Dolphins believe in Tua Tagovailoa, expect new coach to build around QB, via Ian Rapoport | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins believe in Tua Tagovailoa, expect new coach to build around QB, via Ian Rapoport

So if you read between the lines, it was Flores who was pushing for Watson and not Grier and Marino. The one thing I've taken from this whole debacle is, never believe the media. Is it a coincidence Flores stopped communicating with his staff, AFTER, Watson remained in Houston? Just saying.

Getting the best out of Tua is in the best interest of the Miami Dolphins. If Daboll is the guy, so be it.

Wait, lol.

You don’t believe the media when it comes to Watson rumors…

But you do believe the media when they say Flores stopped talking to coordinators.

In other words, you beleieve what you want to believe.

OL, RB, WR all are directly correlated to QB.

Do you remember Brady winning SB’s with old, average WR’s?

And Brady’s line ALWAYS looked dominant.

It’s because:
Dante Scarnecchia.

How did Brady make the OL look twice vs the Giants or anytime he faced a good pass rush? Tua got rid of the ball in 2.1 seconds which is literally tied for the fastest in the NFL.

Brady had short WR's that were quick enough to get separation which fit the scheme perfectly for the mostly dink and dunk offense. When the Pats didn't give Brady sufficient enough weapons he complained about a lack of weapons and is one of the reasons he eventually bolted for the Bucs who have significantly better weapons than the Pats.

See, now it's obvious you are spouting talking points and not actually having a discussion.

I had an in-depth post about how they correlate. It seems spammy to post that twice. Look back at the previous page if you want to see it.

Dante Scarnecchia.

How did Brady make the OL look twice vs the Giants or anytime he faced a good pass rush? Tua got rid of the ball in 2.1 seconds which is literally tied for the fastest in the NFL.

Brady had short WR's that were quick enough to get separation which fit the scheme perfectly for the mostly dink and dunk offense. When the Pats didn't give Brady WR's sufficient enough weapons he complained about a lack of weapons and eventually bolted for the Bucs who have significantly better weapons than the Pats.

Scarnechia wasnt even on the team for a few years (retired and came back).

If you think Tua will ever be a great QB, I truly feel bad for you.

Flores was a damn good coach and you guys wanted him gone too:

So if the Bills don't make the SB what is Allen?

Allen has SB-caliber ability.

Maybe he makes it, maybe he doesn’t.

But he has the ability.

Tua doesn’t. Tua will never be more than a low level NFL starter.

Flores knew this. Flores saw him practice daily. Flores wanted him gone for a reason.

I don’t know about the “roster to do it”. Team isn’t bad record wise but gets boat raced by all the NFL big boys and gives up lots of points. I’d agree if we were losing to your Bills, the Bucs and Titans like 17-3 or 20-7 but it’s usually 30 and 40 burgers. The team as constructed cannot beat Josh Allen and that is the first thing that has to change if they are going to make any noise. A QB who can beat him in a track meet would help but so would a defense that could slow him down.
We have both the roster and coaching to do what we have consistently done the past decade or more. Lose big in the most of important games of the season, and trot out an impotent boring offense. That’s what this roster did, and that’s what Flores and his coaching staff did. Seen that movie so many times.

But he has the ability.

Flores knew this. Flores saw him practice daily. Flores wanted him gone for a reason.
You said the Dolphins team is SB calibar but Tua isn't so if you don't make it is it Allen or the teams fault.

If I'm a head coach exploring the teams that need one, Miami would be at the top of my list.

The team has a lot of young talent, a quarterback in Tua who had a six or seven game stretch where he played great despite the issues on the offensive line, $74 million in salary cap, a championship caliber defense, or close to it...That's a darn good starting point.
Seriously just stop. Tua played GREAT in a 6 or 7 game stretch? What exactly do you define as "great"? He had 7 games with 1 TD or less and several under 200 yards. Oh, Im sorry, its the OL and lack of running game right?

We had such a weak schedule this season. Every single game against good NFL teams he flopped.

We do have some young talent on Defense, but were going to have an issue with a top coach if Tua is the QB.

I wonder why nobody has written any articles about a team inquiring about Tua in a trade? If he was that good, why hasnt Denver, Carolina, Jets, Giants, Houston, and Washington called to pry him away?

This has been posted already. A long thread on it but we appreciate a Bills fan posting it to.

Armado was using the talking point Lombardi used but Lombardi walked that back and said Flores never said it. So this needs to go to the locker like the first one did.

But he has the ability.

To early to make that determination one way or another. Drew Brees didn’t become Drew Brees until his 3rd/4th season. I think we’ll have a pretty definitive idea about Tua after next year. It baffles me how impatient people are with this guy. He’s definitely had some bad plays, but he’s also definitely had some good games where he displayed elite accuracy and was super efficient. He also had games where he was terrible.

How much of that was because that is who he is? Or how much of that was because he’s still a young QB barely an entire season of games under his belt, and a coach who doesn’t believe in him and who may have been sabotaging him?

If he’s the starter next year, I think then we will have enough film to have a definitive opinion on him One way or the other.

Scarnechia wasnt even on the team for a few years (retired and came back).

If you think Tua will ever be a great QB, I truly feel bad for you.

Flores was a damn good coach and you guys wanted him gone too:
We're not talking about Tua being a great QB we're talking about this being a SB caliber roster which it isn't. Good luck in the playoffs enjoy being one of teams in the NFL that has never won a SuperBowl.

Back
Top Bottom