we running more amoeba/cover zero stuff like we did last year? How is Austin Jackson still starting? Why is Grant still fielding punts? Why aren't we getting Parker the ball more?

I have no idea what to think about Flores right now. Maybe he was body snatched and what we're seeing is a poor copy.

Who knows...This team is making it VERY hard for me to give them their 8 games under a new offense…VERY hard.

I‘m as big an optimist as the best of ‘em…but I can only take so many hits. I 100% believed Indy had no shot going in to this game…but we put ‘em in the driver seat all on our own…and again, I default to coaching. We need some big improvements, soon, or Flo will be looking for work, IMO. I can only hope, when/if it comes to that, it’s in the midst of Ross selling the team and dumping Grier. These last 3 weeks have been inexcusable.

I thought how they looked week 1 was the floor, but they‘re getting down into the foundation.

Flo and Grier both will absolutely survive this year. They will get the rest of this year and next year regardless of what happens this year. We could go 1-16 and they’re both still safe. Next year will determine both of their fates.

Grier got a ton of high draft picks and then proceeded to waste just about every one. Instead of looking like an All-Star team they look like cellar-dwellers. Every step he took to improve the o-line appears to be a step backwards.

Fans talk about how great Flores is with his defense, but the only thing they do well is force turnovers. They're consistently giving up big running and passing plays. Their 3rd down defense went from 1st last year to worst this year. Every single decision made by Flores on the offensive side of the ball has been detrimental to the success of the team. The team has some talent on offense, but they have absolutely no idea how to use it. Today there were some nice pass plays downfield late in the 4th quarter; where were those plays during the rest of the game? The OCs are terrible playcallers, and Flores just stands there watching.

Grier can collect draft picks, but he's not the guy you want doing the drafting. Flores is completely clueless when it comes to offense, and his stubborn refusal to bring in an established, experienced OC will be his downfall. Also, his constant moving around of players to different positions because he wants everyone to be versatile isn't helping.

Bye-Bye

Grier got a ton of high draft picks and then proceeded to waste just about every one. Instead of looking like an All-Star team they look like cellar-dwellers. Every step he took to improve the o-line appears to be a step backwards.

Fans talk about how great Flores is with his defense, but the only thing they do well is force turnovers. They're consistently giving up big running and passing plays. Their 3rd down defense went from 1st last year to worst this year. Every single decision made by Flores on the offensive side of the ball has been detrimental to the success of the team. The team has some talent on offense, but they have absolutely no idea how to use it. Today there were some nice pass plays downfield late in the 4th quarter; where were those plays during the rest of the game? The OCs are terrible playcallers, and Flores just stands there watching.

Grier can collect draft picks, but he's not the guy you want doing the drafting. Flores is completely clueless when it comes to offense, and his stubborn refusal to bring in an established, experienced OC will be his downfall. Also, his constant moving around of players to different positions because he wants everyone to be versatile isn't helping.

Bye-Bye
Pretty much. This defense was hugely boosted by the type of QB we got to face in many of our games last year. I'm not sure fans can point to any game where this defense really dictated the game to a good QB.

While I agree that it is too early in the season to panic. Half the coaches with zero or one wins are first year coaches who are really not expected to win much in their first season. So none of them are really on the hot seat this season.

Carroll, Belichick, and Tomlin have all won SB’s in the past and I doubt any of them are on the hot seat this season. Unless in the case of Tomlinson and Carroll, their teams completely collapse and they lose the locker room, which I doubt will happen. Belichick will be in NE as long as he wants to be there.

The only coaches I see as possibly being on the hot seat if their teams continue to lose are Zimmer and Flores. They both have had time to get their own players and to build a playoff team. If they both have teams that fail to finish above 500 or make the playoffs, they are the two coaches right now that seem the most likely to be fired under that scenario.

While I agree that it is too early in the season to panic. Half the coaches with zero or one wins are first year coaches who are really not expected to win much in their first season. So none of them are really on the hot seat this season.

Carroll, Belichick, and Tomlin have all won SB’s in the past and I doubt any of them are on the hot seat this season. Unless in the case of Tomlinson and Carroll, their teams completely collapse and they lose the locker room, which I doubt will happen. Belichick will be in NE as long as he wants to be there.

The only coaches I see as possibly being on the hot seat if their teams continue to lose are Zimmer and Flores. They both have had time to get their own players and to build a playoff team. If they both have teams that fail to finish above 500 or make the playoffs, they are the two coaches right now that seem the most likely to be fired under that scenario.
Great post. It's really a matter of expectations and where a team should be at in their rebuild. I also have a very hard time imagining that the Pats or Steelers won't find a way to scrap up enough wins to be well ahead of the worst teams in the league by the end of the year.

Doesn't really matter...its not like college when kids are making decisions.

Flo needs to go...obviously. nice man, in over his head. Should back to being a regional scout--or something. He's not HC material.

Daboll, Joe Brady. Cowboys OC, Mike Lafleur. Any of those guys...and I don't really care when they Fire Flores.

Black Monday is fine. Sucks to be us!😆😆😆

He shouldn't survive this.

He should be fired. Along with Grier. Maybe Jakeem Grant can take them to the airport on the way to the unemployment line.
If Flores is canned it will be at the end of the season… because there is absolutely no one that could be promoted on an interim basis on this staff… and if Flores is fired I guarantee he will get another head coaching gig, with a competent front office and coaching staff… he is smart enough to learn from this experience and he will be successful elsewhere

Flo and Grier both will absolutely survive this year. They will get the rest of this year and next year regardless of what happens this year. We could go 1-16 and they’re both still safe. Next year will determine both of their fates.
I sure hope they don't get all of this year AND next year to continue to wreck this team. I'll find it hard to watch.

Back
Top Bottom