Dolphins are hiring Butch Barry as new OL coach | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins are hiring Butch Barry as new OL coach

I won’t pretend to know much about Butch at this point, but living in Utah I’m unfortunately subjected to a lot of Denver Bronco coverage and not only were they ravaged by injuries on the offensive side of the ball, their O-Line took massive hits basically from the get go. LT Garrett Boles is one of the best LT’s in the league in my opinion and he only played in a couple games before hitting IR for the season. Their 2nd best O-lineman who’s name I’m currently forgetting also missed the majority of the year.

The Broncos were just a mess. Hackett was in over his head from day 1, Russell Wilson is a wildly overrated player, WR Tim Patrick- their best WR was lost for the season before the season even started, they lost their only good RB right out of the gates and there just wasn’t any semblance of cohesion at all on the offensive side of the ball.

With all that being said, Denver’s O-Line was able to rank 8 spots higher (16) than Miami (24). I have no idea if this means he’s a good hire or not but I do think it’s fair to say that he certainly wasn’t handed a very good situation last season. Hell, maybe he was part of the problem but I see no reason to fret until we see his Miami O-Line in action.

Older you get the longer it takes to recover. Dudes going to be 32 this summer.
My take is that as the line continues to improve that Armstead will benefit. Hopefully, he can limit the plays that require him to over extend himself. He is a stud LT and I'm glad we got him.

McDaniel is a very vocal HC who seems to communicate extremely well with his players. So I really don’t think he is going to be happy with an assistant coach that doesn’t communicate with his players and only leaves them notes at their locker.
McDaniel observed Barry when they were both on the 49ers staff during the 2021 season. So based on all the excellent hires he has made at the assistant coach level since becoming the HC, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on the hiring of Barry at this time.

It's so hard to tell how a new assistant coach will do.......we've had so many OL coaches over the last few years it's become a comedy....I don’t know how he'll do but I'm just hoping for the best.

...?

Wide 9 is a defensive scheme.

Edit: You probably meant wide zone...but that's still more relevant to run blocking.

If so, this pretty much seals Gesicki's fate. They really need a lot of 21 personnel to make wide zone runs more effective...and Gesicki CAN'T be the "1" part.
Exactly.

Older you get the longer it takes to recover. Dudes going to be 32 this summer.
You forgot to mention the 4 body parts that popped up on the injury report at seasons end. (Toe, Pec, knee and hip) 🤦 You think he is gonna ing to get any practices in next year?

Dude hasn’t practices much over the last 2 years!! I bet the other Dolphins players just love that!!!

I won’t pretend to know much about Butch at this point, but living in Utah I’m unfortunately subjected to a lot of Denver Bronco coverage and not only were they ravaged by injuries on the offensive side of the ball, their O-Line took massive hits basically from the get go. LT Garrett Boles is one of the best LT’s in the league in my opinion and he only played in a couple games before hitting IR for the season. Their 2nd best O-lineman who’s name I’m currently forgetting also missed the majority of the year.

The Broncos were just a mess. Hackett was in over his head from day 1, Russell Wilson is a wildly overrated player, WR Tim Patrick- their best WR was lost for the season before the season even started, they lost their only good RB right out of the gates and there just wasn’t any semblance of cohesion at all on the offensive side of the ball.

With all that being said, Denver’s O-Line was able to rank 8 spots higher (16) than Miami (24). I have no idea if this means he’s a good hire or not but I do think it’s fair to say that he certainly wasn’t handed a very good situation last season. Hell, maybe he was part of the problem but I see no reason to fret until we see his Miami O-Line in action.

The Donkeys were ravaged by injuries in 2022.

If memory serves, Quinn Meinerz was the 2nd best OL
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinn_Meinerz#References
p.s. Bolles played at the U (my alma mater)

Back
Top Bottom