Does This Kid Asiata Have Any Hope Of Stepping In And Doing Well? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does This Kid Asiata Have Any Hope Of Stepping In And Doing Well?

what? he started as a ROOKIE!
And folks bitched back then we blew a 2nd round pick. Actually it was said back then that if Webb was not the there Sims was the choice. Point is it takes time for ol players to gel.

Anyone remember Andrew Greene from Indiana we drafted in the 2nd round for instance.

I remember jumping off the couch and throwing a fit as soon as the name was announced. Then that night on the Saturday version of the Stardust Line radio show I ridiculed the Dolphins for that pick.

Andrew Greene was almost 26 years old at the time of the draft, yet still not much of anything. Of everyone in that draft he stood out as the sucker selection, the one you make if you have no clue toward the big picture.

So naturally it was the Dolphins.

I remember talking about Greene's age with friends as the draft approached. In those years some of the printed draft guides did a great job listing the player's birth date. Joel Buchsbaum of Pro Football Weekly always spotlighted the over aged players in his write up. Over the decades somehow that focus has been diminished, and often there is rationalization in favor of the older prospect. It is garbage thinking. That's why I was so thrilled to find the draft analyst Jim Cobern -- "Common Man Football" -- who places greater emphasis on age than anyone I have ever seen.

In such an inexact process I have no idea why a team would willingly sacrifice several percent with an older player instead of theoretically gaining a few percent with a younger than typical prospect. That is a foundation of Cobern's analysis and it is perfect, IMO.

Cobern was not high on the Dolphin 2017 draft class as a whole, as I recall, and particularly regarding Tankersley. He mentioned Asiata's age in his post draft metrics review video.

And folks bitched back then we blew a 2nd round pick. Actually it was said back then that if Webb was not the there Sims was the choice. Point is it takes time for ol players to gel.

No. Point is you were wrong.

Wrong ha well this was is the best oline in awile with all the guys outside of Tumsil into their 4th year or longer. Yea right. Tunsil the steal of the 2016 draft was called for the most penalties last game. Davis a free agent is just showing up after bouncing around the league look at the facts.

I remember jumping off the couch and throwing a fit as soon as the name was announced. Then that night on the Saturday version of the Stardust Line radio show I ridiculed the Dolphins for that pick.

Andrew Greene was almost 26 years old at the time of the draft, yet still not much of anything. Of everyone in that draft he stood out as the sucker selection, the one you make if you have no clue toward the big picture.

So naturally it was the Dolphins.

I remember talking about Greene's age with friends as the draft approached. In those years some of the printed draft guides did a great job listing the player's birth date. Joel Buchsbaum of Pro Football Weekly always spotlighted the over aged players in his write up. Over the decades somehow that focus has been diminished, and often there is rationalization in favor of the older prospect. It is garbage thinking. That's why I was so thrilled to find the draft analyst Jim Cobern -- "Common Man Football" -- who places greater emphasis on age than anyone I have ever seen.

In such an inexact process I have no idea why a team would willingly sacrifice several percent with an older player instead of theoretically gaining a few percent with a younger than typical prospect. That is a foundation of Cobern's analysis and it is perfect, IMO.

Cobern was not high on the Dolphin 2017 draft class as a whole, as I recall, and particularly regarding Tankersley. He mentioned Asiata's age in his post draft metrics review video.

Milner was traded the next year for our former 1st round pick from Miami U. I know u will remember his name though I forget it at this moment.
I am of the opinion that draft figured heavily into Shula being shown the door along with his record. Of course his replacements have shown th as that was a poor choice.

I never understand how people think if a player doesn't reach a fans expectations or or goals that makes the player "dimwitted" or a "dumbass." The player has got much closer to their dream than we fans have so if theyy're "dimwitted" what does that make us?

I think for a wholeeeeee lot of talented, smart weekend warrior types it makes us 5'10 180 and them 6'3 235.....Especially for lineman the number 1 attribute is "have been born an absolute giant of a human being"

I think for a wholeeeeee lot of talented, smart weekend warrior types it makes us 5'10 180 and them 6'3 235.....Especially for lineman the number 1 attribute is "have been born an absolute giant of a human being"

I think a lot of people think that way, but every lineman prospect drafted or even just tryouts are big. It takes more than being 6'4/6'5 and 300 pounds+ to succeed. Even things like strength isn't enough you can have the size and be a workout warrior and not make it through the front door.

Back
Top Bottom